Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I added this to my Bronco build journal as well, but thought I'd create a separate thread for anyone interested in some paint protection for their Bronco.

I took my Bronco to a local XPEL dealer this week, initially just wanting to get a ceramic coating applied. The shop was amazing, and walked me through their process and everything.

Started out with getting washed twice, followed by a stage 1 paint correction - Never had this done since owning the Bronco, however it really helped getting the chemical and road contaminants out of the paint. This was in preparation for what was to come...

I ended up getting the XPEL Fusion Plus Ceramic Coating for all the painted surfaces. They taped off and covered the vinyl wrap, and applied the XPEL Satin Ceramic Coating to these areas. It really makes a noticeable difference and I wanted to ensure I didn't lose the "matte" finish on the vinyl. They also talked me into the XPEL Ultimate Plus Paint Protection Film for the rocker panels. Although the rock sliders protect pretty well, I wanted something additional to help with potential rock chips on the doors. Using the body line of the Bronco, they cut it off here which I think looks awesome - You can't even tell it's covered in PPF.

Really happy with the outcome - It looks great, and should offer much better protection to my Bronco for years to come!

DSC_0230.jpeg

DSC_0233.jpeg

DSC_0229.jpeg

DSC_0227.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks great! If you don’t mind me asking…what does a job like that cost?
It was not cheap. However, when he walked me through what they did, I felt a lot more comfortable with the value. Yes, if I did it myself it would have been much cheaper - However, I would have done a much poorer job.

The stage 1 paint correction was just two thorough washes and correcting issues with the paint due to chemicals and usual abuses from the road. Also keep in mind my Bronco travelled across the country to the West coast on train when I ordered it, I'm sure some of that was from the early travel to deliver it. Without doing this, you'd just be ceramic coating over it all, which makes no sense. This alone added a decent amount to the price, but I would be a lot less happy if I didn't get it done. They were also kind enough to use my touch-up paint pen I brought to fill in a couple rock chips as well.

The ceramic coatings themselves was a lot more complicated due to me having my vinyl wrap and them applying two different ceramic coatings. You can see how my wrap has a lot of edges to it, and isn't just a simple line between a wrap and the paint - They hand taped off the wrap to apply the coating to the paint, and then did the wrap separately with a satin coating. It looks phenomenal, and I'm happy I went that route vs. just covering the entire vehicle in one type. I think my wrap would have been much more "glossy" and ruined the matte look I originally had.

The PPF was more expensive than I thought it would be for such a small area, however it's the part of the vehicle I am most concerned about with rock chips. The rock sliders are awesome and take most of the brunt, but still... They not only did the lower portion of the door up to the body line, but they did below the door as well - Not sure how they did it, but they did, without removing the sliders. A very meticulous job.

Anyways, I hope that helps. Sorry I don't like throwing prices out there, but I think it's an investment. The warranty on these items is quite extensive, so it's not like I need to do this every year.

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Price depends A LOT on market area. It also depends a lot on the quality of the shop. There's a very high-end shop near me that quoted 1k more than the next (excellent) shop that I chose, and that was for less coverage. Price also depends on the brand of wrap. I went with Ceramic Pro Kavaca for several reasons. YMMV.

I think I paid around 2k to wrap the whole hood, front fenders, around the windshield, and door cups. This was in the DC-metro area, so it was expensive. I wrapped the lower doors, door sills, headlights, and bottom inside of the tailgate myself. Flat, small panels are easy to do.

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Price depends A LOT on market area. It also depends a lot on the quality of the shop. There's a very high-end shop near me that quoted 1k more than the next (excellent) shop that I chose, and that was for less coverage. Price also depends on the brand of wrap. I went with Ceramic Pro Kavaca for several reasons. YMMV.

I think I paid around 2k to wrap the whole hood, front fenders, around the windshield, and door cups. This was in the DC-metro area, so it was expensive. I wrapped the lower doors, door sills, headlights, and bottom inside of the tailgate myself. Flat, small panels are easy to do.
I agree, I looked at doing the whole truck with the Xpel Stealth a year ago and was quoted just under 10K for my 2DR. As much as I like that look I dont 10K like it! I have seen post on here and other forms "Jeep" that have said anywhere from 6K to 12K, kind of a big margin. Still would like to do it but I still owe around 15K on Bronco and I want to pay it off this year.

Sponsored

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The hood and leading edge of the front fenders are the important parts. They're going to get the most exposure to the elements and objects. As long as you have decent mud flaps, the sides don't need to be wrapped unless you want to keep the paint perfect or are driving it through brush.

Rickbobby334

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It looks great!!! You guys are making be feel better about getting a quote which I thought was too much here in Poland. 15,000 Polish Pln (for the wrap), and I was like… nah, I can get a better deal than that…15000 pln is $3700.

roboticsrob

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In SoCal expect to pay around $4-5k for full vehicle paint correction, PPF, and a 7-year Ceramic coating on a mid-sized SUV.

Price does vary widely, but you really do need to do a bit of homework, read reviews of the shop, and see if you can be shown some of their in progress or recently completed work. Some things to look for are consistency in the application of the PPF (its very elastic and they heat it, so if they do a sloppy job you can see it by some wavy wrinkles around the bends in the sheet metal), and very importantly, check that they tuck and wrap the edges. PPF should be stretched around the edges of the sheet metal panels wherever possible (ie doors, hoods, fenders), tucked under plastic trim pieces, etc. The name brand of the PPF is less important than the quality of the shops work. A shop that does high quality work will likely use high quality products, in my experience.

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In SoCal expect to pay around $4-5k for full vehicle paint correction, PPF, and a 7-year Ceramic coating on a mid-sized SUV.

Price does vary widely, but you really do need to do a bit of homework,
I find this hard to believe, all that for 4-5K, In Cali at that. I would defiantly look into the quality and product they use, as well as their reputation..

Rickbobby334

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

PPF is great and all, but from my understanding ceramic coating is truly the best way to go

Sponsored
OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

PPF is great and all, but from my understanding ceramic coating is truly the best way to go
Depends on what you're looking for.

Ceramic coating will protect your paint a bit and help with washing it - Everything seems to just drip off like butter, it's amazing. However PPF would be more durable for things like branches, rocks, etc.

They both serve their purpose - That's why I opted for ceramic over the Bronco, and PPF along the rocker panels.

Lujess

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, 2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Depends on what you're looking for.

Ceramic coating will protect your paint a bit and help with washing it - Everything seems to just drip off like butter, it's amazing. However PPF would be more durable for things like branches, rocks, etc.

They both serve their purpose - That's why I opted for ceramic over the Bronco, and PPF along the rocker panels.
Agree. My last car was the first I had ceramic/XPEL applied to......2 years later even the front hood looks pristine. It makes washing SO much easier. Just had the same done to my new Bronco....

Last edited:

Nate Train

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I added this to my Bronco build journal as well, but thought I'd create a separate thread for anyone interested in some paint protection for their Bronco.

I took my Bronco to a local XPEL dealer this week, initially just wanting to get a ceramic coating applied. The shop was amazing, and walked me through their process and everything.

Started out with getting washed twice, followed by a stage 1 paint correction - Never had this done since owning the Bronco, however it really helped getting the chemical and road contaminants out of the paint. This was in preparation for what was to come...

I ended up getting the XPEL Fusion Plus Ceramic Coating for all the painted surfaces. They taped off and covered the vinyl wrap, and applied the XPEL Satin Ceramic Coating to these areas. It really makes a noticeable difference and I wanted to ensure I didn't lose the "matte" finish on the vinyl. They also talked me into the XPEL Ultimate Plus Paint Protection Film for the rocker panels. Although the rock sliders protect pretty well, I wanted something additional to help with potential rock chips on the doors. Using the body line of the Bronco, they cut it off here which I think looks awesome - You can't even tell it's covered in PPF.

Really happy with the outcome - It looks great, and should offer much better protection to my Bronco for years to come!

DSC_0230.jpeg

DSC_0233.jpeg

DSC_0229.jpeg

DSC_0227.jpeg

I swear by PPF now that I've seen it in action on my Bronco, and mine is XPel also. Great product. I'm just bummed I didn't know about it back when I got my Mustang.

josh1121

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan XD Diesel 4x4, LandRover Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Where did you go? I'm in SoCal too and am looking to do a matte PPF on my HPR Wildtrak.

coachoates

Raptor
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ceramic is not the way to go for protection. PPF also allowed you to use consumer grade ceramic or Graphene for hydrophobic applications. Ceramic is great. Love it! But a Bronco, no way.

may wife has ceramic on her Murano. It’s always looking pretty and easy to wash. Paint looks enhanced.
But her car, a 2022, needs a new hood and front bumper from road rash.

my bronco is full PPF and I have taken it off road and everything coveraged by PPF is showroom ready.

pPF for protection. Ceramic for shine. Ceramic won’t stay on PPF long. Doesn’t molecularly bond. Every 2-3 months, I wipe some Graphene on my PPF. My bronco shines and is slick like ceramic.

PPF for life for me! A new car that will stay looking new

Sponsored