Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When I asked about sport mode missing from the FE, I was told at the Off-Roadeo that Baja and Sport are the same except for the 2WD vs. 4WD setting. Was told to just put in Baja and switch to 2 wheel drive and set traction control to my preference.
Not even close.
Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a WT on order status for 2023 (hate the interior sandstone and trim color of 21 & 22s) but Wildtrak competes with the Jeep Sahara for desert 'racing' while the Badlands competes with the Jeep Rubicon for rock crawling... hence the FSBD.
And yes, cannot believe the most expensive trim level and the crappiest choice for interior... STILL in 2022's...
There is no desert racing trim for either the Bronco or the JL, at least until the Raptor comes out. Outer Banks is the Sahara competitor. It's the street trim. Wildtrak is an Outer Banks with the 2.7 and Sasquatch. The Wildtrak is marketed as the desert runner, but it's not any better as one than any other trim with Sasquatch.

The Wildtrak interior looks great in person.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I asked about sport mode missing from the FE, I was told at the Off-Roadeo that Baja and Sport are the same except for the 2WD vs. 4WD setting. Was told to just put in Baja and switch to 2 wheel drive and set traction control to my preference.
People keep saying this, but the two modes are a lot different.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was forced into a BL to get the trim levels I wanted with the 7MT. I originally thought a BD would do the trick but later decided I needed the High Package trim. I plan on using every feature the BL provides in my future adventures so it will be a good choice in the end.

The Wildtrack was ruled out early because of no 7MT.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

To the OP...the only Trim that has a Sway bar disconnect (That can still be purchased) is a Badlands.

As others have said, sports mode and Baja mode are two totally separate things. There's a lot more going on besides shift points. Baja mode should never be used on the street due to the way in effects steering, breaking, and even initial torque.

As for trims, you guys crack me up. There are only two trims in the Bronco.. one with washout interior and one without. Everything else beyond that is just options they can be had on most other trims. (Honestly they could have been had on every trim except Ford messed it all up)

The WT is just as valid as a trim as any other one, and actually comes with a better price for those who want what all the big features: Hard Top with roof rack, 2.7, Sasquatch, Aux Switches, 4A, and Mid Package.

As for the sway bar disconnect, all you Badland folks are going to argue it's huge. Well it's not. I drove Moab off Rodeo in a WT and did just fine, did everything a Badlands did, and actually better because I didn't rub. The Badlands lifted their tires in the same spots that the WT did.

Honestly, if you are going to be into serious rock crawling where you would need the disconnect, even a stock Badlands is not going to cut it. You can't compare any of these stock Broncos to a built up rock crawler.

Sponsored

bluesun68

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor, velar, f-type
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Have I missed a review of sport mode? Has no one driven a wildtrack for a while yet?

Bronco1971

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There is no desert racing trim for either the Bronco or the JL, at least until the Raptor comes out. Outer Banks is the Sahara competitor. It's the street trim. Wildtrak is an Outer Banks with the 2.7 and Sasquatch. The Wildtrak is marketed as the desert runner, but it's not any better as one than any other trim with Sasquatch.

The Wildtrak interior looks great in person.
Agree on the last point, in fact, IMO 2DR Wildtrak is overall the best looking Bronco. The stance, proportions and presence are excellent. Side by side the subtle differences between the BL and WT are noticeable.

We chose WT b/c we wanted the 2.7, sas, and cloth seats. WT came out close enough in price to the other optioned up models that it was a no brainer.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Both are great. I was originally on team BL. It switched to WT as I preferred the look overall and the interior. I didn’t want all dark, and yes the WT leather interior in person is amazing. I also went to the off roadeo and drove a BL in the am and a OBX in the pm (didn’t have a WT left for me to choose). The OBX did everything the BLs did and we did some serious trails. I’m happy with WT but having said that, I am getting some quick disconnects once there out. Blow is the first look of some being tested now:

Ford Bronco Wildtrak question F4469004-CC40-46D6-AC25-06BB0CB9D415
Ford Bronco Wildtrak question 2920CA4E-E1DA-4DA8-A568-CF5864A7F113

Caseoftexas

Outer Banks
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a WT on order status for 2023 (hate the interior sandstone and trim color of 21 & 22s) but Wildtrak competes with the Jeep Sahara for desert 'racing' while the Badlands competes with the Jeep Rubicon for rock crawling... hence the FSBD.
And yes, cannot believe the most expensive trim level and the crappiest choice for interior... STILL in 2022's...
Completely agree, that’s why I went with OBX and navy pier leather. With 2.7, MIC and SAS, it’s basically a wildtrak. Planning to replace the silver beauty rings with black rings and possibly paint the mirrors gloss back.

Sponsored

Bronco1971

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm curious what the other side of that lower QD looks like. If that connector replaces the nut on that bolt I would question it's durability.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have always thought this, but resisted saying it. I know I will get A LOT of crap for saying this, but...

The Wildtrak, functionally, is a pointless trim. It lacks the sway bar disco, badlands has Baja mode too, sport mode is pointless in an off road vehicle (in my opinion), and Wildtrak has the same suspension as badlands. And, if the Wildtrak a desert runner why did Ford run the stock badlands in the Baja 1000? Which has a podium finish.

I think aesthetically the Wildtrak looks the best. And I actually like the sandstone interior. But, I think Ford should ditch the Wildtrak trim, and just offer cloth on badlands in addition to the MGV and leather. It would streamline production.

Okay, let me have it. Tell me I am an idiot. And, for the record, I am not hating on anyone that ordered one. Like I said, I think Wildtrak looks the best.
Okay, you’re an idiot.

I switched from WT to BL, and when I reordered a 2022 I went back to WT. I just like the way it looks out of the factory…..especially with race red paint against the black bits. I love the gloss painted black grill, and the matching black wheels. I hate the gray BL grill and I don’t like the gray beauty ring on the Sasquatch pkg either. I think the rubber floors are always going to look dirty and will need soap and scrubbing in order to not look like trash. Finally, I just couldn’t see myself dragging a $60k rig across rocks when I plan on keeping the rig forever and leaving it for my son.

When Ford calls WT a desert runner, it’s because it’s the only trim that comes with, 2.7L auto, and Sasquatch (desert runnerish) standard. You don’t have to add an additional $6k or so to your build in order to get to where the WT is. Plus I love sport mode, and keep telling yourself Baja and Sport are the same by switching to 4H….it’s not. It’s what people say to justify their decisions.

I would surmise that 90% of BL owners never or very rarely intentionally get into a situation that requires Rock Crawl mode or SBD…..so, isn’t that by definition a waste of a trim for those individuals?

Lastly, the BL isn’t in competition with other Broncos. Other Broncos exist for budgetary reasons, intended use, and individual preference. The BL was supposedly designed to compete with the Rubicon. However it will never be able to match the articulation of the Rubicon without mods with the BL’s IFS. What a wasted opportunity by not putting a SFA in the BL, so that it can compete with its completion. It will always be sucking hind tit on the trail, at its intended purpose, against its main competition. At least the WT is far superior to the Jeep when considering it’s intended purpose ….desert/dirt road running, ride comfort on roads/highways, and it’s not bad in the rocks if you happen to find some unexpectedly.

Of course I’m just playing devils advocate for the most part, and will miss the BL capability, even though it would mostly go unused, and I’ll definitely miss the MGV. But they’re both great rigs and have great capabilities for their purposes…..just tired of BL elitists shitting on the WT. Didn’t like it when I had a BL on order, and for like it now.

Enjoy your BL and save the bashing for the rocks.

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think we're all forgetting the most important piece of the badlands decision...the satisfaction of having all the hero switches and no empty spaces!

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think we're all forgetting the most important piece of the badlands decision...the satisfaction of having all the hero switches and no empty spaces!
Good point. Think I’ll get some fake buttons to fill the hole/holes.
Sponsored