First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
People should be writing their state legislatures to repeal the laws that protect dealership model at the state level.

There is no reason we should not be able to buy direct from manufacturer at an agreed upon price and have to worry about a dealer trying to screw us over when the car is finally delivered.

If a dealer wants to play the ADM game with stock units on their lots, then that is on them. However, when a buyer places a custom order direct with manufacturer, the dealer should have no say on the pricing of that order beyond maybe charging some small vehicle prep / storage fee if the buyer is choosing to pick up their vehicle from said dealer.
The Automotive Dealers Association is a HUGE group of incredibly WEALTHY PEOPLE. They have Lobbyists, Lawyers, Friends, Bankers, Politicians, Manufacturing....etc. There is no way this is going anywhere being whoever has the most MONEY WINS. And to play the DEVILS ADVOCATE here when does anyone complain about the 20K discount off a TRUCK or SUV. Anyone remember those days which TRUST ME they are coming back again SOONER than LATER. Point is no one bitches when the MSRP price on the car is DISCOUNTED. When the production on these vehicles eventually catches up and the market adjusts all these MSRP deals will be old news and the Discounting deals will be all the talk. And sincerely there will be a fair number of used Broncos in the market at the end of the day due to so many buying them and will regret the purchase. The Bronco is a Niche group wanting this vehicle and will fade as the Niche base gets theirs which opens the door to many many unsold units. Yeh and some here will laugh but I have owned so many so called be so happy you can get one to only down the road everyone has one.
Sponsored

Last edited:

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because the "allocation formula" is actually a smokescreen. Build order is actually 100% driven by "commodity constraints", not that allocation formula. If a dealership has a Bronco order that can be made, Ford will make it and ship it, regardless of their allocation.

Ford doesn't want to shout this from the rooftops, because it's pretty embarrassing for them. The "allocation formula" thing was just some B.S. to get big dealers to stop whining about the 'Big 3' small dealers with hundreds of orders, but it doesn't even come in to play right now. Order-holders at those small dealerships that are 100+ spots down their respective lists are getting Broncos built right now, because they are lightly-equipped and have soft tops.
Commodity constraints drive what gets built, but who gets them is driven by allocation. We have yet to see the full impact of the '22 allocation formula since it is so early in that process. If Ford doesn't change it, they will have to build dealer stock in order to fill the allocation as some dealers while the 'Big 3" are still waiting on builds for reservation holders.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stay Pumped!

Sponsored

Edumakated

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The Automotive Dealers Association is a HUGE group of incredibly WEALTHY PEOPLE. They have Lobbyists, Lawyers, Friends, Bankers, Politicians, Manufacturing....etc. There is no way this is going anywhere being whoever has the most MONEY WINS. And to play the DEVILS ADVOCATE here when does anyone complain about the 20K discount off a TRUCK or SUV. Anyone remover those days which TRUST ME they are coming back again SOONER than LATER. Point is no one bitches when the MSRP price on the car is DISCOUNTED. When the production on these vehicles eventually catches up and the market adjusts all these MSRP deals will be old news and the Discounting deals will be all the talk. And sincerely there will be a fair number of used Broncos in the market at the end of the day due to so many buying them and will regret the purchase. The Bronco is a Niche group wanting this vehicle and will fade as the Niche base gets theirs which opens the door to many many unsold units. Yeh and some here will laugh but I have owned so many so called be so happy you can get one to only down the road everyone has one.
Yes, the dealer lobby is powerful. However, if there is enough outcry, you'd be surprised how quickly that legislation will change. Taxi lobby thought they were invincible too. Tesla has been driving a lot of support as well.

Discounts are an entirely different animal and not as relevant. Of course no one complains about saving money. Why would they? The issue isn't even paying over MSRP. The issue is bait and switch at the dealer level. If some idiot wants to pay $10k over MSRP I could care less.

The problem is when that $10k is not fully disclosed to a customer upfront which is the issue with all these cases posted on here and what the public has an issue with in general.

To be clear, I know dealers serve a function and they need to make money too. I've never been a nickle & dime consumer. I tend to focus on service, relationships, and value over lowest price.

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yes, the dealer lobby is powerful. However, if there is enough outcry, you'd be surprised how quickly that legislation will change. Taxi lobby thought they were invincible too. Tesla has been driving a lot of support as well.

Discounts are an entirely different animal and not as relevant. Of course no one complains about saving money. Why would they? The issue isn't even paying over MSRP. The issue is bait and switch at the dealer level. If some idiot wants to pay $10k over MSRP I could care less.

The problem is when that $10k is not fully disclosed to a customer upfront which is the issue with all these cases posted on here and what the public has an issue with in general.

To be clear, I know dealers serve a function and they need to make money too. I've never been a nickle & dime consumer. I tend to focus on service, relationships, and value over lowest price.
Good info and response and what is truly truly a really aggravating situation for all involved in the car market is the incredible GREED beyond GREED happening in the New Car market. Dealerships have not taking a beating by the Pandemic like so many other businesses have. The dealers are now operating on half the sales but quadruple the Profits on vehicles. I have personal relationships with many car dealers and can tell you they have made more money in the Pandemic market than they ever have. And sadly the consumers still run down to the Dealers and pay the Premium prices for cars. You have to ask yourself who is the problem? The Dealer or the Consumers addiction to having to have the latest greatest be so lucky to have a vehicle and pay whatever the Dealer wants? That is the real problem here and its not going to last being the FAKE MONEY in the country is drying up from all the Government Handouts and assistance related to the pandemic. Time is to our advantage being we have patiently waited 16-17 months whats another 6 months to let the production catch up to demand. And yeh in all sincereness its a car that is just another material item that at the end of the day is put on a pedestal for the moment but in the end will be another item that loses value.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
These threads always get my scared so I decided to reach out to the sales manager at my dealership and he's since left I think. Now I'm shitting bricks over here....
He did in fact leave for a GM post within the family of dealerships.

Received confirmation (in e-mail) that I will be paying MSRP + doc fee, license fee, and tax. VERY EXCITED.

1/17 build week. Fingers crossed I get it in early March!!

Mdeamon

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai tucson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
All,

I'm fuming mad and just got back from Lindsay Ford (Wheaton, MD) where they tried to get me to pay 10k ADM over what we agreed to back in March when they committed to MSRP and no dealer markup. I have an order summary with MSRP and my signature and date and $1000 deposit but they are not honoring our agreement. I happen to be a licensed attorney so I'm exploring my options in the legal arena and am likely to file a complaint against the dealership.

Folks who have been through this shakedown, I welcome your advice and recommendation. I am not paying a cent over MSRP - what we agreed to.

@Ford Motor Company

Update:
I’ve tweeted and emailed Mike Levine and Ford Motor Company. UPDATE: Mike Levine responded 12/5 and is looking into it.
I’ve emailed the general manager to elevate it. UPDATE: I'm expecting to talk with the GM on 12/6.
I’ve researched the Maryland Uniform Commercial Code and my situation looks favorable.
I’ve reached out to several attorneys who specialize in breach of contract. UPDATE: I've prepared a complaint to file myself on 12/6.
I've reached out to the local news station with a news tip.

As I was leaving the dealership today with steam coming out of my ears, they said they would hold the vehicle for a day to see if I changed my mind. They also said they would drop it to $5000 markup. I told them I wouldn’t pay a cent over what we agreed to.
In florida we have a law for bait and switch?
Maybe your state have something similar?

Most of the sneaky dealer try to see how you react.....and maybe if you just paid the easy money......but so far people who complaint to marketting dept of ford and disssus with the the dealership mannager i think it always work out if you dont give up....
It sad you have to go through hell

Search this on bronco6g they have a guy explain the same thing happen to him in jersey and a lot of people from bronco6g start to write bad review google review of the dealership ..... and the dealership did make it right at the end.... maybe print that story and show it the the manager..... if you can not find the article let me know i will search it for you...

H
I hope that help

Mdeamon

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai tucson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Twitter for Levine and Ford both and also call Fords customer service line. Let me find the number.
I think you need to ask for the marketting dept...

Sponsored

notbuildingrockets

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond, 2010 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Man, I hope you win and only have to pay MSRP. I think besides the legal approach, what others have said about taking them to the court of public opinion is a good approach. It's a scummy sales practice and fairly short-sighted to do this to customers...

That being said, I'm confused as to how things work in the US. I'm in Canada, (I actually work in sales at a Ford Dealership) and besides the order summary, if we're taking a deposit on an ordered unit we would always get them to sign a deal disclosure - a temporary bill of sale, so the customer knows exactly what they're agreeing to. This itemizes everything - selling price, taxes, sub total, interest rate, borrowing costs, etc - and then we make notes below as to what we're doing, ie: new plates or transfer, expectation for delivery timeframe, extra warranty, we acknowledge that we're filling it with fuel, detailing it for delivery, and anything else that we're doing. The customer then signs and management signs. The customer is given a copy of this for their records and we keep a copy. Markups never happen here. The process of just signing the order summary, with no acknowledgement of price, financing, or any other details seems very cavalier to me.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Man, I hope you win and only have to pay MSRP. I think besides the legal approach, what others have said about taking them to the court of public opinion is a good approach. It's a scummy sales practice and fairly short-sighted to do this to customers...

That being said, I'm confused as to how things work in the US. I'm in Canada, (I actually work in sales at a Ford Dealership) and besides the order summary, if we're taking a deposit on an ordered unit we would always get them to sign a deal disclosure - a temporary bill of sale, so the customer knows exactly what they're agreeing to. This itemizes everything - selling price, taxes, sub total, interest rate, borrowing costs, etc - and then we make notes below as to what we're doing, ie: new plates or transfer, expectation for delivery timeframe, extra warranty, we acknowledge that we're filling it with fuel, detailing it for delivery, and anything else that we're doing. The customer then signs and management signs. The customer is given a copy of this for their records and we keep a copy. Markups never happen here. The process of just signing the order summary, with no acknowledgement of price, financing, or any other details seems very cavalier to me.
Seems far more official than anything I have seen here. Is this standard practice across the board or just what your dealer does?

OP
OP

Smeagolsaur

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailblazer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update: dealership texted me that upper management is looking into my situation and in the event this does work out in my favor, they are looking for a mutual understanding and agreement to remove any direct and indirect negative online feedback regarding this matter.

Let's see where this goes.

Jdub

Outer Banks
First Name
JDubb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Update: dealership texted me that upper management is looking into my situation and in the event this does work out in my favor, they are looking for a mutual understanding and agreement to remove any direct and indirect negative online feedback regarding this matter.

Let's see where this goes.
Fingers crossed! Rooting for you.
Sponsored