Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Badlands/Lux/2.7/now softtop and no bumper hitch for 22. 10/24 reservation holder with Granger after cancelling my other order in August from a local dealer who knew nothing and stole my reservation. Switched it over to Granger, visited the dealership in September along withattending the Bronco Rodeo in September which was awesome BTW. Changed order from Modular top to MIC and recently to soft and deleted tow pkg.
I have been a Ford person for 40 yrs and purchased at least 12 new. This entire allocation process gave me a bad taste but I am hanging on until the end of 22 when I will reassess the situation and Toyota will have the 23 4Runner released. Anyway, my fingers are crossed for now but patience is a virtue I may not have after 2022. Not blaming Granger but Ford!
Same here Jeff. I've been a Ford guy since 1986 with 10 new Fords under my belt. I was one of Fords biggest fanboys until this debacle we call the Bronco. Now I feel the biggest fool. But, as @Montana Bronco said, I've gone from a Ford customer to a Granger customer, and will hang onto my reservation as long as it takes to get that Bronco in my driveway. And, it will quite possibly be the last Ford that rolls in the drive.

Disclaimer: I'm "Married Man", so the wife may not see it that way when she wants a new car. After 43 years I know it will not be advantageous to even try to change her mind. LOL
Sponsored

Bifftws

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Z06 corvette, 2021 Ranger, BMW 328i manual
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have an Oct 2020 Granger reservation. I'm not cancelling it. I'm not trying to move it. I'm not looking to buy a Bronco somewhere else.

I am, however, a little less excited as each month passes. And there will be a LOT of months/years until my turn comes up.

Just wondering what the general consensus of others in the same boat is - staying the course, looking elsewhere, bailing out? (Of course, if folks have already bailed out, they most likely aren't on this board to read this....)
I am a July 15th 2020 reservation and Hunter told me a couple of weeks ago I would be a late 2022 if not early 2023. I was around 170 on their list early fall out of the 1000+. I am a 2 door squatch with a 2.7 so i have lots of constraints against me. If you are a 2 door build you are probably late 2023 to 2024 at Granger.

PrincipalD

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So, this is easy for me to say, but keep the faith that anything can happen. I am a 10/27 Grangetober reservation holder and am scheduled for a build next week (1/10).

I donā€™t understand the Ford Voodoo that made this a possibility. I am thankful and appreciative that it happened. I canā€™t imagine that my build is different than someone ahead of me. I understand the pure luck in this build date.

I was an original OBX, 2.7, Sasquatch, Tow, MIC, etc. In October this year when placing an order for a ā€˜22, I dropped to a non-Sas, 2.3, soft top. I am okay with this swap and that is why I did it. I was willing to hold out - hell, I was expecting a ā€˜23 too.

OP
OP

LS2GTO

Base
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 gto 00 f-250 03 t-bird 70 chevelle 59 tr-3..
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So, this is easy for me to say, but keep the faith that anything can happen. I am a 10/27 Grangetober reservation holder and am scheduled for a build next week (1/10).

I donā€™t understand the Ford Voodoo that made this a possibility. I am thankful and appreciative that it happened. I canā€™t imagine that my build is different than someone ahead of me. I understand the pure luck in this build date.

I was an original OBX, 2.7, Sasquatch, Tow, MIC, etc. In October this year when placing an order for a ā€˜22, I dropped to a non-Sas, 2.3, soft top. I am okay with this swap and that is why I did it. I was willing to hold out - hell, I was expecting a ā€˜23 too.
Wowā€¦!

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did you drop the tow? Mid package only? Just curious how much you stripped out to get the ticket pulled by Ford.

Sponsored

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

10/31 Grangetober res holder.

It was my second res because I viewed my day 1 res as an experiment ... what do I want/need in a Bronco?
2dr sounded cool, will match my 69 Bronco style-wise, was cheap .. etc etc

At any rate the plan was/is ... get the first one ASAP. Learn what you like/hate about it. Drive the piss out of it until the next one comes in.

Ford's plan to screw Granger plays well into my plan to drive this one for a year or two.

I already know the next will be a more door ... they just do everything better ... except turn, LOL

... it will be an auto because HoosierDaughter will have learned manuals well enough by then, I hope.

Hoping better trim packages come out by the time I'm ready, like, just include Mid on the Big Bends and up already.

... or I may just scrap it all and buy a F250. Will probably be buyng my Dad's Ranger boat from him in the near future. I will need a tow vehicle.

PrincipalD

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did you drop the tow? Mid package only? Just curious how much you stripped out to get the ticket pulled by Ford.
I dropped the tow and stuck with Lux, 4A/4.27, and aux switches. Otherwise a pretty basic build. I really canā€™t make sense of this happening. I have searched threads for other October reservation holders getting pulled and get nothing. Again, canā€™t imagine my build being so different than an early reservation holder that mine magically made it.

Lainez

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas, F-150 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had 7/15 reservation with Serramonte. Did not want or need the truck until Q3 2022.

Based on Fords initial allocation formula and estimated trucks per year, I cancelled the first order and kept my October reservation.

So now I am part of the screwed crew. Assuming the new allocation sticks for the whole year and goes into next year, that means no truck for me until 23/24.

So now I am considering an F150 Tremor (3% under invoice with Granger), keeping an eye on the new Tundra, maybe a 2023 4Runner.
This sucks.

JMV123

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F350/2015 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same here Jeff. I've been a Ford guy since 1986 with 10 new Fords under my belt. I was one of Fords biggest fanboys until this debacle we call the Bronco. Now I feel the biggest fool. But, as @Montana Bronco said, I've gone from a Ford customer to a Granger customer, and will hang onto my reservation as long as it takes to get that Bronco in my driveway. And, it will quite possibly be the last Ford that rolls in the drive.

Disclaimer: I'm "Married Man", so the wife may not see it that way when she wants a new car. After 43 years I know it will not be advantageous to even try to change her mind. LOL
I agree but I am on in years, medical issues and my hour glass is running out of sand so sooner or later I have to pick up another vehicle. The Granger folks have been great and that is why I chose them and they are 1100 miles away! It is not just buying a Bronco but ā€œcustomer serviceā€ which seems absent in the auto industry these days. Anyway, in the meantime I am hanging with Granger and I have my fingers crossedšŸ¤ž

Sponsored

JMV123

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F350/2015 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wowā€¦!
I dropped the tow and stuck with Lux, 4A/4.27, and aux switches. Otherwise a pretty basic build. I really canā€™t make sense of this happening. I have searched threads for other October reservation holders getting pulled and get nothing. Again, canā€™t imagine my build being so different than an early reservation holder that mine magically made it.
Finally a shining light! Congrats!

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As I recall from maybe five months ago, Zach wrote that one of the October orders got pulled in an update thread and he had zero clue as to why or words to that effect. So, while at least one has been done before yours, you are still in a pretty rare position

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Time and money and a great buying experience. There are those who wake up one day and say ā€œ I think Iā€™ll buy a new car todayā€ . Then there are those who ā€œresearch , read, look at a vehicle over and overā€ before they buy. If one is patient and know what they want- one could actually try to time their next vehicle purchase ( not necessarily a Bronco but maybe a Ford Lightning for late 2024 or 2025). As long as one knows allocations and reservation numbers such a calculation is reasonably possible.
As for me my Granger experience so far has been the most pleasant car buying experience and Iā€™ve been buying cars since the early 70ā€™s.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

First congrats on getting a golden ticket. But I wouldn't consider a Lux OBX with 4A and rear locker a basic build. If you had stripped it down to a Mid OBX with open rear diff (part time 4wd), then I would agree with you. Seems to be no rhyme or reason as you surmised that there should be an earlier reservation with a similar build. But that presumption maybe wrong and all the other orders ahead are 2-dr(MIC)/Badlands/Sasquatch/Tow/4-dr MIC (seems that Lux is no longer a constraint).

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
As I recall from maybe five months ago, Zach wrote that one of the October orders got pulled in an update thread and he had zero clue as to why or words to that effect. So, while at least one has been done before yours, you are still in a pretty rare position
That was probably mine (runs and hides)

My reservation was Oct 31, when the shit really hit the fan with the hard tops and Zach suggested a BB soft top could get scheduled I made the change. Original order was OBX, 4 door, MIC Locker, 4A. Changed it to the most basic of Big Bends - 4 door soft top, mid, nav.
Sponsored