Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think the original JK Unlimited had a 2WD version. Not many people bought those and it was quickly abandoned.
2WD Unlimited Wranglers were made in 2007-2010, but only in the Sahara and X trims.
Sponsored

Schnabby

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJL4dr,Raptor6.2,JeepJK2dr,M4Conv,65Must,74CJ5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford better not devalue the Bronco brand by making a 2WD version. Do they make a 2WD drive Raptor? I always thought it was odd for the Ford 150 badging to promote "FX2". Wow.

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you don't want 4WD, why are you buying a Bronco? Hear there's some good deals still on Camrys

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not to mention the fact that there has never been a Bronco with 2wd (the Bronco II is an abomination and doesn't count).
I know! A total travesty for the Bronco name. Imagine the gall of Ford to take a Ranger frame and put an SUV on it, with choice of 2.3 four cylinder or a 2.8 V6, manual or automatic transmissions available and call it the Bronco II... Good thing they didn't do the exact same thing twenty five years later and call it a 'real' Bronco. Think of the outrage!

Sponsored

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think Arizona is perfect for 4x4 when you hit the trails. Get out and get her stuck lol

BullyHayes

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Legitimate question, IMO. Many, many, MANY rugged, off-road, 4x4s spend 99.9% of their lives driving on nothing more challenging than the owners front yard. That said, I can't see Ford selling a 4x2 Bronco... Until the Bronco Lightning perhaps. To keep costs down and range up Ford can go with one motor driving two wheels and less weight in the entry-level BL
I've not ordered a Bronco yet, but I know mine won't get challenged off-road. I'll be buying for looks (plus height) and capacity in a vehicle that the top peels off. Honestly, if they made a soft-top Bronco Sport (or Bronco II 2 😜) that would be a serious consideration.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2wd for an off road rig??? lol. 2wd would allow for more suspension travel.

2wd in action.
thats also a full blown race track with super long travel. and it's a pick up truck. maybe OP is looking at a 2wd maverick or ranger?

Broncos 4 evah

Black Diamond
First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If a 2wd bronco could be flat towed, I would entertain the possibility.

Sponsored

70Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Bronco; 11 Jetta TDI; 03 Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know! A total travesty for the Bronco name. Imagine the gall of Ford to take a Ranger frame and put an SUV on it, with choice of 2.3 four cylinder or a 2.8 V6, manual or automatic transmissions available and call it the Bronco II... Good thing they didn't do the exact same thing twenty five years later and call it a 'real' Bronco. Think of the outrage!
Eh, not really the same thing given the current Bronco really is closer to gen 1 then any other generation.

Goes back to what makes a Bronco a Bronco. No removable top = not a Bronco. So I stand by my abomination comment...

They did do it again though, but they named it Bronco Sport, abomination...

For the record, my first car was a Mustang II (which was also a neutered abomination of what a Mustang was), I still kinda loved it.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I know you're probably stirring the pot here, but I just gave this some thought.

You know if Ford made a 2WD Bronco they'd absolutely be pumping those things out. People in this forum would be birthing cows waiting YEARS for their day 1 reservations while watching 2WD variants get VINs in 3 weeks :ROFLMAO:

Jason hamilton

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
touche
Sponsored