First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I don't know why so many people are having trouble with Android Auto.

My Note 20 Ultra connects just fine and I don't have a single issue with it. Use Waze while driving and always play music from the phone. 0 issues.
Same phone, same use case, constant problems. It will randomly disconnect and reconnect, sometimes several times in a row. Other times it will randomly disconnect and the phone will throw a "software incompatibility" error, and it WILL not under any circumstance allow me to reconnect until I restart the whole vehicle.
Sponsored

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Same phone, same use case, constant problems. It will randomly disconnect and reconnect, sometimes several times in a row. Other times it will randomly disconnect and the phone will throw a "software incompatibility" error, and it WILL not under any circumstance allow me to reconnect until I restart the whole vehicle.
Is WiFi on? I noticed a couple times if I turned WiFi off it would disconnect me.

Also, clear the cache on Android Auto app. Maybe something corrupt. Maybe clear data as well.

Like I said, 0 issues over here. And I place my phone where the wireless charger would be.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Android Auto is super laggy and disconnects at will when used wireless. I end up up plugging my phone into the USB-c jack most of the time.
They (android) know it sucks and are working on a new version. S21 plus here.
Never had disconnected issues. S20 Ultra and on Android 11 and now Android 12 (OneUI4)

Murraydog11

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Outer Banks, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My Galaxy Note 8 works perfectly. Works in tandem with Ford Pass as well.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have an S10 and it randomly disconnects and then while driving when I cannot do anything it wants me to stop and verify something on the phone. Same phone originally paired at dealer at delivery and it works fine in our X4, in fact both it and wife's apple can connect at same time in her car.

Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know why so many people are having trouble with Android Auto.

My Note 20 Ultra connects just fine and I don't have a single issue with it. Use Waze while driving and always play music from the phone. 0 issues.
I have a S22 Ultra and Waze app installed on it. How do I use Waze in Android Auto on the Bronco?

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a S22 Ultra and Waze app installed on it. How do I use Waze in Android Auto on the Bronco?
Do you see it in the list of apps when your phone connects to Android Auto? That's where mine is.

Amazon Music wasn't listed and I forgot how I got that added, but I can try to look tomorrow.

Both Waze and Maps were there from the start though.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you see it in the list of apps when your phone connects to Android Auto? That's where mine is.

Amazon Music wasn't listed and I forgot how I got that added, but I can try to look tomorrow.

Both Waze and Maps were there from the start though.
I will look tonight on my way home from work
Sponsored