First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250/Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Took our 2022 Badlands on its first real road trip in early October. Always wanted to see Tetons and Yellowstone but not deal with the crowds. Early October was ideal! Weather was great, no crowds, many animal sightings, and fall colors.

Bronco did great, wish we had more payload capacity as we had some rear end squat when fully loaded.

Ford Bronco Yellowstone/Grand Tetons/Mt Rushmore/Badlands - 3000 miles IMG_0949
Ford Bronco Yellowstone/Grand Tetons/Mt Rushmore/Badlands - 3000 miles IMG_0844
Ford Bronco Yellowstone/Grand Tetons/Mt Rushmore/Badlands - 3000 miles IMG_0838
Ford Bronco Yellowstone/Grand Tetons/Mt Rushmore/Badlands - 3000 miles image000000
Ford Bronco Yellowstone/Grand Tetons/Mt Rushmore/Badlands - 3000 miles image000002
Ford Bronco Yellowstone/Grand Tetons/Mt Rushmore/Badlands - 3000 miles image000003
Ford Bronco Yellowstone/Grand Tetons/Mt Rushmore/Badlands - 3000 miles IMG_0935
Ford Bronco Yellowstone/Grand Tetons/Mt Rushmore/Badlands - 3000 miles IMG_0844
Ford Bronco Yellowstone/Grand Tetons/Mt Rushmore/Badlands - 3000 miles IMG_0838
Ford Bronco Yellowstone/Grand Tetons/Mt Rushmore/Badlands - 3000 miles image000000
Ford Bronco Yellowstone/Grand Tetons/Mt Rushmore/Badlands - 3000 miles image000002
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Num Num

Wildtrak
First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota....
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sounds like a cool trip. We want to do something along the same lines. Maybe next year!

Scoop

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badsquatch, '74, '76, & '78 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice pics! And nice trip. We did similar in late September visiting Rushmore, Badlands and also Custer State Park and Teddy Roosevelt NP in ND. Very impressed with Badlands and Custer State Park. We did Yellowstone and Tetons last year.

EA0F328A-E3A4-455C-A289-84512AC9FCB4.jpeg

Sponsored

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Took our 2022 Badlands on its first real road trip in early October. Always wanted to see Tetons and Yellowstone but not deal with the crowds. Early October was ideal! Weather was great, no crowds.
Ford Bronco Yellowstone/Grand Tetons/Mt Rushmore/Badlands - 3000 miles EA0F328A-E3A4-455C-A289-84512AC9FCB4

Too bad you had to drive 3,000 miles. This pic is 16 miles from my house.

October is a great time in Yellowstone. Fishing is off the hook. I’m in The Park almost everyday.

OP
OP

Dusmw

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250/Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

October is a great time in Yellowstone. Fishing is off the hook. I’m in The Park almost everyday.
You live in a beautiful area of the country!

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Took our 2022 Badlands on its first real road trip in early October. Always wanted to see Tetons and Yellowstone but not deal with the crowds. Early October was ideal! Weather was great, no crowds, many animal sightings, and fall colors.

Bronco did great, wish we had more payload capacity as we had some rear end squat when fully loaded.
Did a similar trip the week before Memorial Day, in addition to Badlands, Yellowstone and Tetons, we hit Mt Rushmore, Devil's Tower and took Teton Pass from Jackson Hole for a quick trip into Idaho.

Scopebit

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for sharing. Wife and I did approx. 3000 miles last summer from SE Wash across Northern ID, MT, ND, Northern Minn and to the UP of Michigan and back. Went south on the way back and ran through the Badlands. Continued through the Black Hills, Sheridan, WY and back through Bozeman where our daughter is at MSU (let ourselves stay for free at her casa). The Yellowstone River Valley is a great drive. Great road trip'n vehicle.

PS - IMO: it's almost a pilgrimage to take one's Badlands to the Badlands.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Dusmw

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250/Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did a similar trip the week before Memorial Day, in addition to Badlands, Yellowstone and Tetons, we hit Mt Rushmore, Devil's Tower and took Teton Pass from Jackson Hole for a quick trip into Idaho.
That drive through farm country of Eastern Idaho was spectacular! With a Midwest ranching background the rolling hills, creeks, and crop lands were great to experience. No fences was hard to fathom!

mtclimb3r

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Live in Bozeman, MT and just got back from 2-weeks home in the midwest. My 2D was fully loaded with a RTT and hitch cargo rack. I averaged 12 MPG across North Dakota. That damn wind!!!!

Gypsy

Badlands
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since you live there would you mind recommending the best month to go. We are planning to go next year. We would like to see five National Parks maybe more no time limit. We are trying to find a tent we can add to the back of our Bronco but there is time for that.

Thank you for any information you can provide.

abisen

Badlands
First Name
Anand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lovely pics sounds a lot of fun.

I absolutely love my Badsquatch 2.7, with only one gripe that I can't add a roof rack, that would make long trips like this so much better.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great stuff!!
Sponsored