First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Surprised they would allow a pass on the calibration. The way the world is today, would open them up to liability in the even of a crash.
Signed a waiver.
Sponsored

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Resurrecting an old thread, but today, I am replacing the windshield in my 2021 Bronco, total cost using aftermarket glass $381. Stopped in yesterday and they had the glass today.

If you are in San Angelo, TX or nearby, I highly recommend Glass Doctor. They let me opt out of the calibration (I have FDRS and FORSCAN), plus I have a recall on the camera system in October anyway.

I was so worried that I was going to get stuck for $1k or there abouts. They offered factory glass for about $650 without the calibration.
Can you explain the procedure? Since you have FDRS, why ForScan? Or can you use ForScan instead of FDRS?

Thanks @mpeugeot

eastbaybronco

Badlands
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco 4-Door CG Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Welp. Took a rock to the windshield on the freeway during last weeks rain 🤬. Noticed the other day when I seen a crack developing. Started small but seems to be running and getting longer by the day. Was hoping I could just leave it as is for a bit but looks like I will need a replacement real soon. Lets see how this goes 😟

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I called my insurance comapny and had my dectubile dropped to Zero on comprehensive due to the windshield. I think it was $100.00 buck a year difference.
I did the same, it was $27 extra every 6 months. Totally worth it as I have already replaced mine once in the 20 months I have had my BL, and I totally expect it at least once every 2 years.

kellyweiss

Heritage
First Name
Mr. Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I have that coverage too, but it is a $200 deductible here in MT due to the high amount of broken windshields on a yearly basis. They use coarse sand for traction agent and not salt.
Yep, $200 deductible: Just had mine replaced today. While there, some discussion about that PPF for windshields but NOT RECOMMENDED as wiper motion will scratch the plastic coated windshield and, "That's a fact.".

Tombstone - Wyatt Earp 'That's a fact'.gif
Sponsored