Sponsored

Why are they saying Bronco's resale value is so terrible?

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
No one (with any sense) will be bailing out current ADM spenders down the road. Otherwise, I'd expect Bronco to hold value similar to Wrangler, with these two caveats: 1) If Bronco doesn't become known for issues including longer term bum hardtops, 2) If there is not some sea change with electric where petrol vehicles become less desirable. (The latter is going to eventually happen, just not sure when.)
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
With all of the issues known about 2021 Broncos, you'd be a fool to buy one in 5 years. Do a search on 2021 Bronco Issues and the future you would get a 2022 at a minimum, just to be safe.

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
the current economy has broken every model.

depreciation is taken from MSRP, most cars transact 5-10k under MSRP as general policy. this shows up as "depreciation", but its being paid by the OEM.

Wrangler is the exception (so is tesla) they dont put traditional incentives, so their residual % looks great.

in any case, time will tell for bronco. Wrangler enjoyed zero competition for 2 decades, and strong demand. will the bronco mean both cars will eventually need to discount to compete for the same pool of buyers? TBD. if that happens, you'll see the wrangler cost of ownership climb. If not, bronco will fall.

PaulBrownSr

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borrowing lol
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you’re keeping it long term, why does it matter?
This is how I feel. I plan on driving mine till the wheels fall off.

With all of the issues known about 2021 Broncos, you'd be a fool to buy one in 5 years. Do a search on 2021 Bronco Issues and the future you would get a 2022 at a minimum, just to be safe.
I thought there weren’t really very many differences between the 21 and 22.

Sponsored

mdfilip

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Shelby GT350, 22 Bronco BL, 29 Ford Roadster
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
once they build all these Broncos they will be worthless

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let's get "them" on a Zoom call to discuss. I'm good at 4 pm. Anyone have any conflicts?

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I can definitely see this for any early model for sure. Put yourself as a used car buyer with all the early issues you would be crazy to buy an early model. Want to have one now, pay a premium and deal with the issues is totally understandable but I would not expect it to keep value. If I were buying something to hold and gain value in 10 years a 392 extreme rubicon would be top of my list. Last vehicles with a V8 and solid axles will be a novelty. Soon most cars will be electric with monster torque so the sounds and experience of the V8 is more important than ride and performance. A v8 mustang would also be high on my list.

Tunagates

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Comparing a Wildtrak to an similarly priced Rubicon, they are saying the Bronco will depreciate double the amount of a Wrangler ($27k over 5 years vs $13k)?

I know there's a shortage now and you can sell a used one above MSRP, but I was planning to keep mine long term (5+ years) so now I'm a little concerned.

Ford Bronco Why are they saying Bronco's resale value is so terrible? talking ass

Ford Bronco Why are they saying Bronco's resale value is so terrible? talking ass
This is the dumbest shit (not directed at OP) - resale value / depreciation is based on data - there is no data for depreciation in 5 years 🤣😂.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I thought there weren’t really very many differences between the 21 and 22.
There’s not, but if you were researching a used car, the 2022 is probably going to look better to you because of all the negative stuff written about the 2021.

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is the dumbest shit (not directed at OP) - resale value / depreciation is based on data - there is no data for depreciation in 5 years 🤣😂.
well... there are forecasts. ALG is the industry standard for these forecasts, it is how automakers price, package, and sell leases.

theres assumptions, but they arent complete guesses.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Comparing a Wildtrak to an similarly priced Rubicon, they are saying the Bronco will depreciate double the amount of a Wrangler ($27k over 5 years vs $13k)?

I know there's a shortage now and you can sell a used one above MSRP, but I was planning to keep mine long term (5+ years) so now I'm a little concerned.

My advice is to get what you really want the most, future value be damned. Life is too short (ask me how I know) and uncertain to worry about the value of a reintroduced vehicle in several years. Buy what makes your heart happy.

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thousands of first time buyers of this type, expecting their $50,000 vehicles not to have wind noise, not to leak water, to drive like a sedan, who realize their wives need a step stool to get in and out, those who bought two doors expecting putting a baby in the back seat would be a minor inconvenience........as well as those that wanted hard tops and settled for soft tops. Yes, I can see the novelty wearing out quickly, for quite a few people.
This.

I sold used cars as a licensed Pennsylvania dealer for 25 years, beginning in the 1980s.

Depreciation will depend upon public perception. If Ford screws the pooch and some of these Bronco issues go viral, look out. I lived through the Audi 5000 fiasco, if you don't know what that was, look it up.

Jeep has/had high resale as there was a lack of real competition. If Bronco turns out to be a reliable vehicle, resale should be decent. Look at the FJ Cruiser. Bronco and Jeep prices will both drop as now there is more choices for similar vehicles.

By 23-24 when the market stabilizes all 21-22 broncos will drop significantly in value. Even MSRP is too much to pay, let alone ADM. Once used Broncos hit the normal used car market at normal used car prices, values will drop, how much? Too soon to tell.
Sponsored