Sponsored

Wireless charging multiple phones at the same time?

theguda

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I searched the forums but couldn't find an answer. Can you charge multiple phones at the same time on the wireless charging pad? Or can you only do one at a time?
Sponsored

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I searched the forums but couldn't find an answer. Can you charge multiple phones at the same time on the wireless charging pad? Or can you only do one at a time?
No you can't, most charging pads will only fit 1 phone at a time as well they can only charge one at time something to do with the limitation of the technology

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

one at a time.
This is both a voltage thing and a space thing

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think the space constraint is going to annoy some people. The spot in the center console looks just big enough to hold standard sized phones. No Samsung Notes or other supersized devices.

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the space constraint is going to annoy some people. The spot in the center console looks just big enough to hold standard sized phones. No Samsung Notes or other supersized devices.
Good. Use the AC plug in the back for charging bigger things in my opinion.

Sponsored

Deleted member 3063

Induction charging has been around for a 100 yrs of so.
You can buy chargers that handle 3 phones at home.
Aside from physical size it all depends on the field strength, which we do not know at this point. The stronger the induction field the more phones it will charge. Apple finally got on board with android etc to adopt a standard for this function so everyone should be good.

At one extreme Tesla sells a charger you park your car over to charge the car battery, no plug in needed.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You can always buy an aftermarket wireless charger and plug it into one of the other outlets.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You can always buy an aftermarket wireless charger and plug it into one of the other outlets.
Oh, I don't care. I don't use those larger phones (not getting the Lux package anyway). People that do are apt to be annoyed. I don't think it's as easy as just getting another Qi pad. You need a place to put it where the phone isn't going to slide around.

Sponsored

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Things can barely charge one phone. Having a case makes them pretty much useless.

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

They should just make all the cup holders wireless chargers, that’s where people put their phones anyway. :unsure:

JessD05

Badlands
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC suv
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Wireless charging multiple phones at the same time? 6957A05E-6D1D-468F-95E5-2493F2C0CD7C

Do you think they’re going to make it like it shows in B&P or like they show in the pre-production models, the phone drops in at an angle?

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Completely depends on the design. My wife's Cadillac only charged one, her Atlas charges two. Why? Because the Caddy has a 1 phone spot where as the Atlas has more of a 'shelf'.

Mr Big

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep LJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh, I didn’t even think about that. I currently have a Note. I guess that means my wife will claim the pad as hers lol
Sponsored