Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I joined several message boards since i bought my badlands in January. For me this was a walk-in purchase so i didn't know much about the different trims, or the ordering process. Nowadays, on several bronco online forums, i notice that most new bronco purchases are outer banks. Just wondering what makes this trim so popular?

Edit:
Thanks to everyone who responded. Its pretty clear the outer banks is the first trim where you can get better interior options, plus painted handles, mirrors, etc ... I guess realistically, it has the most common appeal.

For me, i needed ruggedness and durability on my interiors due to kids and dog. The badlands with mgv, rubber floors seemed to fit the bill. Mine has no options (or as i call them, things my kids will damage) and suits me perfectly. (Plus it's manual, so it cuts down on people wanting to drive it! Lol!). I honestly would've gotten like a RAV4 or Honda pilot if the ford dealer only had a bronco in stock with a "nice" interior. I'm happy with how things turned out.

The off road capabilities have been a bonus and helped me discover a new hobby i had never considered. Thanks again everyone! Happy trails!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Deb68nc

Outer Banks
First Name
Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I like that it has painted mirrors and door handles. The Sasquatch on it though doesn’t have painted flares. The roast seats are beautiful too..I love my obx …

Ford Bronco Why is Outer Banks so popular? BE02D4E5-9A2C-4E08-BD1C-E5BFF7B02923
Ford Bronco Why is Outer Banks so popular? B7E1450B-854B-4E66-B79A-E6520A743857

Last edited:

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It is the first trim that has access to the HIGH/LUX package. And it also has unique interior - only can get the Roast/Luna interior (cloth or leather) on the OBX. The painted bits (flares (non Sasquatch), mirror caps, door handles) also a selling point.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure if your "data" is very accurate. But in our group buy down here in TX it is one of the least popular for MY23 (as well as 22 and 21). Sample size is about 100. Heck, we got more BRaptors than OBX's.

Ford Bronco Why is Outer Banks so popular? Screenshot_20230415-163221

I ordered a Loaded OBX-Squatch for my wife as she didn't need the disco or washout interior of the BL or the Hoss3.0 of the WT. Plus she likes the roast leather option. I am sure many other OBX buyers bought for the same reason.

Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I choose to order my 21 Lux Outerbanks Sasquatch because of the roast leather, painted handles and mirrors.

I added standard painted Outerbanks flares and I love it!

Ford Bronco Why is Outer Banks so popular? 20220620_171427

malt_liqueur

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It is the first trim that has access to the HIGH/LUX package. And it also has unique interior - only can get the Roast/Luna interior (cloth or leather) on the OBX. The painted bits (flares (non Sasquatch), mirror caps, door handles) also a selling point.
Yup, lowest trim you can get the 12” screen on so that’s where I started.

BlazinGrizz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco OBX / 2020 Subaru Ascent Touring
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I joined several message boards since i bought my badlands in January. For me this was a walk-in purchase so i didn't know much about the different trims, or the ordering process. Nowadays, on several bronco online forums, i notice that most new bronco purchases are outer banks. Just wondering what makes this trim so popular?
Just my scenario. Our bronco will live on paved roads 99% of the time. I wish I could tell you that we are an avid off-road family, but we are definitely fun-loving and want to enjoy a vehicle that is capable, and adaptable as far as doors and roof.

I will say I do like the painted fenders and there was no need for 35s. I won’t be adding a lift or any crazy expensive upgrades. Just a family fun vehicle. We may be in the minority but we just don’t need a heavy duty off-road vehicle. But off-roading or not, I think most would agree that it is hard to not like the Bronco.

I would say see you on the trails, but it’s unlikely. However, we might pass you on the highway heading to the beach 😎

Stay safe 👍🏼

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The OBX model without Sasquatch was way too pedestrian in appearance for me. It made adding the Sasquatch mandatory. That option drove the price to Bad Lands ville. I did not like any of the OBX interior options. The Bad Lands is way more Bronco then I need but it had the look and the interior options I wanted. I put the Bad Lands in the bag. I really dig this vehicle.

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It has the best interior options.
Outerbanks with Sasquatch would have been my first choice if they would have let me get it with a manual transmission. 😕

Tishomingo

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not sure why most of the trims would be purchased. I think Ford has too many trim levels on the Bronco, and surely production teams can't like that!
I get base trim for those that just want a cheap Bronco, and top-of-the-line Wildtrak for those that want the most capable.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Idk. The non Sasquatch version probably shouldn’t even be considered a bronco lol