indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why is this particular narrative, which is essentially blaming the victim of dealer practices, still ongoing? Find something useful to say to people who have been treated poorly, rather than sounding like the grandmother on Downton Abbey.
1642765072260.png
I think some of us are just incredulous, that not only did buyers not nail down a price when ordering, but apparently some did not even have that basic negotiation with the salesperson. It's like car buying 101. There is no set price, rather the buyer and seller negotiate and agree on a price. This is nothing new.

My useful thing to say is - research, research, research. Before buying my first new car a couple years ago, I spent many hours reading up, and watching YouTube videos on how to buy a new car, and what to watch out for. It was so helpful. A new car is one of the most expensive purchases a person will make in life - spend time getting prepared!

Ford Bronco Dealership Canceled/Stole My Bronco Order 2 weeks from delivery 1642773189219
Sponsored

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford stopped penalizing dealers that didn't have a name match the sale of the vehicle. In the beginning I believe they couldn't go over 20% of Broncos not sold to a reservation holder. Then it went to 40% and now I doubt they are even keeping track.

Ford is absolutely enabling this behavior. It was way late in the game (October reorder for 2022 MY) when Ford announced to get a purchase agreement at your dealer. About this time Levine said too bad to some that went with a discount with many orders. If you do not like your dealer's allocations then find a dealer that had a better allocation. Good luck finding a dealer that would tell you. Then you had to get approval from Ford to change dealers??? Oh and those that did try and change Ford wouldn't let them (I think only one person was able to change on this forum)

We basically got held hostage by our dealer selection. Many didn't think to get a purchase agreement. The dealers have us by the balls and they know it. Some are fair some are not.

Ford needed to set pricing parameters for all dealers. Maybe something like MSRP +/- $3000. Dealers could make more profit or offer a deal but no one would get too screwed. Probably would have evened out the reservations a bit more. Ford also needed to punish dealers with the name match plan they originally had in place. By not doing so the dealer can sell your vehicle to anyone they want at any price they want.

Ford screwed the individual too many times on this Bronco.
so let me get this straight... on top of the 3-10% dealers already make on vehicles plus the vig they get for the financing, your good with giving them another 3k on top of that? keep in mind that during lean times dealers couldn't discount vehicles enough to clear inventories....

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think some of us are just incredulous, that not only did buyers not nail down a price when ordering, but apparently some did not even have that basic negotiation with the salesperson. It's like car buying 101. There is no set price, rather the buyer and seller negotiate and agree on a price. This is nothing new.

My useful thing to say is - research, research, research. Before buying my first new car a couple years ago, I spent many hours reading up, and watching YouTube videos on how to buy a new car, and what to watch out for. It was so helpful. A new car is one of the most expensive purchases a person will make in life - spend time getting prepared!

Ford Bronco Dealership Canceled/Stole My Bronco Order 2 weeks from delivery 1642773189219
MSRP is the set price. It's where all the negotiating starts....

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I wonder if this is how they can get negative reviews removed from Google since we are technically not customers.
I'm sure it's a coached move for negative google reviews.

It's like - what if my wife has a different last name so my name isn't in your system? It's a wafer thin excuse to hide from being pathetic pieces of shit not worthy of my butthole.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Post your signed DORA from the dealership. Only 1 forum member has ever produced this when they ride on their high horse like you are doing.

Go on now - post the DORA and prove me wrong.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
MSRP is the set price. It's where all the negotiating starts....
No, no, no. MSRP is the "suggested" price. You as the buyer, need to negotiate with the seller, the actual sale price.

Edit: sorry if I misread you. If you meant MSRP is like a place to start like a reference point, and negotiation is required to arrive at the actual agreed price, (which typically is lower but could be higher), then we agree.

Last edited:

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No, no, no. MSRP is the "suggested" price. You as the buyer, need to negotiate with the seller, the actual sale price.
Still waiting on that signed DORA indio......

CJ1064

Badlands
First Name
Clifford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why would I have a signed DORA, when I don't have a Bronco order?
Ahh so you have no idea what its like to reserve a vehicle and wait for over a year and then get screwed at the goal line by a greedy dealer.

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello Bronco6G Community. It is with a heavy heart and an empty garage that I share with you that Lawley Ford in Sierra Vista, Arizona canceled my Bronco order on 1/19/22, just 2 weeks from delivery (scheduled 1/31/22 - 2/6/22). For those of you who have followed the previous thread of you know that I challenged the dealership on the unnecessary "accessories" fees that included nitrogen air, window tint, a "karr" alarm and door edge guards for $1496.00 that were listed on my buyer's agreement. I asked that they remove the fees because I was not going to pay for unnecessary items that I neither need, nor want. Instead of reaching a compromise, such as the one I suggested in an email to the sales manager, the GM called me himself and said that he is cancelling my order because he cannot make me satisfied. Again, my deliver date is on or before 2/6/22!! So they get a brand new 2022 Ford Bronco to sell to another customer and I get nothing--after waiting nearly a year? How is that ok?

If you have not followed the previous thread, feel free to take a look: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ecessary-accessory-package.33789/post-1130402

At this point, I don't know if there is anything I can do other than what I have already done? I've left an accurate Google Review, contacted the AGs Office, BBB, "3 on your side," which is a local consumer support television station, and called every Ford customer service number I could find. I've reached out to local papers and Military/Veteran support groups (I'm a combat Veteran and served in the Gulf War). I'm open to suggestions at this point.
I had a bad feeling about this dealership months ago and requested a dealership transfer that never happened--unfortunately. And for those of you who don't know, I did my research (so I thought) and chose this dealership to support small, ,rural, family-owned business, which is 3 1/2 hours from my house over the 4 Ford dealerships within 20 minutes of my house!

@Ford, I would love for you to step in and make this right. How can a dealership cancel a Bronco two-weeks from delivery without the customer's consent? And nothing in writing. There was no additional negotiation or compromise, just a phone call "we're cancelling your order and there is nothing you can do."
haven't read the whole thread
a few things, 1- could be good to get a good lawyer involved. even a few hours of work while costly would get you the vehicle. 2-work hard on the local news team you contacted, a lawyer would soak up the attention for a business screwing a vet (thank you for your service!) 3- not the best solution, tell them that you are willing to pay dealer cost for the items they added.

in the context of shady dealers.$1496 is a pittance compared to the $20-$50k ADMs we have been seeing. Even if you only paid $1000 over, that's not horrible at the end of the day. You could also ask them if the $700 they are making on this stuff is actually worth losing a guy who could be a repeat customer?

Sponsored

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Why would I have a signed DORA, when I don't have a Bronco order?
Oh even better you're just being rude to someone who just had the rug pulled out from under them for no reason?

Awesome.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ahh so you have no idea what its like to reserve a vehicle and wait for over a year and then get screwed at the goal line by a greedy dealer.
No, I don't. Because that is not going to happen to me. It's sad that it's happening to some people.

You may be upset at having certain things pointed out about the process, and want to characterize it as rude, and not want to face those things. I guess that's your business.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

so let me get this straight... on top of the 3-10% dealers already make on vehicles plus the vig they get for the financing, your good with giving them another 3k on top of that? keep in mind that during lean times dealers couldn't discount vehicles enough to clear inventories....
Where are you coming up with 3-10%? I’m not a fan of most dealers but your understanding of how new vehicles are sold is woefully incorrect. My dealer has been an excellent partner on the many transaction I have had over the year with them and we talk a lot about the business end of selling cars. Everyone on here pretends like all dealers are raging assholes and ford has no culpability in all of this. They (ford) set the margins and selling price for dealers on their vehicles and a lot of time the difference between msrp is minuscule when you compare it to the money that is spent or required to be spent by the manufacturer on physical requirements Ect. My wife’s bronco sport obx had 800 dollars of profit from invoice to sticker. The ford Mach E has 3% profit from ford and you can’t mark it up. He sold a 70k F-series a few weeks ago and by the time he got done “negotiating” with the buyer and paying for everything he made 700 bucks. Between paying employees and for physical infrastructure running a dealership is expensive. Is it profitable? Yes but it’s not what the majority of people on here think it is. It would be great if like Tesla you just pay sticker and moved on. There were no “discounts” or special financing but that is what the competition in the market of dealers has done. If suddenly all dealers were gone over half the country would have no place to work, schedule to get service, look at inventory or test drive a car. Ford wouldn’t have 3000 locations they would have 300 and there wouldn’t be options for getting your car fixed other than ford and you would be at their mercy to pay whatever they wanted buying or servicing. Just take two seconds and think about that. Dealers get screwed by ford having to buy and floorplan lots of shit cars because ford can do that to them. I see no problem with dealers taking advantage of market conditions in certain situations. Right now everything we buy on a daily basis is being marked up and it is usually because the person selling it to us can not because they are passing cost along to us. Ford charges Shelby dealers a “Shelby tax” on top of the money you have to pay to be a Shelby dealer. Ford only allocates raptors to certain dealers and just like this whole allocation snafu once again ford. In a perfect world you should be able to walk into any ford dealer and order what you want and buy from there but that isn’t how it works. My dealer got 6 bronco allocations last year he was able to fill 5 including mine Bc of the Mic top issue. Just like with Stephen’s and granger it’s bs FORD screwed those guys by changing the allocation system and in turn screwed a lot of the people on here but let’s remember those guys were trying to game the system too and it wasn’t for the good of the customer it was for profit. Yes they are great dealers and treat people right but they also did the math and realized they could make more money selling in bulk at a discount. Just think about that.

Last edited:

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a signed letter from the sales manager stating MSRP -No ADM. A worksheet on the dealership’s letterhead itemizing my build, prices, taxes and fees. A string on emails, a mile long, reiterating the agreed price. And a feeling of trust and a good relationship with my dealer.

But I still have some anxiety, that when I go to pick it up finally, there might be shenanigans.

My recourse if the dealer adds ADM or “extras” at the last minute? Walk, pay or get a lawyer. All SUCK. I’d likely walk, straight to the Jeep dealer and never think of buying from Ford, or any of their dealers, again.

@Ford Motor Company should start penalizing these dealers like they’re doing with the Lightning.
Sell reservation holders our Broncos at MSRP.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Understatement of the day.

Shows the importance of getting a purchase agreement before the order is placed I guess. BUT, water under the bridge for most of us at this point.
It wouldn't matter, there would be no VIN on it.
Sponsored