jd-ford-hd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜16 Explorer, ā€˜13 F150, ā€˜99 F350, '74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Watching the video shows exactly how "TO" open the door (1st opening) and how "NOT TO" open the the door (Next 2 openings). Intentionally trying to beat the window motor can be accomplished.
Sponsored

Pbloom49

Outer Banks
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You canā€™t just open the door. You need to pop it open give it a second and the window will come down.
Absolutely Not and with the 4 door it is almost in possible to do that with the rear doors

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Had the EXACT SAME ISSUE with my 4Dr Base Squatch on the rear dirver's side door.

This was hugely annoying because my 5 y.o.'s car seat was behind this door. ONLY WAY TO AVOID is to hold the door closed with one hand while opening the handle with the other. Once the window goes down then open.

Ford needs to re-engineer this!

BUCKIN-ALEX

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I honestly don't know why they engineered it that way. A simple fix so the window would not get caught up like that is lower the windows slightly already if you are near the car with your keyfob or as long as the car is unlocked have the doors lowered already to avoid that.

Grant3168

Black Diamond
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 G37, 2006 G35
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Reset the window limits.

Lower window, hold window switch five seconds. Raise window, hold window switch five seconds. Repeat two times. Roll window back up. Exit vehicle normally.
That's exactly what I have done to reset the windows in my G35 coupe. Had to do it when I had to replace the window motors. I think this could also happen if the car's ECU memory has been reset or if its been unplugged from the battery for an extended period of time. Maybe during the factory construction it needed to be reset and never was?

Sponsored

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have this issue on 2 Door Bronco. Feels like windows is going to break when opening the door. any one with same issue?

Not rocket science .... it takes the same about of time for the window to come down as it does to go up..... about a 1/2 second.... just slow down.... :)

72BroncoSand

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 77 f-150, Jetta Tdi, 1ton
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I did the reset as suggested multiple times, no bueno. In fact made it even worse. Ill see if dealer can get it fixed. And for those who said just open it slower, lol. To be successful you would have to hold the door in with one hand while using the handle with the other. Needless to say, a huge pain in the ash...

SurfsUp85

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door Outer Banks, Kia soul 4u
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Reset the window limits.

Lower window, hold window switch five seconds. Raise window, hold window switch five seconds. Repeat two times. Roll window back up. Exit vehicle normally.
Cheers!

Worked like a charm šŸ¤™

OP
OP
xcxv

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Update: Took it to the dealer today. They took the door panels off and reinstalled the window. Now window doesnā€™t get caught when opening the door like any other cars.

*Reset procedure doesnā€™t work. Must have them physically reinstall the window. Seal is not the problem either.

Sponsored

SVTLightning

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update: Took it to the dealer today. They took the door panels off and reinstalled the window. Now window doesnā€™t get caught when opening the door like any other cars.

*Reset procedure doesnā€™t work. Must have them physically reinstall the window. Seal is not the problem either.
So what does re-installing the window actually change? Seems odd.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

in my case, driver's side is 'normal' like other cars with frameless doors. passenger's side is getting caught and wobbles even if i wait 1/2 second to open after pulling handle.
[/QUOTE

just Checked ..mine are good

gtx_bronc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did the reset as suggested multiple times, no bueno. In fact made it even worse. Ill see if dealer can get it fixed. And for those who said just open it slower, lol. To be successful you would have to hold the door in with one hand while using the handle with the other. Needless to say, a huge pain in the ash...
Same, the negative nancy's saying open it slower are either the worlds most tolerant consumers or more likely don't have one yet. My 2018 mustang has frameless windows and it does not have this problem. I'm chalking this up to the growing list of first year oddities.....still love it and still worth it :)

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Glad I remembered seeing this thread. I enabled Global Close on my 4 Door FE yesterday, but the passenger front wasn't rolling up. The window limit reset fixed it. Passenger rear door was okay though.

CliffCo

Big Bend
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Iconic Silver, Big Bend Sasquatch (MIC top)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Reset the window limits.

Had the battery changed (Dirt Mtn wore it out), and now the front windows arenā€™t indexing. I tried the reset method and didnā€™t work. Is this with the Bronco started up or just on? Door closed or open? Dealer thinks itā€™s a bad switchā€¦

thanks!
Sponsored