Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This was from 2020 and as far as I know, the process hasn’t changed. They do (did) not re-invoice the dealer after a price change if it’s a customer order and is sold to the customer.

ADF6AE84-B83A-45F6-8C7C-24EE03102461.jpeg
There was no half model year price increase for MY'21. So all MY'21 Broncos had the same invoice. For MY'22 Broncos, this same issue came up in my build week (my first Bronco). Some in my build week had the MY'22 window sticker prices and some had MY'22.5 window sticker prices. All were retail price protected. But some dealers honored the DORA pricing and waited for Ford's credit and some issued the checks. In some cases, it was 60 days later.
Sponsored

Reactions: abe
OP
OP
2022 base

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Chevy, 2004 Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Base
YES. The $2845 will be applied at sale. The difference in the MSRP from the time you ordered for MY'23 and the MSRP on the window sticker (reflecting the MY'23.5 pricing) will be a credit. AGAIN - most dealers apply it up front and wait for the credit to balance their books 45 days later. That is the preferred way so you don't have to pay the additional tax. But they aren't obligated to do so. Some will wait for the credit to hit their books before issuing a check to the buyer.
Ok this info may help me with the dealer then. Thanks!

Deb68nc

Outer Banks
First Name
Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just picked up my bronco last week at the dealership and i got the price protection from 2021 when i first ordered and they honored $2350 which was the difference from a 22 to a 23

Sponsored
OP
OP
2022 base

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

Catmandu1999

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Triumph Spitfire
Your Bronco Model
Base
@2022 base, I was in your same shoes a few days ago when I got my sales sheet from my dealer. I was sure Ford, my dealer, and probably Pope Francis were all conspiring against me to deny that $2k price level protection this site made me aware of. In the end, I think it was just the fact that mine was the longest to fulfill order (a 2dr Base as well) a relatively small dealer had seen, and they have not run into this situation before. My $2485 rebate was a no brainer, but they could not wrap their heads around the $2k price protection. With some honest face to face time at the dealership, I went ahead and wrote a too-big check and took possession of my Bronco, with what I believe is an honest promise from the sales manager to follow up with accounting to see if a $2k invoice credit shows up in 45 days or so, which she would send to me. Have faith, and enjoy your ride when you get it!

OP
OP
2022 base

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
@2022 base, I was in your same shoes a few days ago when I got my sales sheet from my dealer. I was sure Ford, my dealer, and probably Pope Francis were all conspiring against me to deny that $2k price level protection this site made me aware of. In the end, I think it was just the fact that mine was the longest to fulfill order (a 2dr Base as well) a relatively small dealer had seen, and they have not run into this situation before. My $2485 rebate was a no brainer, but they could not wrap their heads around the $2k price protection. With some honest face to face time at the dealership, I went ahead and wrote a too-big check and took possession of my Bronco, with what I believe is an honest promise from the sales manager to follow up with accounting to see if a $2k invoice credit shows up in 45 days or so, which she would send to me. Have faith, and enjoy your ride when you get it!
Thanks that helps ease my pain!

Heelabaloo

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So, I am protected or not? The way I read this the dealer will get me paid after the sale?
As Beach Bum stated, it’s the dealer’s call as to how they want to do it. You should ask them if they will give it to you at the sale to save you from having to pay taxes on it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
2022 base

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
As Beach Bum stated, it’s the dealer’s call as to how they want to do it. You should ask them if they will give it to you at the sale to save you from having to pay taxes on it.
Agreed! I will talk to the GM and see if it can be done.

Buckaroo

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That is correct. The dealer has to pay the original cost to Ford, not the current costs provided it’s a customer order and not an order for stock.
I really wish this dude was correct but he’s not. The dealer pays the current PL cost to Ford. Then they have to figure out how much price protection the customer should be entitled to. Then they have to wait at least a month to get that money on their parts statement. It usually comes but sometimes it doesn’t and the dealer has to call Ford and wait another month to see it since it’s only paid once a month. So if your dealer is slow rolling price protection they probably don’t want to eat the difference if they guess the wrong amount based on the many price change sheets they have gotten since your original order.

Reactions: abe
OP
OP
2022 base

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Many thanks to all of you who read and showed your support on this thread!!!:D

Heelabaloo

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Also, you mentioned that there are two offers under one certificate # and the Ford rep is telling you to choose one. If you are saying that you also dropped the constraints to get a build date for the $2500 modification offer, you are entitled to that as well. I have heard that Ford customer service is telling people that there’s one certificate with the two offers and you have to choose which offer you want to apply but that’s not how the Ford Bronco brand manager himself described it on the Bronco Nation Q&A in the interview they did with him in January.

I’m interested if this is what you are referring to b/c I‘ll be dealing with this next month as well.

OP
OP
2022 base

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Also, you mentioned that there are two offers under one certificate # and the Ford rep is telling you to choose one. If you are saying that you also dropped the constraints to get a build date for the $2500 modification offer, you are entitled to that as well. I have heard that Ford customer service is telling people that there’s one certificate with the two offers and you have to choose which offer you want to apply but that’s not how the Ford Bronco brand manager himself described it on the Bronco Nation Q&A in the interview they did with him in January.

I’m interested if this is what you are referring to b/c I‘ll be dealing with this next month as well.
I have 2 offers but did not have any constraints on my build to take off it is a base model stripped down with only auto trans. so not sure if that helps?
Sponsored