Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly… opinions like yours @Stevins is a big reason why I feel like Ford should bring the Ford Everest stateside. It’s basically what you (and others) are looking for: a very capable off-road SUV built on the same platform that is used by the Ranger and Bronco. And it has a fixed roof.

Ford Bronco Why not have a solid top? 1706504109500

But anyway… a Bronco with a fixed roof wouldn’t be a Bronco. Every other generation of Bronco had a removable roof (except arguably 5th gen). The market for other 4Runner-like vehicles does exist for sure… but it shouldn’t be the Bronco.

I do think there is a market for a single-piece top and the aftermarket is already working on that. Maybe someday it’ll come to market. Definitely not something Ford needs to do themselves.
Sponsored

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was just thinking yesterday that in my opinion in order to justify 100k Braptor price it would require a v-8 and a one piece painted solid top not just some cheap mic painted top. Just saying as an option available on all Bronco trim levels would be nice and everyone can decide what to order or buy. My 2-door top was leaking crazy in one spot this past week during a rainfall. Would be a disaster to try to get replacement under warranty cause it seems all my local dealer service options would prefer no one would ever walk in for service needed. Seriously, every Ford dealer warranty service person the past 5 yrs I have gone for warranty work is just miserable it seems, like every day is the worst day for them and I’m an extremely patient and civil person.

Maine Explorer

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What's keeping you away from the 4 runner? They're pretty nice too.

I wanted stick and removable top but if I didn't a 4 runner might have caught my attention. But 4 doors and no stick means it might leave some of your boxes unchecked.

You may be in the minority but if enough people want this someone will eventually make one.

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The weekend I took mine home, I took the top off and didnt put it back on till sometime around October. Took it off Friday for the weekend. Will likely take it off again within a few weeks, So Cal has some purty weather :)
People want what they want, and thankfully, so far, we are still allowed to go get it. The Turn Offroad hard top seems to be getting nice feedback, even with that pesky logo that some people dont like :ROFLMAO: . Although they are sold out already, for now.
But I do agree with some that a perm-a-top on the Bronco would kinda defeat the lure of the Bronco. The "Jeep" doesn't even have a perm-a-top, that I know of anyway.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here you go:

Ford Bronco Why not have a solid top? 1706504109500
Love it!!!
Lifted Flex, right? (photoshop)
Before the reveal, when Ford had only released the shadowy/ covered images, somebody overlayed the Flex and Bronco profiles and they lined up damn near identical.

So yeah, we're all driving around in lifted convertible Flex's!!

Trying to find the image, but here's similar to what I mean by the shadow reveal pics.

Ford Bronco Why not have a solid top? 1706506203984

Ford Bronco Why not have a solid top? 1706506297172

Then there is the Edmunds article ...
https://www.edmunds.com/car-news/hot-take-ford-bronco-4-door-looks-like-a-lifted-ford-flex.html

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As mentioned, the 4runner might be the better vehicle if the convertible roof makes OP that unhappy.
But it sounds like it doesn't make him THAT unhappy.

On the other hand ...
Everybody bitching about OP would really prefer a solid top and the peanut gallery suggests that he isn't a true Bronco fanatic unless he blindly accepts what Ford feeds him and gobbles it all the way to the balls.

Keep that thought in mind next time your bitching about the Bronco's short falls ... like the universally hated extra scratch prone plastic Ford choose for the interior, etc etc etc.

OP, welcome to B6G, where we specialize in complaining about people complaining.
Thanks for giving us ammo!

WilVis

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just bought a 2024 4Runner before Toyota killed the V6. Still have my Bronco. The fixed top on the 4Runner is more my style for sure due to the climate I live in and my highway use, but I don’t think the Bronco should ever have a fixed top. Most of the point of a Bronco is being able to remove the top. I love running without the front three panels off even though it’s infrequent.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Ford offer the Everest as the 4Runner is really in a class of its own at the price point.

Canadian5.0

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
In my garage a non removable hardtop off road 4x4 would not take up that valuable space . Heritage edition mod top is the only way to go on a gen 6 bronco , quiet, no leaks , looks awesome , perfect actually , I do feel for the hard top prep kit crowd , have yet to see anything aftermarket that comes even somewhat close . 2 years looking at broncos on the lots and would still be if the only options were the mic top and that soft top

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
The 4runner has only 9.6" ground clearance (and then only with the Pro), 32" tires and you have to step up to the TRD Off-road to even get a rear locker (no front locker options on any trim). And if you get a rear locker, you can only get parttime 4wd. The Pro starts at $56K, any lesser trims have the ground clearance similar to a Rav4. That's a giant step down from the Bronco, in efforts to get a hard-top. I'll take the Mic top over the white mod top any day of the week, but if one can stand the looks of it, the HE is the budget Sas Bronco now, with the removal of the Base.

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
One of the things I like most about my Bronco is the removable top. Just wouldn’t be the same vehicle w/o it (IMO). Do understand where you‘re coming from though, (OP). Have had my tops off for most of the 6 mos. I’ve owned the Bronco. Have it back on now, due to incoming rain, but it’s coming off again as soon as weather clears up. Best mod to date are my Bilstein 6200 coilovers with my Harkin Hoister a close 2nd! Absolutely awesome being able to easily remove/store my top solo whenever I want to.

One change I think might be pretty cool is for Ford to make the two smaller tops (above the driver/passenger heads) a single piece. So you’d have a three piece hardtop & eliminate the front panel center seam issues. I’ve yet to see anyone driving with just one of the front panels off? Only drawback would be on-vehicle top storage which I don’t do anyway…

Sponsored

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I suggest a Ranger. Solid roof. Only difference is groceries go in the non air conditioned bed if you have passengers. I got a Bronco so my goods would be air conditioned.

Last edited:

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow. Thanks for that high quality comment. Try not to hurt too many people with your sharp wit.
What did you want him to say? The removable top is THE distinguishing feature on the vehicle. It is what separates the Bronco (and a Jeep) from the 4-Runner, Land Rover, FJ, Bronco Sport. The choice to get a removable top or not should be one of the first decisions you make when choosing an off road vehicle.

rak2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 - sold
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The quality of the current MIC top is probably the biggest issue holding me back from purchasing a Bronco. I personally have no desire to ever remove or open the top and feel that the risk of annoyances or major issues from leaks, noise, damage, and/or deterioration is to great to be worth the effort.

As a frame of reference:
I previously owned a power retractable hard top Miata for 12 years and rarely used the convertible feature. Would have purchased the same car with a hard top.
Owned two Ford (regular cab) pickups (non-4x4) for 31 years and would like to get back into that type of vehicle (with 4x4).
First Ford pickup was a 1978 F-100 that I kept for 19 years and it had no air conditioning, so I am not exactly afraid of open air...

Have been watching the Bronco since before the release and thought that I'd be in one by now. Have the money saved up already. Waiting and watching to see what some other vendors might do.

Please note for the removable top fans, I don't think hard top fans are asking to take away your removable top - just to have an option to get what they want also.
Sponsored