Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond Sasquatch MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I call BS on this. The latest news out from Ford said they are building 300 hard tops per day.
Wasn't that based on info from someone at the call center and not an official Ford statement.
Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BassMaster

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
and I hope it stays that way...we have seen too many new orders with MICs screwing over long time reservation folks. ENOUGH.

I don't care if some walk in gets a soft top Big Bend with a 4 cylinder but when they're getting loaded Badlands with MICs ahead of us we have a problem
Someone walking into a dealership and spending their hard earned money for a new vehicle is (a)…none of your business and (b)..no none is treating reservation holders poorly except Ford. Take it up with them. Careful looking down your nose at 4 cylinder folks. They ain’t the ones crossing their fingers every time they turn the key hoping they didn’t get a bad motor….just sayin……

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Greetings all,

Just back from the dealer (1-29-2022), after ordering my 4-door OBX and I was informed that Ford, for the time being, will no longer aloow orders for Broncos with the MIC, Molded In Color Hardtop on both 2 and 4 door Broncos. Evidently, FoMoCo is having major fitment issues, so that option is discontinued till Design can fix the fitment issue. I had to order mine with the soft top, or no order at all.
IF you want a hard top and they will not order for you, I can and will! It will be delayed, soft top will for sure get picked up sooner, but definitely able to order! MSRP if you place an order! Let me know!

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

not gonna happen. First there's the cost of the soft top that needs to be added, MIC is 695+soft top cost and shipping is going to be expensive since it's going to be a big box. My guess would be $3-4k if not more.

Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I get what you're saying, but when he told me no Hardtop option for the 4-door, I said okay, order me a 2-door, cuz the MIC is standard on that one. 10 minutes go by and I was told no Hartops, period, 2 or 4 door, till Ford fixes the issue.
There was zero mention of this on the latest Bronco Nation "chat" with some of the Bronco Team. Unless I see it here from a Ford sourced person....I don't believe it. My Salesman told me that communication from Ford to Dealer's is terrible...that he is the last to know anything.

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dealer wants a quicker turn around. Probably saying 4 door soft tops only because there’s a greater chance it’ll get built quicker

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m curious how much this is going to cost them in lost business. How many people will switch to a wrangler or buy something else instead of wait. Not a big deal as it isn’t costing anyone money right now but what happens when all of the dealers start adding the mark ups even if you ordered it over a year prior? I had to go to several dealers before I found one that wouldn’t charge market ad on.
I think if you are in the market for a Wrangler, you just go and get one. The Bronco is new and not a Wrangler; that's the appeal of it.

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
and I hope it stays that way...we have seen too many new orders with MICs screwing over long time reservation folks. ENOUGH.

I don't care if some walk in gets a soft top Big Bend with a 4 cylinder but when they're getting loaded Badlands with MICs ahead of us we have a problem
:cry:

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Greetings all,

Just back from the dealer (1-29-2022), after ordering my 4-door OBX and I was informed that Ford, for the time being, will no longer aloow orders for Broncos with the MIC, Molded In Color Hardtop on both 2 and 4 door Broncos. Evidently, FoMoCo is having major fitment issues, so that option is discontinued till Design can fix the fitment issue. I had to order mine with the soft top, or no order at all.
That sounds pretty strange, possible misinformation, I have the OBX MIC top, and there are plenty out there without "fitment" issues. I also just configured one.

Maybe he meant to say the MIC top will delay you longer than the soft top. Clearly, more people want them than are available. Maybe someone else just ordered . . .

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Someone walking into a dealership and spending their hard earned money for a new vehicle is (a)…none of your business and (b)..no none is treating reservation holders poorly except Ford. Take it up with them. Careful looking down your nose at 4 cylinder folks. They ain’t the ones crossing their fingers every time they turn the key hoping they didn’t get a bad motor….just sayin……
I couldn't give 2 shits what somebody is spending their money on. I do give 2 shits when it keeps me and other people that have waited 1.5 years for. I also cited a soft top 4 cylinder BB as an example because Ford can easily make them as they have no constraints so your getting on the defensive is unnecessary.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m curious how much this is going to cost them in lost business.
none, there's a line around the block of people wanting one, if one leaves the line just moves up, but it's gonna be a long time before some production snafu actually will cost them a single sale. A sale to you maybe, but same truck goes to the guy behind you in line, doesn't matter to Ford who pays for it.

But that aside, I'm sure they'd rather sell one to everyone that wants one and would love to do so yesterday, that's their business, it's just not possible in this upside down world today.

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hopefully when the second Webasto plant comes on line for MIC this nonsense will cease.
Webasto has never been capable and never will be capable of making a quality top. Unfortunately Ford is stuck with them making garbage tops.

Last edited:

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
'
Thanks! When do you think we'll know if the painted modular top will be offered on the '23M?
I wish I could tell you man. That was what I wanted originally as well. I'm not sure even Ford knows at this point.

We went from

Mod at launch '21
Mod at late availability '21
Mod at launch '22
Mod at launch '23

Who knows what it is next. The people thinking they'll be able to order a Mod top as an accessory later are in for a rude awakening me thinks. Rumor is they won't even be backwards compatible with the MY21 & MY22s...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.