Sponsored

You will NOT believe this. Grab a drink....

Status
Not open for further replies.

David196

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Traverse
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Why does everyone cry about this shit.

The dealer has right to the order but that doesn't guarantee anything.
VIN goes with this order that goes to this dealer.
If the vehicle fails inspection, burns up, get in an accident during testing, guess what the dealership isn't getting the vehicle and a replacement will vehicle gets placed in the order with a new VIN.

If the vehicle never makes it to the dealership. It's not their vehicle.
If the vehicle never makes it to the dealerships, it's not your vehicle.
No body has owner ship of them, but FORD until it lands in the lot. Actually maybe not even if it lands in the lot, because the dealership could refuse it if it was damaged in transport.

Ford has ownership of them.
As far as FORD having an error in the system and not making or sending a replacement, that sucks.

Also priority 22? Isn't under priority 10, for quicker and special circumstances?
Sponsored

Last edited:

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just wondering if he already owned the Bronco. Sound like it was damaged at the factory.
Which is unfortunately something that is going to happen on rare occasion. I don’t get all the legal claims and I’d love to see proof that anyone but ford owns it.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have nightmares about FOB destination fairly regularly. Trying to get vendors to accept those terms without too much headache is pretty rare.
I guess it depends. I work for a company larger than Ford and I would dare say out of 1000’s of agreements we have with suppliers they are all FOB destination. I would say it’s the norm for high value product. Otherwise they would have to let the dealer know when they were shipping and also the dealer would most likely have to arrange shipping since they would take title at shipping point. I am confident Ford owns the title until the dealer signs for it in there lot and most likely filed a damage claim either with the carrier or their insurance, sold it at auction to recoup some claim, and will produce a new replacement. Who would want to take delivery of a damaged bronco?

Last edited:
Reactions: LHD

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My brother!! Just sit and laugh and cry and have another.
We all should practice and work on this until we get the Bronco.

Attachments

SASProbie

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Windup Toy
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

To me. This is more about the lack of communication and transparency from Ford to the dealer and the consumer that was provided a VIN#.

They know where these vehicles are at and what is happening at each point of exit/entry (Including handoff to transportation). It is all tracked by the VIN#.

We all know that Ford still owns the vehicle. In fact, depending on the dealership agreement and timing, they may even own it on the dealer lot until a certain stage.

That just means if it is damaged or lost while in transition from the manufacturer to the buyer, who gets to foot the bill for repair, transportation and or gets the check or write-off for any loss.

Sponsored

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The Bronco belongs to Ford until the dealer pays for it...
Technically, unless major changes in the industry have happened recently, the dealer doesn't "own" the vehicle until it's delivered to the lot. Typically they "finance" the vehicles from the manufacturer. They pay interest on their inventory / "floor plan" to the manufacturer - but many times the manufacturer will have incentives that reduce / eliminate this interest for a period of time. Then there is dealer holdback - which is built into the invoice price. Thus, invoice prices is not the price the dealer pays to the manufacturer.

It sucks for the OP. And the lack of communication from Ford is really bad, but the dealer doesn't really have a claim on vehicles until they are physically delivered.

DFNMAN

Base
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' 2dr, 15' M3, 07' FJ, 03' M3, 79' 928
Your Bronco Model
Base
Technically, unless major changes in the industry have happened recently, the dealer doesn't "own" the vehicle until it's delivered to the lot. Typically they "finance" the vehicles from the manufacturer. They pay interest on their inventory / "floor plan" to the manufacturer - but many times the manufacturer will have incentives that reduce / eliminate this interest for a period of time. Then there is dealer holdback - which is built into the invoice price. Thus, invoice prices is not the price the dealer pays to the manufacturer.

It sucks for the OP. And the lack of communication from Ford is really bad, but the dealer doesn't really have a claim on vehicles until they are physically delivered.

That is what I said.... I am aware of how it works, but thank you for the long winded explanation that no one needed.

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That is what I said.... I am aware of how it works, but thank you for the long winded explanation that no one needed.
You're welcome.

Squatchn'

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BaseSquatch, 2021 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
So the Case of the Missing Bronco from July 23 production and then mysteriously vanished.....

Turns out it got damaged somewhere somehow...and Ford, without legal authorization! sold it at auction! On Jan. 4. My dealer OWNS the manufacturing title to it!! So they are none too happy, and Ford told no one. The only reason we found out is that my VIN dropped off the palsapp yesterday. So the dealer started digging hard, only to learn this.

Ford. How can they sell something that isn't even legally theirs? And how can they not bother mentioning it, even to the dealer?? I wonder if we'd ever have known.

The good news is that now we know. AND I'll be getting a top priority 22 with hopefully a good engine and not sitting with stale fluids for 7 months. And Ford is trying to figure out what else to do to compensate me. So far, a free warranty woo hoo....

Crazy times, my friends.

About that bottle of whisky for being the very last.....? lol
Man that sucks, but on the bright side, it sounds like you are getting a raptor now if you want one!

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is amazing news!, Not for OP. It is proof that Ford can sell cars WITHOUT need for dealerships. 😃

Sponsored

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the Case of the Missing Bronco from July 23 production and then mysteriously vanished.....

Turns out it got damaged somewhere somehow...and Ford, without legal authorization! sold it at auction! On Jan. 4. My dealer OWNS the manufacturing title to it!! So they are none too happy, and Ford told no one. The only reason we found out is that my VIN dropped off the palsapp yesterday. So the dealer started digging hard, only to learn this.

Ford. How can they sell something that isn't even legally theirs? And how can they not bother mentioning it, even to the dealer?? I wonder if we'd ever have known.

The good news is that now we know. AND I'll be getting a top priority 22 with hopefully a good engine and not sitting with stale fluids for 7 months. And Ford is trying to figure out what else to do to compensate me. So far, a free warranty woo hoo....

Crazy times, my friends.

This reaction seems pretty dramatic, especially with all the legal talk. Hopefully you have the laws handy to back that up.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's starting to sound and look like that the corruption of morality in this generation is starting to permeate everything. Nothing is safe anymore. Unless it's just more noticeable lately, it seems Ford has just gone off the rails under the recent series of "leadership". This is merely a symptom of some of the other issues that everyone on this forum is already well aware of. But it definitely seems like a far more compromised company than even 10 years ago, none the less. People just can't help themselves anymore. Everyone is out for themselves and will screw anyone without a second thought. Glad OP is getting compensated for this.... but never should have happened in the first place.
It was damaged at the factory. Things happen. Beyond better communication, what are you expecting to happen?

BadK22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco '92 Jeep YJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Crazy times, my friends.

Really sorry to hear this. Ford cant seem to get anything right with this launch.

Do you happen to know how your dealer finally found out what had happened? I am in a similar situation as my Bronco has been in production since 9/4. As of last week, it has also dropped off the Palsapp.

Ford Bronco You will NOT believe this. Grab a drink.... 1645112385611

OP
OP
Headsong

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Really sorry to hear this. Ford cant seem to get anything right with this launch.

Do you happen to know how your dealer finally found out what had happened? I am in a similar situation as my Bronco has been in production since 9/4. As of last week, it has also dropped off the Palsapp.

Ford Bronco You will NOT believe this. Grab a drink.... 1645112385611
Yeah, I don't know how they found out. They jumped in hard once the VIN dropped off the palsapp....both owners were on it with Ford back and forth. (And for those interested, I don't understand the legalities, AS I'VE SAID!!, all I know is that the dealer claims to have some ownership interest/right/claim to the VIN....) Now, the dealer is extracting commitments from Ford to make things right: super high build priority, some compensations....so we'll see. I'm just happy to be done with the 7 mo old rig and going for a new one, tho' the whole process begins anew: You have a VIN, you have a window sticker, you have a production date, and then, where is it? lol
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.