Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

On my FJ I did the 5-tire rotation. On my Raptors I do not. The Raptor does not have a 5th TPMS in the spare.

Those stains should come out with some steam. The dealer will likely make it worse. You need a professional detailer. I had something similar happen to one of our BMW's. Took it to the dealer for service. The car had very light gray interior. Went to pick it up and the door panel had greasy paw prints all over it. They tried to clean but it just spread. They ended up having to replace the door panel to the tune of $1300.
Sponsored

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just so we are clear, you do not have to worry about how to clean that seat-they do. They caused it through sloppy work and they will make it right. Either by truly cleaning it right the first time or replacing something outright.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow, that's just horrible on the seats. Plain negligence on their part. They should have put plastic on the seats. Heck yeah they should figure out how to clean them.

On the five tire rotation- I have a Jeep Wrangler and don't do it, only 4. I debated and still debate whether I should have done it. I was too worried about uneven wear on one of the tires- the spare- like having 5K miles on all of the tires and 0 on the spare on the very first rotation.

omega145

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Recon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly, you sound like a PITA customer. Where's this "Disaster" I'm supposed to be reading about? Sure you could request to have the 5th tire rotated but I'd say that only a small amount of customers actually ask for that. The oil on the seat is a hassle but complain and push for them to clean it or replace the seat if not possible. All in all, not THAT big a deal to whine about it on a forum.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

On my FJ I did the 5-tire rotation. On my Raptors I do not. The Raptor does not have a 5th TPMS in the spare.

Those stains should come out with some steam. The dealer will likely make it worse. You need a professional detailer. I had something similar happen to one of our BMW's. Took it to the dealer for service. The car had very light gray interior. Went to pick it up and the door panel had greasy paw prints all over it. They tried to clean but it just spread. They ended up having to replace the door panel to the tune of $1300.
And neither do the first Broncos out the door. It is a change for 2022 or an option but if my spare had a TPMS in it then it would display on the dash when viewing tire pressure.

It's bad enough when tires are rotated and the rotation locations are not reset

Sponsored

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And neither do the first Broncos out the door. It is a change for 2022 or an option but if my spare had a TPMS in it then it would display on the dash when viewing tire pressure.

It's bad enough when tires are rotated and the rotation locations are not reset
I have a 2021, had to use my spare due to picking up a nail on the hwy. It took a couple of miles to register with the vehicle, but the spare absolutely has a TPSM.

Schnabby

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJL4dr,Raptor6.2,JeepJK2dr,M4Conv,65Must,74CJ5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I never take it back to the dealer unless its warranty repair or recall. I've rotated the 5th on my Jeeps until I lifted them and installed 35's and plan on staying with the KO2's then just rotate the 4. The place I buy my tires from rotates for free and I have them change the oil when I need a rotation. No on Dealers. FWIW my tire shop actually installed lift kits I brought in for labor only on my JK and JL. Saved alot going that route also.

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
if my spare had a TPMS in it then it would display on the dash when viewing tire pressure.
Most TPMS have a centrifugal switch to preserve battery power, the sensor is off until it spins.

I was under the impression that unless marked something like "emergency use only" that the spare must have a TPMS. Liability reasons.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Honestly, you sound like a PITA customer. Where's this "Disaster" I'm supposed to be reading about? Sure you could request to have the 5th tire rotated but I'd say that only a small amount of customers actually ask for that. The oil on the seat is a hassle but complain and push for them to clean it or replace the seat if not possible. All in all, not THAT big a deal to whine about it on a forum.
i agree. if the dealer can't get that out then find a new dealer who's a bit more competent. it's grease/rubber film/dirt. cars get dirty and the materials used have some resilience to dirt, etc. it's not a white wedding dress made from silk.
and the dealer should be using seat and floor covers when getting in customer vehicles.

hopefully OP doesn't got to any salted road areas. his floor mats will look much worse than that seat. and i bet this pic is just from a month of driving. soap, power washer, scrub, rinse and good as new.
Ford Bronco First Oil Change at Dealer…disaster 1643808492758

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Goodness, those seats!!! :oops: WTF?

Can't tell, but are those cloth seats? If so, getting out oil isn't easy. There's a spray carpet cleaner we get from Amazon that's amazing on stains that may work. Crap is pricey at about $18, but it does work pretty good and even works on clothes.

It's called FOLEX Professional Carpet Spot Remover

Dealership was lazy for not putting down at least paper on your seats.

Sponsored

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

when i was a grease monkey brake clean would do the trick... spray on a clean cloth and lightly rub....

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A five tire rotation is not as normal because of all the vehicles with the temp spare or with none at all. It is silly to even debate it though. It's a customer request.

Sorry to see the seat. Keep in mind that the oil change folks are not the highest paid personnel on site.
OP clearly isn't talking about standard vehicles without a full size spare. You're right though that I've never heard of anyone who rotates in their full size spare aside from wrangler owners.

Broncobren

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WT High Pkg MIC Mod Bumper
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've always rotated all 5 of my Jeep tires. I keep the spare in the tub instead of on the tailgate which makes it even more difficult to pull out and rotate, especially since they're 38" tires. But that's what prudence and necessity dictate.

You pay for 5 tires, you should use 5 tires. The spare shouldn't sit up on the tailgate or wherever, unused, it should age and reach wear conditions similar to the other 4 tires so that when it's time to replace them, you can replace them with 5 new tires. The dealer shouldn't give you any pushback on that.

I'd be furious about the stains. Seems like every time any of my vehicles, or boat, or plane for that matter get worked on, I get them back all dirty like that. But never stained. They need to make it look like new which may require replacing the seat(s). You need to insist on that.

-JC
Nice airplane flex

Fat dog

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If it can't be cleaned to look like new the only option is to replace the cover.
I wonder how long that wait will be.