Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As I was drinking my coffee this AM... waiting for my production scheduling email, which I probably won’t get for like 2 years ;) I started thinking... what if I could go directly to the plant to pick up my Bronco! How cool would that be!

obviously right now that’s not an option, but for the wheels turning and figured, why can’t Ford figure something out like that? Where we can pick up our Broncos directly from MAP.

Question is how many of us would do it and how much more of a destination and delivery fee would we be willing to pay?

I personally would absolutely do it and pay an additional $1500 on top of the current delivery fee... how about you?
Sponsored

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'd do it . . . about 1000 mile break-in drive would be a joy . . . I'd plot a completely non-highway route and spend a week getting home!

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As I was drinking my coffee this AM... waiting for my production scheduling email, which I probably won’t get for like 2 years ;) I started thinking... what if I could go directly to the plant to pick up my Bronco! How cool would that be!

obviously right now that’s not an option, but for the wheels turning and figured, why can’t Ford figure something out like that? Where we can pick up our Broncos directly from MAP.

Question is how many of us would do it and how much more of a destination and delivery fee would we be willing to pay?

I personally would absolutely do it and pay an additional $1500 on top of the current delivery fee... how about you?
With the exception of Tesla, you can't buy a car directly from the manufacturer in the US. You have to go thru a dealer

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They would have to construct and staff a facility to do that at each plant. The prep and paperwork would still have to be done. It is probably just easier to get them out the door and queue them up for transport. Not to mention the fact that the local dealers would be disadvantaged unless you had some type of geographic buffer.
The logistics of it all would be just another headache.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
OP
OP

dwfern

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With the exception of Tesla, you can't buy a car directly from the manufacturer in the US. You have to go thru a dealer
I think there is a way around that... we still go through our dealerships for financing and such... they still get paid what they normally would... heck maybe even on e of the dealership employees is there with you just to say you picked it up through them. To me that is too easy if a thing to solve.

I think if it as the ultimate unboxing experience!

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think there is a way around that... we still go through our dealerships for financing and such... they still get paid what they normally would... heck maybe even on e of the dealership employees is there with you just to say you picked it up through them. To me that is too easy if a thing to solve.

I think if it as the ultimate unboxing experience!
I wish we could buy our vehicles online directly from the manufacturer but we can't. It's a LAW IN MOST STATES. If the law was reversed, the only dealerships that would survive are used car dealerships. Which I suppose I am okay with but, you'd never see a brand new car in person without having purchased it first or going to a sponsored event.
EDITED, APPARENTLY NOT A FEDERAL LAW. JUST A LAW IN MOST STATES.

Last edited:

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

chevy did it for the corvette prior to the virus.

Sponsored

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I may be wrong but I think its even a law that sales go through a dealership (not sure what Teslas deal is). Dealerships are capable of servicing too, manufacturers dont want to deal with that. Hopefully someday dealerships become service only locations. With the exception of Granger, Ive never had a good experience at a dealer. Plus, its just one more company to upcharge your purchase.

DesertChip

Badlands
First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Q5, 2017 GTI, 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It could be possible. When you order your new Corvette Stingray you can opt for a museum delivery. The Corvette Museum is close to the Corvette assembly plant. You still have to pay the full Destination charge plus and additional fee. Porsche has a plan too. You go to Germany, take delivery of your car, and drive it around. After that, they ship it home to you. Ford is too busy now, maybe in a few years.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I wish we could buy our vehicles online directly from the manufacturer but we can't. It's a federal law. If the law was reversed, the only dealerships that would survive are used car dealerships. Which I suppose I am okay with but, you'd never see a brand new car in person without having purchased it first or going to a sponsored event
It’s State laws, not Federal. That’s why Tesla has had to fight in court in each state that try’s to force them into using dealers. If the laws changed and we could buy directly from Ford, they would still have showrooms. Just fewer of them and probably a nicer setup to boot. Apple has quite a few stores and they just sells electronics.

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I already have a hard time with the delivery charge. So I’ll pass. If they credited my delivery charge I’d do it.

OP
OP

dwfern

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs