Edumakated

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Update: dealership texted me that upper management is looking into my situation and in the event this does work out in my favor, they are looking for a mutual understanding and agreement to remove any direct and indirect negative online feedback regarding this matter.

Let's see where this goes.
Sounds like the are starting to feel the backlash...

Given how prevalent social media and information is these days, I am really surprised dealers even think of trying this type of bait and switch stuff. It is one thing to have an stock order and you decide to hail mary an ADM to see who bites versus taking a vehicle that was clearly ordered by a customer and then try to spring an ADM on them at the last minute.

I work in mortgages and my reputation is all I have. I have literally lost thousands on deals just to keep a referral source / customer happy.

I just don't get the mindset of dealers...
Sponsored

rzshootr

Badlands
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3 Etron
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is a legally binding agreement available ... if they took the trouble to write down the particulars in a Word doc.
I may have
Update: dealership texted me that upper management is looking into my situation and in the event this does work out in my favor, they are looking for a mutual understanding and agreement to remove any direct and indirect negative online feedback regarding this matter.

I have not posted a negative review for Lindsay Ford yet. But I am certainly prepared to.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Lol remove negative feedback. “So if we under the pressure of extreme negative feedback do the right thing you’ll help us sweep it under the rug until the next guy walks through the door and we try to scam him?”

It should not be removed. Everyone should know who you are and what you do.

rzshootr

Badlands
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3 Etron
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would think that the price protection that they refer to here is that 2021 people pushed to 22, will not pay 22 pricing. I don't necesarily believe it has anything to do with 2021 people paying for what they ordered in 21.
Are you saying that if you have a reservation and that if you have converted an order from MY21 to MY22 and therefore qualify for price protection and end up with a 22 model that the dealer can no longer mark up the price? That 22 people will only pay 21 pricing? Which would have to be 21 MSRP?

That would be great! But I seriously doubt it.

Efudd

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What stands out to me (other than their greed) is the fact that they've already piled 300+ miles on your 'new' Bronco.
Wow, 300+ miles on a customer ordered vehicle? Dealerships like this give a bad reputation to all of the other decent ones. I wonder if they turned this into a demo vehicle out of spite.

Sponsored

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Fingers crossed!

I will remove my 1 star google review & respond to my FB message with one of gratitude if they fix it. I am really hoping it works out for you!

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow, 300+ miles on a customer ordered vehicle? Dealerships like this give a bad reputation to all of the other decent ones. I wonder if they turned this into a demo vehicle out of spite.
Or the salesman took it for a weekend trip with his gf

Merbronc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT viper GTS/Cadillac Escalade/Audi A6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
happy for OP on potential positive resolution. However the thought of those low lifes driving my brand new bronco 300 miles bf I got it would forever drive me insane

BoogieMan1

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’ll bet they did. 22 one stars in the past 48hrs. Let them know those reviews will continue until they start practicing honestly.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was under the impression (or I read somewhere) that there is a significant delay between when a dealer receives the vehicle and when they have to pay for it. If they had to fully pay for the vehicle up front, there would be a lot less stock on the dealer lots, and FMC would have a problem with vehicle storage.
The dealership finances inventory.

Sponsored

notbuildingrockets

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond, 2010 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Seems far more official than anything I have seen here. Is this standard practice across the board or just what your dealer does?
Well ideally I'd like to hope that it's standard practice everywhere but all I can say is that's how our dealership operates. It should be the process everywhere, in my opinion, and if I were ordering a vehicle anywhere else, I would never leave without something like this in writing. I would insist on it... You have more of a leg to stand on if you've got detailed numbers and management has signed the agreement. In fact, I can't imagine a dealership trying to mark-up a unit when there's already a signed disclosure.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You may want to review your insurance policy first.

I'm not trying to justify why dealerships think they can act this way, I'm trying to explain their business situation. Negotiations go much better when you understand the other side's constraints. You ask for shit they can give you, not shit they can't.

That's the reason many dealers ask for deposits...why are we trying to justify dealers screwing people again? Folks have waited over a year for their vehicles and I imagine if they were told UP FRONT that they would be paying $10k+ over MSRP they would shop elsewhere.

Me personally, try that shit with me and I'm test driving it into a wall and all you're getting back is a steering wheel.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Lol remove negative feedback. “So if we under the pressure of extreme negative feedback do the right thing you’ll help us sweep it under the rug until the next guy walks through the door and we try to scam him?”

It should not be removed. Everyone should know who you are and what you do.
I was thinking that too.. maybe they will reconsider their current business practice with the realization? Wishful thinking?

Edumakated

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well ideally I'd like to hope that it's standard practice everywhere but all I can say is that's how our dealership operates. It should be the process everywhere, in my opinion, and if I were ordering a vehicle anywhere else, I would never leave without something like this in writing. I would insist on it... You have more of a leg to stand on if you've got detailed numbers and management has signed the agreement. In fact, I can't imagine a dealership trying to mark-up a unit when there's already a signed disclosure.
I hate regulations, but sounds like there needs to be a standardized purchase form like a Loan Estimate that is used when getting a mortgage. Every single bank has to use the same form and once it is disclosed, it can only changed under certain circumstances and must be redisclosed. You can't just add fees/costs without very specific reasons.

Essentially, if you order a vehicle through a dealer, they should be legally required to provide a standardized form that locks in the MSRP/price and makes them disclose any additional fees they will be charging. If it isn't on that form at the time the vehicle is ordered, then they shouldn't be able to charge it.
Sponsored