Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well done! Thank you.

How about the 2.7L dropping valves or unexplained complete engine failure? Was that discuses? That would also fall into a safety concern as these vehicles are “off road” vehicles. To me that means we drive our into some of the most remote sections of land in the entire country. If the engine fails out in the wild that’s a huge exposure risk.

cheers.
I did mention it to the Ford Executive I spoke with. I have not gotten into the engine failures, as I believe the Ford Warranty and Service Engineering teams will be fully engaged and will resolve these Engineering Functional and Design issues.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cat

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sometimes the executives use these failures as a hammer to pummel the leadership team they deprived of resources, gave one way unrealistic goals and failed to support.
True.

Liberty

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Black Diamond Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I took delivery of mine two months ago and it has been perfect. I work with a lot of "engineers" and they have made it very clear they are super smart and know everything. Especially about things they read on the internet. How about taking delivery, and then, reporting back!

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wrote this e-mail to top level Ford Executives early this morning, as the Safety, Manf. & Quality issues escaping are bothering me:

"Dear Ford Executive Team,

I am writing to you today about an alarming and ever-growing list of manufacturing and quality defects related to the new Bronco, as posted by Bronco6g Forum members. Please spend some time reading this note, and viewing the attached pictures.

I am a retired Boeing Quality Leader, with 31 years of experience in Engineering, Manf & QMS, including Global Supply Chain. I have a Bronco WildTrak on order that has been reserved since July 14, 2020, and while I am excited to receive it, I am very concerned about the magnitude of safety and quality issues escaping Ford's QMS.

Let's talk about Safety first:

Customers are stranded on the road because radiator coolant hoses are rubbing on pulleys due to unfastened/loose clamps, or, wire harnesses are rubbing on the drive train because clamps are missing. Another was stranded because an alternator belt was installed smooth side down. Yet another had total loss of power because the Negative Battery Terminal was extremely loose. Repetitive reports of loose screws in the fuse blocks (pic attached).

Issues with the MIC 2.0 Hardtop are still rampant. Air pockets/delam, snakeskin, sharp edges cutting owners, significant water intrusion, gaps and seal issues, whistling to name a few.

One Customer received Black Diamond front seats and Badlands back seats. (Pic attached). Another had a hybrid driver's seat: Navy Pier back with Black vinyl front (pic attached).

Missing paint on the interior of the tailgate and fuel door (pic attached), as well as door hinges.

The items listed above are just a small sampling of recent Safety, Manf/Quality issues new Bronco Customers are experiencing. Below is my comprehensive checklist I will be using when I take delivery. These are all issues posted on the Bronco6g forum.

[This is where I inserted contents of my checklist I have been posting. Ref: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/pre-delivery-self-qc-checklist.29467/]

Thank you for your time and consideration of my e-mail; I know you all must have very full plates. I welcome your responses, and, if there is anything I can help with please let me know.

Sincerely,

Cat
2 Dr WildTrak, Prod Scheduled week of 12/20/2021.
Order# 5203; VIN 1FMDE5CP4NLA74127"

Thirteen hours later, I received a call from Ford's Executive Office, expressing concern and they are taking this feedback very seriously. My e-mail has been making the rounds, and has been forwarded to Manufacturing for their investigation and resolution of each item to prevent recurrence. The Executive I spoke with agreed these issues should not have left Ford's Quality Management System.

Sometimes, in big manufacturing companies, the Executives don't get alot of feedback directly from their end-users. When they do, improvement actions can be swift. Let's hope this is the case with Ford.

View attachment 215738

View attachment 215739

View attachment 215740

View attachment 215742
Amen!

EdVA

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for stepping up on this! Really glad you also received a response from Ford.

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wrote this e-mail to top level Ford Executives early this morning, as the Safety, Manf. & Quality issues escaping are bothering me:

"Dear Ford Executive Team,

I am writing to you today about an alarming and ever-growing list of manufacturing and quality defects related to the new Bronco, as posted by Bronco6g Forum members. Please spend some time reading this note, and viewing the attached pictures.

I am a retired Boeing Quality Leader, with 31 years of experience in Engineering, Manf & QMS, including Global Supply Chain. I have a Bronco WildTrak on order that has been reserved since July 14, 2020, and while I am excited to receive it, I am very concerned about the magnitude of safety and quality issues escaping Ford's QMS.

Let's talk about Safety first:

Customers are stranded on the road because radiator coolant hoses are rubbing on pulleys due to unfastened/loose clamps, or, wire harnesses are rubbing on the drive train because clamps are missing. Another was stranded because an alternator belt was installed smooth side down. Yet another had total loss of power because the Negative Battery Terminal was extremely loose. Repetitive reports of loose screws in the fuse blocks (pic attached).

Issues with the MIC 2.0 Hardtop are still rampant. Air pockets/delam, snakeskin, sharp edges cutting owners, significant water intrusion, gaps and seal issues, whistling to name a few.

One Customer received Black Diamond front seats and Badlands back seats. (Pic attached). Another had a hybrid driver's seat: Navy Pier back with Black vinyl front (pic attached).

Missing paint on the interior of the tailgate and fuel door (pic attached), as well as door hinges.

The items listed above are just a small sampling of recent Safety, Manf/Quality issues new Bronco Customers are experiencing. Below is my comprehensive checklist I will be using when I take delivery. These are all issues posted on the Bronco6g forum.

[This is where I inserted contents of my checklist I have been posting. Ref: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/pre-delivery-self-qc-checklist.29467/]

Thank you for your time and consideration of my e-mail; I know you all must have very full plates. I welcome your responses, and, if there is anything I can help with please let me know.

Sincerely,

Cat
2 Dr WildTrak, Prod Scheduled week of 12/20/2021.
Order# 5203; VIN 1FMDE5CP4NLA74127"

Thirteen hours later, I received a call from Ford's Executive Office, expressing concern and they are taking this feedback very seriously. My e-mail has been making the rounds, and has been forwarded to Manufacturing for their investigation and resolution of each item to prevent recurrence. The Executive I spoke with agreed these issues should not have left Ford's Quality Management System.

Sometimes, in big manufacturing companies, the Executives don't get alot of feedback directly from their end-users. When they do, improvement actions can be swift. Let's hope this is the case with Ford.

View attachment 215738

View attachment 215739

View attachment 215740

View attachment 215742
Just wanted to say thank you very much for doing this. This is the best thing anyone could have done and the only way ford will get better at making there vehicles and quality control. Thank you very much

Tornado_735

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Silverado, 18 EcoSport 4x4, 09 Aveo, 1995 P38
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well done! Thank you.

How about the 2.7L dropping valves or unexplained complete engine failure? Was that discuses? That would also fall into a safety concern as these vehicles are “off road” vehicles. To me that means we drive our into some of the most remote sections of land in the entire country. If the engine fails out in the wild that’s a huge exposure risk.

cheers.
As a Ford Warranty Admin, I have yet to see this, in any application of the 2.7. I am watching for it though.

subshooter

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 911 and 2014 Boxster S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was going to draft a post almost identical to yours highlighting many of the same issues. Don't forget Ford employees left testing equipment attached to the OBD plug and spare/random parts left in the vehicle. I also have a Wildtrak on order and I'm in discussions with Toyota and wife to cancel it and get a 4 runner. At age 55, I just retired and this would have been my first American car.

I am a retired executive from a Fortune 500 company where I oversaw all kinds of production in my lifetime. I can tell you right up front this is almost purely a leadership issue at Ford. Lack of accountability on their work force and insufficient management controls (which include QA/QC). It's just embarrassing some of the things that are being delivered ad their disastrous rollout. SMH

OP
OP
Cat

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I took delivery of mine two months ago and it has been perfect. I work with a lot of "engineers" and they have made it very clear they are super smart and know everything. Especially about things they read on the internet. How about taking delivery, and then, reporting back!
I am so delighted that your Bronco is perfect!! I wish that for all of us. And, I absolutely will report back upon taking delivery of my Bronco. Not all, "engineers", profess to be "super smart and know everything". The really smart ones ask for help.

Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you very much Cat. Remember the one member whose carriage bolts on their frame weren't tightened down. That seemed like a fairly major oversight.

OP
OP
Cat

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Lost Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 King Ranch F250, 07 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nice work, Cat! Thanks for taking the time to reach the appropriate folks to express concerns of this community. It’s much appreciated! Here’s to hoping these issues see resolve.

Reactions: Cat
OP
OP
Cat

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thank you very much Cat. Remember the one member whose carriage bolts on their frame weren't tightened down. That seemed like a fairly major oversight.
No!!! I missed/forgot reading about that. What a shame.