Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Understatement of the day.

Shows the importance of getting a purchase agreement before the order is placed I guess. BUT, water under the bridge for most of us at this point.
This is not proving to be beneficial in a lot of scenarios. Ppl have gotten the agreements etc and dealerships are still trying to pull this stuff. Only when ppl start mass reviewing the dealership have they been changing their tune
Sponsored

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The only way to get a Deal on a Bronco without ADM is ordering it, not when it’s already on the lot. You could go to dealer and negotiate and then order in person, or email, phone, text, private message work too. You just need an agreement on the deal. I admit that for another car that’s not in demand, has been available for a while and without manufacturing issues, a face to face is always eventful. Nothing like walking away from the deal and having them chase after you Out to the parking lot after speaking to their manager lol. Why do we have to buy cars like this?!?
Because the government says we have to. LOL.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP, sucks for you, so sorry to hear about this.

I'd say the people waving their signed agreements around had nothing to worry about in the first place, they are dealing with a reputable dealer that wasn't going to screw them so they said, sure why not, here's our agreement. Or they said, like mine, don't worry, we don't operate like that and actually really are good.

I'd be willing to bet a shady dealer wouldn't allow an "agreement" to be signed or have no intention of honoring it anyway. Oh we're sorry, Joe doesn't work here anymore, that "agreement" is not longer good. Oh, we're sorry, the person that signed it wasn't authorized to make that "agreement", etc..........Then they sell your Bronco to the next guy in line with ZERO negative consequences to them, while you're running around contacting the AG and pulling your hair out for nothing as the car is gone.

It's been over 18 months since I reserved my Bronco, what if I had a signed agreement with my salesman (who actually no longer works there)? Then what?? You can take these agreements and put them under your pillow and sleep better at night but when the car comes off the truck is when the rubber hits the road.

Has anyone here bought a car and finished the deal and all paperwork with the salesman? I guess it happens, but for the new cars I've bought you go into the "backroom" and that's where the paperwork is actually completed. Undercoating, paint sealant, interior protection, key warranty, rim warranty, extended warranty, trade in, leasing, buying, LoJack, window etching, N2 in the tires, etc.

Oh, go ahead and leave a few bad reviews the auto industry is probably tied for Congress in last place for "likability". Does anyone even look at them?

croyco

Black Diamond
First Name
croydon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hello Bronco6G Community. It is with a heavy heart and an empty garage that I share with you that Lawley Ford in Sierra Vista, Arizona canceled my Bronco order on 1/19/22, just 2 weeks from delivery (scheduled 1/31/22 - 2/6/22). For those of you who have followed the previous thread of you know that I challenged the dealership on the unnecessary "accessories" fees that included nitrogen air, window tint, a "karr" alarm and door edge guards for $1496.00 that were listed on my buyer's agreement. I asked that they remove the fees because I was not going to pay for unnecessary items that I neither need, nor want. Instead of reaching a compromise, such as the one I suggested in an email to the sales manager, the GM called me himself and said that he is cancelling my order because he cannot make me satisfied. Again, my deliver date is on or before 2/6/22!! So they get a brand new 2022 Ford Bronco to sell to another customer and I get nothing--after waiting nearly a year? How is that ok?

If you have not followed the previous thread, feel free to take a look: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ecessary-accessory-package.33789/post-1130402

At this point, I don't know if there is anything I can do other than what I have already done? I've left an accurate Google Review, contacted the AGs Office, BBB, "3 on your side," which is a local consumer support television station, and called every Ford customer service number I could find. I've reached out to local papers and Military/Veteran support groups (I'm a combat Veteran and served in the Gulf War). I'm open to suggestions at this point.
I had a bad feeling about this dealership months ago and requested a dealership transfer that never happened--unfortunately. And for those of you who don't know, I did my research (so I thought) and chose this dealership to support small, ,rural, family-owned business, which is 3 1/2 hours from my house over the 4 Ford dealerships within 20 minutes of my house!

@Ford, I would love for you to step in and make this right. How can a dealership cancel a Bronco two-weeks from delivery without the customer's consent? And nothing in writing. There was no additional negotiation or compromise, just a phone call "we're cancelling your order and there is nothing you can do."
I assume you have a written document with a down payment attached that details your buy and a order number from Ford.
If so get a attorney and sue the crap out of them.
If not, your screwed. Also in the fine print of the order with Ford it states that you don't own rights to the car until delivered.
My 2dr was built on the 14th of Dec and has been sitting in as out lot in Wayne ever since. No idea when it will ship to the dealer.

Sponsored

Thunderpriest

Outer Banks
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevrolet Impala
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
See, it is threads like this that get my anxiety up for when my own Bronco is produced. < Aug 13, 2020 reservation, March 19, 2021 order conversion. >
I have had little contact with my sales rep, other than a few face to face meetings and phone calls. (My Bronco reservation was converted to an order on the last possible day when I called to check it's status...the dealer has never initiated contact with me.) Honestly...my sales rep knows less about the Bronco than I do, and that is 100% due to this forum.
I have spoken with the sales rep about my concerns of ADM, etc. and was assured that they do not mark them up....especially since I will be using the Z plan.
I did get him to initial the build sheet...but I have not had any conversations regarding an official purchase agreement, as I assumed that would take place upon delivery.
See...like many others here, I have never purchased a vehicle via reservation. I had assumed throughout this process that I was basically purchasing the vehicle directly from Ford, and the local dealer was the necessary middle-man as the local point of delivery. It never occurred to me that the dealer may add "accessories" or an ADM.
This confusion due to the sloppy reservation and delivery system has caused a lot of unnecessary anxiety and frustration from a community that ravenously wants the product.
I don't think Ford could've screwed this up more if it had been intentional.
I have always been a Ford fan (my father worked for Ford for more than 35 years) but this is definitely tarnishing the Blue Oval.

mcrank

Wildtrak
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On order: 2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mine is supposed to arrive at Surprise Ford within the next week or so. I called them on Tuesday to see if I could come in and take care of financing before it comes in. They said no. They did assure me that they aren't doing any market adjustment mark-ups.

BUT.

They did say all of they're new vehicles have a $3K addendum. He said the items on it are negotiable, but I don't know if they're willing to take it all off. So keep that in mind.
Hey! Good to hear from fellow Surprise Ford customer. Yes, the finance guy told me that too, and that it was negotiable the items on there. I’m cool with that. I just don’t want them saying “we never said that”. And on the financing, I’m getting mine through a credit Union and they have to have the purchase write up so how are they going to deny us that so we can line up our financing ahead of time?

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
See, it is threads like this that get my anxiety up for when my own Bronco is produced. < Aug 13, 2020 reservation, March 19, 2021 order conversion. >
I have had little contact with my sales rep, other than a few face to face meetings and phone calls. (My Bronco reservation was converted to an order on the last possible day when I called to check it's status...the dealer has never initiated contact with me.) Honestly...my sales rep knows less about the Bronco than I do, and that is 100% due to this forum.
I have spoken with the sales rep about my concerns of ADM, etc. and was assured that they do not mark them up....especially since I will be using the Z plan.
I did get him to initial the build sheet...but I have not had any conversations regarding an official purchase agreement, as I assumed that would take place upon delivery.
See...like many others here, I have never purchased a vehicle via reservation. I had assumed throughout this process that I was basically purchasing the vehicle directly from Ford, and the local dealer was the necessary middle-man as the local point of delivery. It never occurred to me that the dealer may add "accessories" or an ADM.
This confusion due to the sloppy reservation and delivery system has caused a lot of unnecessary anxiety and frustration from a community that ravenously wants the product.
I don't think Ford could've screwed this up more if it had been intentional.
I have always been a Ford fan (my father worked for Ford for more than 35 years) but this is definitely tarnishing the Blue Oval.
You have reason to be worried.
Look ive had my bronco since october and i bought it with invoice pricing. I recognize I'm lucky. Love the vehicle but despite my luck and success with the Bronco, I'll never forget this horrid buying experience. And I'm not talking about the delays. They gave me 220k points for the delays. I have no gripe about that. They made amends and didn't really even have to. It's the whole dealer process that I find to be ridiculous!
Hey! Good to hear from fellow Surprise Ford customer. Yes, the finance guy told me that too, and that it was negotiable the items on there. I’m cool with that. I just don’t want them saying “we never said that”. And on the financing, I’m getting mine through a credit Union and they have to have the purchase write up so how are they going to deny us that so we can line up our financing ahead of time?
Are you positive your credit union needs that? My credit union was super easy to work with

Sweetooth710

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford stopped penalizing dealers that didn't have a name match the sale of the vehicle. In the beginning I believe they couldn't go over 20% of Broncos not sold to a reservation holder. Then it went to 40% and now I doubt they are even keeping track.

Ford is absolutely enabling this behavior. It was way late in the game (October reorder for 2022 MY) when Ford announced to get a purchase agreement at your dealer. About this time Levine said too bad to some that went with a discount with many orders. If you do not like your dealer's allocations then find a dealer that had a better allocation. Good luck finding a dealer that would tell you. Then you had to get approval from Ford to change dealers??? Oh and those that did try and change Ford wouldn't let them (I think only one person was able to change on this forum)

We basically got held hostage by our dealer selection. Many didn't think to get a purchase agreement. The dealers have us by the balls and they know it. Some are fair some are not.

Ford needed to set pricing parameters for all dealers. Maybe something like MSRP +/- $3000. Dealers could make more profit or offer a deal but no one would get too screwed. Probably would have evened out the reservations a bit more. Ford also needed to punish dealers with the name match plan they originally had in place. By not doing so the dealer can sell your vehicle to anyone they want at any price they want.

Ford screwed the individual too many times on this Bronco.
I was actually able to switch dealers after initially being told no by ford with no explanation. I waited another month or so called again and they said “sure!” But yes, this whole thing has been a shit show. No dealer would reveal allocation numbers to me so I chose what I think is a large dealer in my area and because they signed a purchase agreement for msrp… Meanwhile I’ve ordered another Bronco and that dealer continues to say I’m locked in @ msrp yet, refuses to sign a purchase agreement after I was told they can sign one once my vehicle is scheduled. Both my broncos are scheduled for 2/21 so stay tuned for the finale of Will My Dealer Screw Me this February!

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No, no, no. MSRP is the "suggested" price. You as the buyer, need to negotiate with the seller, the actual sale price.

Edit: sorry if I misread you. If you meant MSRP is like a place to start like a reference point, and negotiation is required to arrive at the actual agreed price, (which typically is lower but could be higher), then we agree.
that was my point, its where both parties begin the negotiations.

Sponsored

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Where are you coming up with 3-10%? I’m not a fan of most dealers but your understanding of how new vehicles are sold is woefully incorrect. My dealer has been an excellent partner on the many transaction I have had over the year with them and we talk a lot about the business end of selling cars. Everyone on here pretends like all dealers are raging assholes and ford has no culpability in all of this. They (ford) set the margins and selling price for dealers on their vehicles and a lot of time the difference between msrp is minuscule when you compare it to the money that is spent or required to be spent by the manufacturer on physical requirements Ect. My wife’s bronco sport obx had 800 dollars of profit from invoice to sticker. The ford Mach E has 3% profit from ford and you can’t mark it up. He sold a 70k F-series a few weeks ago and by the time he got done “negotiating” with the buyer and paying for everything he made 700 bucks. Between paying employees and for physical infrastructure running a dealership is expensive. Is it profitable? Yes but it’s not what the majority of people on here think it is. It would be great if like Tesla you just pay sticker and moved on. There were no “discounts” or special financing but that is what the competition in the market of dealers has done. If suddenly all dealers were gone over half the country would have no place to work, schedule to get service, look at inventory or test drive a car. Ford wouldn’t have 3000 locations they would have 300 and there wouldn’t be options for getting your car fixed other than ford and you would be at their mercy to pay whatever they wanted buying or servicing. Just take two seconds and think about that. Dealers get screwed by ford having to buy and floorplan lots of shit cars because ford can do that to them. I see no problem with dealers taking advantage of market conditions in certain situations. Right now everything we buy on a daily basis is being marked up and it is usually because the person selling it to us can not because they are passing cost along to us. Ford charges Shelby dealers a “Shelby tax” on top of the money you have to pay to be a Shelby dealer. Ford only allocates raptors to certain dealers and just like this whole allocation snafu once again ford. In a perfect world you should be able to walk into any ford dealer and order what you want and buy from there but that isn’t how it works. My dealer got 6 bronco allocations last year he was able to fill 5 including mine Bc of the Mic top issue. Just like with Stephen’s and granger it’s bs FORD screwed those guys by changing the allocation system and in turn screwed a lot of the people on here but let’s remember those guys were trying to game the system too and it wasn’t for the good of the customer it was for profit. Yes they are great dealers and treat people right but they also did the math and realized they could make more money selling in bulk at a discount. Just think about that.
3-10% is based per model, not across the board. dealers are ABSOLUTLY making more then $700 per vehicle. I'm a gov employee and we can opt into a thing called national buyers service for all sorts of things. I used it to get my wife a 2014 and then 2017 escapes. I can lease or buy at 2% above list which is lower then msrp and shaved 3k off the top each time.

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Don’t need a VIN, just need an order to tie the agreement to. Now, don’t get me wrong, there are some dealers who will refuse to draft up a purchase agreement until a VIN has been generated. They do that to protect themselves obviously… but that’s when it is time to find a new dealer.

Usually this agreement comes in the form of a buyer’s order, but some dealers just use their normal purchase agreement form.

True, but if there is documented pricing that has been agreed upon up front, then you can approach Ford for help. Ford can lean on the agreement they have with dealers that prohibits a lot of these actions dealers are pulling.

If pricing hasn’t been agreed upon, then you are basically SOL.

What has been happening is people get a informal verbal agreement, or they signed the WBDO sheet which only lists MSRP, or they only get the purchase agreement after the vehicle has been built, or any number of different tactics dealers use to ensure they can control pricing.

Obviously this should have never been an issue to begin with, dealers shouldnt be using these tactics at all. But there is nothing in Ford’s dealership agreement that says the dealer and customer must agree upon pricing when the vehicle is ordered.
reservation and order number ties it all together....

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

An understated part of the problem is how Ford has made it near-impossible to move a reservation to a different dealer once the order is made. So post-order, you are locked into a dealer and are entirely at their mercy if you intend to keep your reservation. They can contact you 4 months before you get a VIN and say "hey we are tacking on $5k ADM", and there's very little you can do, outside of arguing with them, threatening their reputation, or the small chance that Ford corporate will help you.

"You shoulda had a signed purchase agreement, bro" isn't helpful advice for people who ordered in Jan 2021. I think people also overestimate how many dealerships were willing to provide such a thing in January 2021, and how solid such agreements really are. Even if the dealer intends those documents to be ironclad, we've seen dealerships get bought out and the buyers invalidating all previous agreements. Maybe you can fight it in court, but by that point the customer experience is already absolutely miserable -- which is something Ford should care about.

As painful as it might feel, people have to be willing to abandon the reservations they have been holding for 18 months, if their dealer turns out to be a scammer. Ford has demonstrated that it barely gives a damn about the reservations anyway.
Sponsored