Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just double checking that you have base manual 2-door with minimal options.
If you have 4-doors or an upgraded trim you are basically what you think a "Soccer Mom" is.
Lol, you think that I said everyone that has something other than a base is a soccer mom? Hmm, you might need to re-read that. Nope, I said there are a lot of people, not everyone mind you, that paid top $$ for a Bronco thinking itā€™s perfect for the kids or daily commute but will find it not luxury enough once they realize itā€™s a truck. And thatā€™s ok b/c the off roader who comes along later will get a deal.
Sponsored

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Best ā€œMall Crawlerā€ package

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I bought a badlands because it was the only bronco on the lot. Admittedly, i knew nothing about the different trims at the time. I had a feeling the badlands was more than i needed. Just wanted an SUV to take the family outdoors. But the deal i was offered was too good to pass up (basically they offered me way more for my trade in to get the amount finances down to where I needed it). But now that i have it, i make use of it whenever possible. Love going offroad when time permits. Loving this new hobby.
Awesome! Glad youā€™re putting that Bronco to use!

No hate on the Badlands from me, itā€™s the Bronco Rubicon so that speaks for itself. Iā€™m mostly talking about Ford putting baby soft OEM tires on the OBX which gives it such a bad wrap. It scares buyers into a Badlands or Black Diamond who want something off the lot that looks the part.

Even a set of Conti Terrain Contacts would be a huge upgrade without sacrificing road performance or MPG. Jeep puts street tires on some trims without making it look bad, Ford could learn a lesson here and upgrade what I think is already the best trim.

TCC

Wildtrak
First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX -> WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Why I chose OBX? They look the best, I could get roast cloth interior, carpet, adv 4x4, 2.7L, mid-package electronicsā€¦. and out the door for around $48K. And with the 4.27 axle, I get 21+- mpg on 315 KO2ā€™s.

Ford Bronco Why is Outer Banks so popular? 7028D5E1-C05F-4C55-83AE-8B3C508328D7

Last edited:

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Outer banks is the bronco version of the Sahara wrangler. Its the ā€œstreetā€ version of the model with the most cosmetic/comfert appeal. In plain wordsā€¦its the mall crawler trim that will sell the most.
No. Itā€™s 100% capable. There isnā€™t anything that makes it any less off-road worthy as any other Bronco. Some prefer colored trim, to trim that will most likely get chalky like a Chevy Avalanche in a few years time. Plus malls arenā€™t even a thing anymore. They have all about closed.

I donā€™t understand why some have to bash other trims or if someone wanted 4 doors. It should be a Pro Bronco community.

Last edited:

Sponsored

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Why I chose OBX? They look the best, I could get roast cloth interior, carpet, adv 4x4, 2.7L, mid-package electronicsā€¦. and out the door for around $48K.

Ford Bronco Why is Outer Banks so popular? 7028D5E1-C05F-4C55-83AE-8B3C508328D7
Exactly. šŸ‘šŸ»

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My observation...

The standard OBX take-off wheels/tires are all over FB Marketplace and Craigslist. More than any other trim (except base steelies with 30" tires). You can relatively easily get 5 Wheels/Tires/TPMS for under $500, under $400 if you look hard enough or can do a little light negotiation.

What is that?
1. People don't like the wheel/tire combo?
2. They upgrade wheels/tires immediately to get the "look" of a Sasquatch?
I hated the tires that came on the obx. I put KO2s on mine right away because of where I live those stock tires did not help me get down the road.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What I find funny is any Sasquatch Bronco with the exception of Badlands, First Edition (front sway bar disconnect) and Raptor are all completely equal when it comes to capabilities, yet the OBX gets all the hate.

Actually speaking of it, a non SAS OBX w/optional locker is more capable than a non SAS Base come to think of it.

I don't get the hate, we're all here for the love of the Bronco. I love all trims, colors, tops, and door counts. These are awesome vehicles that we all choose for our own personal reasons.

"Can't we all just get along"
I donā€™t hate the Sasquatch OBX. However, I think it should come with a steel bumper. Itā€™s the non sasā€¦ plastic bumperā€¦ no lockerā€¦. OBX that I donā€™t understand.

cmlcpt

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It was the only one avaiable when I walked into the dealer, so I drove it home.

rpaluch1

Outer Banks
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

To begin with there are no bad choices on any Bronco trim level. The vehicle is the best thing since sliced bread and is just flat out awesome. I have an OBX non SAS with every option I could get and still have my vehicle built. Iā€™m not a rock climber but do enjoy off road trails and the related sights. Why I chose an OBX is because like all other Broncos there is nothing like it on the road and you can make it your own with all the accessories available.

IMG_1147.jpeg

IMG_1148.jpeg

Sponsored

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Basically OBX is the Jeep Wrangler Sahara of Broncos. Meant for people that are honest with themselves and don't plan to get too crazy off-road/want a nicer on-road experience with some "luxury" amenities. Personally, I'm never taking my Bronco into any hardcore off-road situations and I also don't care about most of the luxury stuff which is why I went with a Big Bend (plus I wanted a manual with 4 doors). Knock the stock tires all u want but they get u 25/26 mpg on the freeway and ride great. Any stock Bronco trim is more capable that 95%+ of any other vehicle on the road...

BuckBronco

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I havenā€™t noticed anything that make me think OBX is more popular. It seems like reading through everyoneā€™s commentsā€¦ you either like or donā€™t like;

Roast Interior (OB/WT) vs Solid (BD/BDL)
Or
Painted Fender Flares vs Non Painted

Obviously thereā€™s a bunch of other reasons whether or not HOSS 3.0, Swaybar, SAS, or even the grill are important to you but it seems like the above are the big ones. I didnā€™t care much about the swaybar vs Hoss but donā€™t love the roast interior so went with Badlands. I personally like hearing about everyoneā€™s different opinions on why they like what they got and itā€™s funny to hear people argue why oneā€™s better than the other. Itā€™s all subjective to the individual.

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you get a Sahara with a rear locker and 4.27 gears?
You can try to separate them from one another, but they are direct competitors in the model line up. Targeted to the same exact consumer type. There is nothing wrong with that. I had a wrangler Sahara that i sold to get me bronco. I loved that thing for 4.5 years. Took it off road all the time. Mudding. I beat that Sahara up. It was a great vehicle. It had just enough to let me go off road with the different gearing (2h, 4h, 4L) but still had the full comfort options that the lower trims and the rubicon did not (as standard). Also drove better on the road/highway due to different suspension set up from the wrangler sport and rubicon. Its the exact same build concept with the outbanks. This time around I wanted the full offroad options (disconnecting sway bar, front rear lockers, etc.). I wanted the rubicon of the bronco familyā€¦aka the badlands.

Deleted member 49144

Basically OBX is the Jeep Wrangler Sahara of Broncos. Meant for people that are honest with themselves and don't plan to get too crazy off-road/want a nicer on-road experience with some "luxury" amenities. Personally, I'm never taking my Bronco into any hardcore off-road situations and I also don't care about most of the luxury stuff which is why I went with a Big Bend (plus I wanted a manual with 4 doors). Knock the stock tires all u want but they get u 25/26 mpg on the freeway and ride great. Any stock Bronco trim is more capable that 95%+ of any other vehicle on the road...
And to add to mine, this is pretty much about right. I donā€™t plan on getting too crazy. I go to Tennessee to the mountains every now and then but this thing will never see any hardcore off roading. I average about 23-24 mpg in the city. In the end, I want to have some aesthetics and keep it as practical as possible. It was what was on the lot, and Iā€™m happy. If I want to add anything more, I can always do that down the road. The other thing I like about this rig, everything is completely customizable and changeable.

cb123

Big Bend
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I first liked the OB painted mirrors and fenders but hated the wheels. Dropped down to big bend liked their wheels much better than OB. If I could have ordered OB with BB wheels would have but saved some money anyway.
Sponsored