Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I would normally agree with the do your own work if you have the ability. BUT in the case of our Broncos and what we've already seen and heard about issues and challenges with 1st years of a new ground up model, the different engine issues, cam phasers, dropped valves etc. I'd be less inclined to DIY since it becomes an easy out for the dealership to blame you for the issue that would otherwise be covered under warranty. I know that sounds like a lame take on it, and I have no doubts about my own capabilities - but in the end - if you are under warranty - don't give them a reason to claim it's not covered for some BS reason.
Sponsored

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is what I do at every oil change.....or sooner....I inspect everything underneath and look for leaks, issues, rust, dirt accumulated in crevice's, grease from torn booths, etc. In the case of the Bronco I also re-coat the driveshafts and other steel parts that are not coated with Fluid Film. If there are any leaks you can catch them early.
If you are looking for rust on the Bronco undercarriage you must be spending A LOT of time down there.

OP
OP
cyberfalco

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you notice any changes in clutch or shifting?

I don't see an oil leak in mine but the clutch and shifting seem a little different than last fall.
I did. I noticed about 6 months into ownership, the clutch would occasionally slip if I were to give it a lot of throttle while in fourth or fifth. I just assumed it was a clutch disk that just couldn’t handle 300HP and so I downshifted more when accelerating.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cyberfalco

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some dealerships are great. Mine not so much. The next time I am probably going to drive to the next town over.

Sponsored

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's how I found the front pinion seal was leaking on both our Broncos before it became an issue. Hadn't gotten bad enough to drip on the driveway yet.

Blue Hen

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
You have options. Like one said at his dealership he can't upsell warranty work. DIY is not for everybody. You can find a local shop that you can trust. Have them do the basic service. They will look over vehicle and tell you if they find anything out of ordinary. Take back to dealership if still under warranty. Once vehicle out of warranty you have built a relationship with that local shop. They can take over your maintenance schedule.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you are looking for rust on the Bronco undercarriage you must be spending A LOT of time down there.
Actually I don't. I do an oil change about every 6-7 months and inspect at that time. I live in FL so there is no rust that will happen on painted surfaces. I coat the unpainted surfaces with Fluid Film. I should really prime and paint them although I have not taken the time as I do spend way too much time under my Chevy Squarebody I am restoring. I am under that and in the engine bay a lot more than I drive it , LOL.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I always have dealers do maintenance, oil changes within warranty period so there is proof the maintenance was done In case I have some catastrophic failure. Otherwise you may get stuck having to show receipts and trying to prove you did an oil change.

I do inspect myself between oils changes.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wait!? Brake fluid contaminating the clutch master? Usually the clutch and the brake system are in the same system. Does the Bronco uses a different fluid for the clutch?

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reminds me of my old Land Rovers except in reverse...if there wasn't an oil spot in various locations it meant that it was time to check the fluids.
LOL!! Loved your reply!!! I have a 1950 Willys CJ3A. If anything is NOT leaking slightly you have a problem!

MistaGavin

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 F-150 & '68 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wait!? Brake fluid contaminating the clutch master? Usually the clutch and the brake system are in the same system. Does the Bronco uses a different fluid for the clutch?
No, they share the same fluid. I didn’t understand the diagnosis myself…

OP
OP
cyberfalco

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, they share the same fluid. I didn’t understand the diagnosis myself…
Yeah, not sure how it has not contaminated the brake system as well but the brake fluid reservoir looks clean
Sponsored