Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It’s the same way from black diamond to badlands and from badlands to first edition and from big bend to outer banks and really from base to big bend as well. What you really mostly pay for is the ability to add more options(and cost) with mainly minor differences otherwise. Especially if you’re adding squatch to both trims. If you don’t get those extra options then no it basically doesn’t make sense. But without the limit on options to certain trims, ford would basically only have like 2 maybe 3 trims. And there’s extra options people specifically want and will pay for, so they’ll get the trim where they can add that option. If they can deal without that option, they’ll get the lower trim where it’s not available.

Wildtrak does have an extra goat mode over big bend, so there’s that I guess.
Exactly, and this is what the finance people at Ford are banking on. They have that one f-ing thing that you can't get without bumping up to a higher trim, and they give you a few things you don't care about to justify the price bump, along with the ability to buy more options - including that one thing they know you want, and won't give you on your otherwise perfect trim.

The stupid tube step, which you can't get on the Base, for example.

I won't give in to their wily tactics though. They can take their $5K bump from Base to Big Bend and stick it up their...ledger.
Sponsored

Seventyfouronthefloor

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, LUBR, Chrome Yellow, 2016 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I feel like they should have optioned the Wildtrack with its own 3-tint color (tangerine, brown or green) not available to the Bandlands and and lower trims and an upgraded fuel tank for extra long journeys into the bush. Maybe have an optional long travel giantsquatch kit with high clearance fenders too. I would sell my 3.5” long travel Tacoma to buy that. Instead, we’re getting a Black Diamond as a family car for occasional light offroading and keeping the trail/dune truck.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wildtrak does have some things over the built up Big Bend. Wildtrak in this case is a blackout/appearance package (different style gloss black grill, gloss black mirror caps, black Bronco emblem) with all black Sasquatch wheels and comes with body-colored door handles. People do care about the appearance quite a bit and blackout trims do command some sort of premium from the factory. It gives access higher options (High/Lux), leather seats and Cyber Orange color. It may have some hidden features that aren’t very clear right now the higher trims get like high level instrument panel. It may have higher resale value due to the higher trim versus built up lower trim. I do think it lost a lot of its value without the black painted modular top which really completed the look.

I think in the specific case that you outlined, yes the extra cost isn’t worth the premium (at least to me). I think for someone who wants the look or additional options the difference could be worth it.
You just got me excited for wildtrak all over again ?

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That particular GOAT mode though, according to the matrix anyway, seems to be essentially another "Sport" mode.
Itd probably be in my top 3 used GOAT modes though between eco (highway driving), wet (slippery northeast American winter conditions), and baja (offroad mode of choice. I'll literally look for excuses to use it)

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Exactly, and this is what the finance people at Ford are banking on. They have that one f-ing thing that you can't get without bumping up to a higher trim, and they give you a few things you don't care about to justify the price bump, along with the ability to buy more options - including that one thing they know you want, and won't give you on your otherwise perfect trim.

The stupid tube step, which you can't get on the Base, for example.
Big Bend with 7-speed. Want Mid package? Nope. You have to go Badlands.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m confused. I’m gonna go sit on the toilet and ponder.
Yes, you might need to go and "work things out" for a while. :alien: :LOL: :devilish:

Bushwhacker

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The black hard top (granted, late availability) standard. What say you on your wildtrak wannabe?

Sponsored

Bushwhacker

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I dont understand buying something "like" something else only cheaper. If I wanted something else I'd buy that. There is also a reason something is cheaper, you get what you pay for, buy once cry once, etc., etc, etc. Also it'll separate the poors. LMAO, I'm kidding

awall987

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 LJ, '23 2dr BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

From the Granger and Stephens threads doesn't look like Wildtrack is too popular, could be combination of bang for your buck and the interior colors.

I'm going basesquatch, every time I build out other trims I end up way higher in cost with not enough to make it worth it (to me).

Ford Bronco Wildtrak makes no sense at all. 1606491166739

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just tried to build a Big Ben spec'ed out like my Wildtrak. No luxury package option, No Leather interior option, No Thank you. Comparing a Wildtrak to a Big Ben makes No sense at all. ?
Exactly.....

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From the Granger and Stephens threads doesn't look like Wildtrack is too popular, could be combination of bang for your buck and the interior colors.

I'm going basesquatch, every time I build out other trims I end up way higher in cost with not enough to make it worth it (to me).

Not sure just over 100 people who popped in on a random internet forum where two dealers heavily pushed incentives is a fair representation of 100k+ actual orders. It will be interesting to see what actual build orders occur. I do expect the Badlands to lead the way with Black Diamond being a cheaper alternative and the others (aside from base) all in the mix.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

1606491166739.png
Interesting
Another factor. The black top which looks best with wildtraks aesthetics, is late availability. People understandably don't want to wait longer. So badlands takes that overflow.

Things will teeter back to the wildtrak side of things in MY22 and MY23. Many of these badlands people will never even touch the sway bar disconnect a day in their lives
Sponsored