Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Webasto sucks, plain and simple. At this rate 3rd parties will have good hard tops ready before many day 2 people even get built. I guess many of us will have to fork over the premium they will cost if we want our vehicles this century.
I never thought this would be an option, but its getting there lol
Sponsored

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You’re fine, the scheduling happens this week for Bronco’s to be built over the 5 weeks from 2/28 to 3/28. Basically between 12,500 and 15,000 Bronco orders will find out this week when their vehicles will be built. The others will still be waiting in line, hoping to get picked next month.
If you don’t get an email it means you didn’t get an email and you MAY not be scheduled - Fords communications are poor at best - use the trackers if you have a reservation number or call your dealer to see what updates they might have.

Aggie2000

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We had that data back in March of 2021, more orders converted after that, some cancellations happened, and of course anyone can walk in to a Ford dealer and place an order today.
So do you think the 160K is through March of 2021 then? If you had to guess, how many reservations were made those first two months in 2020 (Jul-Aug ???).

MtnRanger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I took my tow off last December....now my only sins are Lux and MIC....have a reservation from a year ago and already had to re-order a 2022 last Oct.....I'm sacrificing a live chicken and running naked in the moonlight screaming loudly to warn away all the evil negative spirits....hey -- it is a full moon after all!
Shit, same two sins. I need to up my sacrifice game. I'll sacrifice my dog's balls.

GroovyGhost

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So do you think the 160K is through March of 2021 then? If you had to guess, how many reservations were made those first two months in 2020 (Jul-Aug ???).
Unfortunately I can't recall where, but somewhere along the way I read that 50% of those 160K reservations happened in the first week after the unveil in July 2020. And 120k converted, and they sold 35k Broncos in 2021. Well, there's a ways to go.

Sponsored

Kekov721

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealer said I'm still not previewing yet :rolleyes:

Aggie2000

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unfortunately I can't recall where, but somewhere along the way I read that 50% of those 160K reservations happened in the first week after the unveil in July 2020. And 120k converted, and they sold 35k Broncos in 2021. Well, there's a ways to go.
They have sold 35K through Dec, but they had produced 50K. I would assume maybe 10K of the 50K are not related to orders as they are used as mannequins or for the Bronco Off Rodeos. That leaves 85K orders outstanding, which takes us through August at the earliest to fulfill.

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They have sold 35K through Dec, but they had produced 50K. I would assume maybe 10K of the 50K are not related to orders as they are used as mannequins or for the Bronco Off Rodeos. That leaves 85K orders outstanding, which takes us through August at the earliest to fulfill.
That have sold about 45k, the 35k is in the US only - don’t forget our friends up north. 85 minus 45 is 40, they are making 10k a month - now these will not all be reservations if half are then 8 months is a good number.

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Second Wabasto plant coming on line in a few months.
That would definitely help... but even without a second Webasto plant, I would think things should be getting back to "normal-ish" already since...

1. They were able to ramp up 2.0 production enough to clear out the MIC 1.0 backlog (i.e., by slowing HT production they basically built and fixed 6 months of tops in 3 months to catch up)... and

2. In the meantime, many people voluntarily switched to soft tops to get theirs built more quickly.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if both of those are even remotely correct... and if there are no new glitches 🙄, then the MIC top production should be able to keep up with "normal" production levels... especially since there are now more softies in the queue than originally planned for. I don't see why they shouldn't already be close to cranking out MICs as fast as they originally planned.

... and it's possible the second plant is coming online to prepare for MY23 - Mod/Dual/White Heritage tops?... still, even without a second plant, there should be point soon (in MY22) at which there's enough capacity such that the MIC production is no longer an issue/constraint.

I know logic is a rarity in this debacle, but... 🤔

Sponsored

idobleedblue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4-door Badlands Sasquatch Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Shit, same two sins. I need to up my sacrifice game. I'll sacrifice my dog's balls.
Don’t do it. I have all of those sins… tow, MIC, LUX, and more and I still got my VIN last week. Don’t settle, man. You can do it. Don’t sacrifice the balls!!!

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Pilot, 2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

=========================================================

What was it - a 4dr softop, if not Yes pitchforks, Thx
Haha. Yea 4dr soft top. Total “give in to the constraints” build.

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
2. In the meantime, many people voluntarily switched to soft tops to get theirs built more quickly.
This is something I'm quite curious about that I suspect we will never know the true effect of until well after the fact. I know a moderate number on here switched to bump their build dates, and I know my dealer certainly made it known that a soft top would almost certainly bump you up in the 'line' at that dealership, but I know neither of these samples are necessarily indicative of the country-wide trend.

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That would definitely help... but even without a second Webasto plant, I would think things should be getting back to "normal-ish" already since...

1. They were able to ramp up 2.0 production enough to clear out the MIC 1.0 backlog (i.e., by slowing HT production they basically built and fixed 6 months of tops in 3 months to catch up)... and

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if both of those are even remotely correct... and if there are no new glitches 🙄, then the MIC top production should be able to keep up with "normal" production levels... especially since there are now more softies in the queue than originally planned for. I don't see why they shouldn't already be close to cranking out MICs as fast as they originally planned.

... and it's possible the second plant is coming online to prepare for MY23 - Mod/Dual/White Heritage tops?... still, even without a second plant, there should be point soon (in MY22) at which there's enough capacity such that the MIC production is no longer an issue/constraint.

I know logic is a rarity in this debacle, but... 🤔
As a guy with an 8/20 reservation for a MIC top, the more the merrier. I don’t think we’ll hit theoretical plant capacity any time soon. The “constrained” volume (the next most constrained item after tops) may not even be enough to fill the second Webasto plant. I’m going off a Detroit Free Press article from August … aren’t the non-MIC tops starting in ‘23?

Generally I agree that things appear to be better - I seem to be seeing more early reservations being filled and I would say more MIC’s too. To you point it was impressive they were apparently able to support line production and clean out the bulk(?) of dirt mountain. I am hoping for mid-year delivery.

Last edited:

meltat

Badlands
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good luck all. I was a 2/21 build, already moved back to 3/7. I don't think the build date is encouraging beyond at least getting confirmation that you are in line. Not that I actually got an email from Ford at all...
Which packages did you order and did you keep the hardtop?
Sponsored