First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Being a retired cop I had to say that! You know the cop/firefighter rivalry thing!? 😀

What a small world. Congrats on your daughters shooting, I would be proud too! Wishing her and you the best of luck. I learned shooting at Livermore range as a kid too, at the age of 14. Sold my home last year in Livermore and full time in Tahoe now collecting PERS. Worked at LAPD and San Leandro.
Sponsored

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Being a retired cop I had to say that! You know the cop/firefighter rivalry thing!? 😀

What a small world. Congrats on your daughters shooting, I would be proud too! Wishing her and you the best of luck. I learned shooting at Livermore range as a kid too, at the age of 14. Sold my home last year in Livermore and full time in Tahoe now collecting PERS. Worked at LAPD and San Leandro.
You may notice the mismatch in my signature stating Simpsonville, SC, the thread I posted, and well, where I am presently...Folsom. I moved our family to SC in July as I finish out my career as a fire captain with Folsom Fire Dept., just down the hill from you. September 23, 2022 is my punch-out date. Congrats on your move and thanks for your service. Looking forward to being on the other side very soon!!! I'll be driving our current Bronco out to my wife and daughter once mine arrives. My daughter is already crushing it out in SC on her new shooting team. She has now added sporting clays and skeet to her repertoire. Love the sound of her turning money into noise!

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You may notice the mismatch in my signature stating Simpsonville, SC, the thread I posted, and well, where I am presently...Folsom. I moved our family to SC in July as I finish out my career as a fire captain with Folsom Fire Dept., just down the hill from you. September 23, 2022 is my punch-out date. Congrats on your move and thanks for your service. Looking forward to being on the other side very soon!!! I'll be driving our current Bronco out to my wife and daughter once mine arrives. My daughter is already crushing it out in SC on her new shooting team. She has now added sporting clays and skeet to her repertoire. Love the sound of her turning money into noise!
I thank you for your service! My respect is huge for your career. Only had to try to enter a burning building once in uniform and got too scary not being to breath and feeling my wool uniform getting hot, before going back out. Plus my neighborhood was saved due to the firefighting this summer in Tahoe. Stay safe and get to the end and enjoy your home, family and Broncos in retirement.

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So did the op ever find out what was wrong sounds like just a bad sensor

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thx posting your experience. Were you using cruise-control ?

There's another thread w similar reports. Seems they were all using cruise-control at the time. Not sure why that would matter
Yes, he just verified cruise was on when he was driving. Definitely taking it in for service.

Wolfie272

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Jeep Wrangler, 19 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So did the op ever find out what was wrong sounds like just a bad sensor
What kind of question is that? Stick to what’s important man!
What is your employment and/or service history?
What is your definition of PTSD?
What does your wife look like?
I kid. No definitive answer yet. Thanks to the OP for posting, so that we can be aware, and prepared in the event of a similar situation. I’m glad there were no accidents, and everyone was ok.

ILoveTacos

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What kind of question is that? Stick to what’s important man!
What is your employment and/or service history?
What is your definition of PTSD?
What does your wife look like?
I kid. No definitive answer yet. Thanks to the OP for posting, so that we can be aware, and prepared in the event of a similar situation. I’m glad there were no accidents, and everyone was ok.
Actually the OP did post this which indicates to me that they found the issue does it not? - "That was it - Got more info from shop. They replaced the vacuum booster line - ‘known issue’. SSM 50314 (diagnostic P050F I believe). Assuming this will be one of the first of many."

Sponsored

ILoveTacos

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

PTSD can happen from any source of trauma or traumatic experience, however, the OP is 100% not experiencing PTSD from this experience, guaranteed.

Please feel free to challenge me on that, now accepting any and all wagers.
I don't understand the need to be so in your face regarding your opinion on the subject. The OP shared his experience to let others know about a safety issue and you decide to go off on a tangent about how it's not PTSD. No one really cares. You've added nothing of value to the original post other than stirring up a bunch of drama.

Clean68

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Bronco, 2008 Triumph Thuxton
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
yeah I have an FE. Ford didn’t cancel mine, I was a day one reservation and picked it up November 1st. Brakes have gone out twice since. But yeah, mine is the 2.7, so possibly a universal problem.

You have a FE, correct? For some reason, I remember you having to buy your FE on the secondary market because Ford cancelled your reservation. If so, then your problems would be associated with the 2.7.

OP
OP
Oly

Oly

Outer Banks
First Name
TW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Actually the OP did post this which indicates to me that they found the issue does it not? - "That was it - Got more info from shop. They replaced the vacuum booster line - ‘known issue’. SSM 50314 (diagnostic P050F I believe). Assuming this will be one of the first of many."
That is correct. They replaced the vacuum booster line - ‘known issue’. SSM 50314 (diagnostic P050F I believe).

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Wolfie272

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Jeep Wrangler, 19 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting, must have missed it among the back and forth. For those in the “know” about the “known issue”, is the vacuum hose itself actually failing and blocking itself?
If so, replacing with a new hose of the same manufacture does not seem like a great idea. If not, then where does the blockage come from? And how is it addressed?
Or vacuum line, sorry. Using old terminology, but not sure if it’s rubber or rigid here.
Sponsored