Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On order: 2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well thats the trick. That other company's top didn't have any moving parts on it and it was $9k if I remember right. If Jeep and Ford make these by the 10,000s and charge $3-5k, not sure what a smaller company can do it for. We will wait and see.
good point!

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

15 minute countdown!

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the slant back, but would buy a straight up version as well..could you check and see if it would fit the doors in the back like the OEM version would?

Ford Bronco ADV Fiberglass - Bronco Hardtop Teaser - Part 1 1641858597456

Sponsored

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the slant back, but would buy a straight up version as well..could you check and see if it would fit the doors in the back like the OEM version would?

1641858597456.jpeg
Genuine question: what is your use case for putting the doors in the back? It's cool that it can be done, but seems like quite the commitment. You have zero storage and risk damaging them. To me it's either the doors are off and at home, or on the car. I just can't think of a scenario where I would pack them in the back.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Genuine question: what is your use case for putting the doors in the back? It's cool that it can be done, but seems like quite the commitment. You have zero storage and risk damaging them. To me it's either the doors are off and at home, or on the car. I just can't think of a scenario where I would pack them in the back.
I don’t think they will get damaged, they are all strapped down in the back..but if I’m driving out on a weekend trip...I will probably take the doors off at my destination, I won’t be traveling with them off from my house, and then I will put them back on for my return trip..this could be a 2 -6 hour trip. There are only 2 of us, so any luggage, camping gear etc would be unloaded at the destination.

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I stopped by my dealer a few days ago to order some parts for my bronco (grill, black pony and the all weather mats and asked about the hard top. The guy at parts counter gave me a quote of close to $8500 for all 4 sections of the roof as they are all sold individually. Was told based on the notes they have it be a few weeks for it to show up. But damn when I changed my bronco on to the soft top only $650 came off the price. I was expecting a 4k or so price tag not a 8k+ lol. Hopefully aftermarket can get that price down.
That’s similar to the roof rack situation. By the piece it’s way more expensive. The full kit will be significantly cheaper. Expect $5k. The soft top is around $4k.

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A bit too eager I see, don't start dancing until you see the price...... :) you might :( LOL
I’m just glad someone is addressing this other than Ford. Options are good. If they don’t deliver, I’ll wait till the next company does something. Gotta love a free market.

Reactions: Los

Thurmy7

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban, Tacoma, Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If that's the case, Ford "had" one of those. I'm anxious to see who gets to market first.
And I had an order for a hard top from Ford but had to change it to a soft-top in September to get my Rapid Red last year. It worked, and I'm glad I changed... but I still want a hard top eventually from someone.

pimpjuice

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Correct. My point, and I realize now that I was unclear, is that if ADV keeps it handmade (I have no idea what their manufacturing processes are) they may have the ability to make a product on par with the pre-production Webasto tops that didn't have any issues. But those tops were produced in Germany... by Germans... who aren't known for their attention to detail or anything...
If it's handmade, it's definitely not going to be around $4k like members on here think.
Sponsored