Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I actually had a very similar thought, but perhaps replacing the right headlight with the 6G, so it's a bit more integrated. May play around with it.
Or you could just put the 6G inside the right (left) headlight
Sponsored

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can I ask, how do you make your own sticker? Who makes the actual sticker?

HankG13

Outer Banks
First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Subaru WRX, 1990 Mustang LX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Idk about anyone else, but im a huge fan of circular stickers. I had my rear quarter windows on my 2 door JK filled up with them and they organize really well. Plus they are easier to stick on other stuff like coolers and water bottles and such IMHO. Just a thought!

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Relative to certain other forums out there that are much more controlled and locked down - and run by marketing firms...
LMAO.....INTERNET WIN OF THE DAY!!!

OP
OP
Natai

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can I ask, how do you make your own sticker? Who makes the actual sticker?
I haven't actually made any for my vehicle yet, but there are some options, depending on the design you're using.

First, there are plenty of places online you can get custom stickers or vinyl decals made.
Second, you can buy printable sticker paper that will work with inkjet or laser printers. This would be mainly for full color designs. Protecting it to hold up to the elements could get interesting. Perhaps spray it with clear acrylic before applying, or put a layer of clear vinyl over top of it.
Third, if it's a simple single color decal, you can get outdoor adhesive vinyl and cut it using something like a Cricut.

When I get to that point, I imagine some trial and error will be involved.
Anyone else have experience making these?

Sponsored

NPBronco91

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't generally put stickers or decals on my vehicles, but I'm planning to do things a little differently for the Bronco. I may end up putting one or two removable decals on the tailgate, but probably going to keep primarily with stickers on the rear side windows. The idea being to add stickers for different places I take my Bronco - whether I find and buy them or make designs on my own.

Anyway, my first sticker will be the Bronco6G pizza sticker I was fortunate enough to get from the last giveaway. However, I've only got one of those, and I'd like to show some love for this site on both sides of the vehicles - so I got to thinking about what other interesting design I might come up with...

Put this together this morning:
Bronoco6G_BuiltWild_v2.png

I like the Built Wild line Ford is using to promote the Bronco, and it seems doubly appropriate for the open and organic nature of this online community. (Note that I had to approximate the Bronco6G site logo as I couldn't find a high-res version, so there are some minor differences.)

Might toy around with a few other options, but for now this will probably appear opposite my pizza sticker sometime next year.

Edit: And here are some alternate versions based on a couple of requests:
Bronoco6G_BuiltWild_v2darknoback.png

Bronoco6G_BuiltWild_v2white.png

Bronoco6G_BuiltWild_v2whitebacked.png

Looks like this has been resolved in the page before, but in case you go forward I would be careful using these fonts. Could be considered copy infringement using the same font and nearly the same phrase as Yeti. I love the idea!

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't actually made any for my vehicle yet, but there are some options, depending on the design you're using.

First, there are plenty of places online you can get custom stickers or vinyl decals made.
Second, you can buy printable sticker paper that will work with inkjet or laser printers. This would be mainly for full color designs. Protecting it to hold up to the elements could get interesting. Perhaps spray it with clear acrylic before applying, or put a layer of clear vinyl over top of it.
Third, if it's a simple single color decal, you can get outdoor adhesive vinyl and cut it using something like a Cricut.

When I get to that point, I imagine some trial and error will be involved.
Anyone else have experience making these?
Yes.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought about that. Seeing plenty of fan-made merchandise being sold using Bronco imagery, and there's no specific trademarked styling of Built Wild, so I'm not anticipating any issues. Easy enough to pull down if somebody in Ford's legal department wants to have a fit, but that's not exactly going to be good for the brand they are trying to build.
Edit: There is a trademarked styling of Built Wild, and this looks nothing like it.
The fan-made stuff often appears on Red Bubble, which is a Wild West kind of operation that does not carefully check trademarks or copyrights, whether they be phrases like this or images like the Ford logo, the "BRONCO" grille lettering, the Bronco horse logo, etc. I made some stickers for the Sport forum and put them up on RedBubble and Zazzle. Neither does stickers particularly well, and they don't do vinyl window decals like you're discussing at all. RedBubble did nothing and Zazzle took my designs down within a week, even though they used no logos or phrases, because there was the hint that Ford has a dog in the fight. Just saying, you need to be careful if you plan to sell them online, even if you have no expectation of profit like me. I just made them for the Sport guys so they could sticker up.

I have used carstickers.com many times for both stickers and vinyl decals, and they do great work. I have not used Sticker Mule, but their prices are much higher for roughly the same products and options. Neither allows you to upload a design and then share it so that anyone you give a link to can buy the same product. You would have to share the PNG, SVG, AI or EPS file here or via email and then everyone who wants a copy(s) would have to upload it to their sticker/decal company of choice and then cross their fingers that their censors don't C&D your order. I have had that happen because the company thought I was using a trademarked phrase (even though I wasn't). If you can't prove you own something, they won't budge because it's just not worth the risk to them.

You can make decals on a Cricut or Cameo, but my honest opinion is they are kind of a pain in the ass. You have to apply the transfer paper after cutting, which doesn't always work smoothly and can lead to application woes. But it can be done and I would expect to undergo lots of trial and error first. And maybe some mockery when people find out you used your spouse's crafting machine to make car decals. If all you want is a few copies, though, it may be worth it to fly under the C&D radar. But I personally wouldn't buy one of those $200-300 machines just to make a few decals. I just steal my wife's for a day occasionally to make stuff like this that I can't find anywhere else as a big decal:

Ford Bronco Wild Bronco6G 1600459091728

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This was used in the panel of stickers during the reveal. It's also on the 2-door shown at SuperCel last week:

Ford Bronco Wild Bronco6G IMG_2974

Doesn't seem trademarked/copyrighted and the word "Bronco" isn't protected because it's a generic word. Might be a candidate for use with a non-trademarked phrase. Here's a PNG anyone can download by clicking on it and use to their heart's content:

Ford Bronco Wild Bronco6G bronco

Sponsored
OP
OP
Natai

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The fan-made stuff often appears on Red Bubble, which is a Wild West kind of operation that does not carefully check trademarks or copyrights, whether they be phrases like this or images like the Ford logo, the "BRONCO" grille lettering, the Bronco horse logo, etc. I made some stickers for the Sport forum and put them up on RedBubble and Zazzle. Neither does stickers particularly well, and they don't do vinyl window decals like you're discussing at all. RedBubble did nothing and Zazzle took my designs down within a week, even though they used no logos or phrases, because there was the hint that Ford has a dog in the fight. Just saying, you need to be careful if you plan to sell them online, even if you have no expectation of profit like me. I just made them for the Sport guys so they could sticker up.

I have used carstickers.com many times for both stickers and vinyl decals, and they do great work. I have not used Sticker Mule, but their prices are much higher for roughly the same products and options. Neither allows you to upload a design and then share it so that anyone you give a link to can buy the same product. You would have to share the PNG, SVG, AI or EPS file here or via email and then everyone who wants a copy(s) would have to upload it to their sticker/decal company of choice and then cross their fingers that their censors don't C&D your order. I have had that happen because the company thought I was using a trademarked phrase (even though I wasn't). If you can't prove you own something, they won't budge because it's just not worth the risk to them.

You can make decals on a Cricut or Cameo, but my honest opinion is they are kind of a pain in the ass. You have to apply the transfer paper after cutting, which doesn't always work smoothly and can lead to application woes. But it can be done and I would expect to undergo lots of trial and error first. And maybe some mockery when people find out you used your spouse's crafting machine to make car decals. If all you want is a few copies, though, it may be worth it to fly under the C&D radar. But I personally wouldn't buy one of those $200-300 machines just to make a few decals. I just steal my wife's for a day occasionally to make stuff like this that I can't find anywhere else as a big decal:

Ford Bronco Wild Bronco6G bronco
I have a Cricut Maker already, but I'll probably want more full color stickers, so it's probably more pain than it's worth.
I was looking at Makestickets.com as they appear to have several options specifically for cars.
Absolutely no plans to sell anything. If I make a design I like for my own use, I'll just post it for others to use if they want.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a Cricut Maker already, but I'll probably want more full color stickers, so it's probably more pain than it's worth.
I was looking at Makestickets.com as they appear to have several options specifically for cars.
Absolutely no plans to sell anything. If I make a design I like for my own use, I'll just post it for others to use if they want.
I have been thinking of doing the same. I wonder if the Admin might allow a thread just for that. The only thing I think that might be fraught with peril is too many postings violating Ford's copyrights and trademarks. But otherwise I would be willing to ask him if we might do that, if others are interested, too. And I can write up some basic instructions for downloading/uploading/sizing/use/etc.

OP
OP
Natai

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been thinking of doing the same. I wonder if the Admin might allow a thread just for that. The only thing I think that might be fraught with peril is too many postings violating Ford's copyrights and trademarks. But otherwise I would be willing to ask him if we might do that, if others are interested, too. And I can write up some basic instructions for downloading/uploading/sizing/use/etc.
I was also thinking of starting a thread along those line. Basically, a "post your art" or "make art suggestions here" kind of thread. No purchasable stuff (or links to such things), just share what you've made.
If it's possible to post linked images (as opposed to uploading), we could also create some sort of shared folder outside of the site for people to upload to, and then we link to those images. Insulates the site since nothing is hosted on it directly, in the unlikely event a problem materializes.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was also thinking of starting a thread along those line. Basically, a "post your art" or "make art suggestions here" kind of thread. No purchasable stuff (or links to such things), just share what you've made.
If it's possible to post linked images (as opposed to uploading), we could also create some sort of shared folder outside of the site for people to upload to, and then we link to those images. Insulates the site since nothing is hosted on it directly, in the unlikely event a problem materializes.
That's a great idea. Not sure if we can link out to shared folders or not.

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I like this forum and all but I don't think I'd put a forum sticker on my truck even if Doug paid me. :ROFLMAO:
You will not get the Pizza Bronco 6G Sticker? Because Doug Decides (Lottery) who gets it.
Sponsored