Sponsored

Does the 4 doors even matter for passenger space?

OP
OP
CashOfLegend

CashOfLegend

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2009 Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

To answer your question, "would you pony up for a 4-door? Not just no, heck no!!

The rear seat is super roomy in the 2-door. Getting in and out is a different story. You're asking the question and trying to justify making the right choice (2-door of course). Just do it, your 17 year old should have already bought his own car with his own money anyway so take him out of the equation.

Pull the rear seats and make the 17 y/o cart around the 14 y/o.

Get the 2 door and be happy!!!
I appreciate your positivity! At this point I am pondering benefits: convenience of the 4 door and rear storage vs the fun and maneuverability of the 2 door. The rear seat not having much leg room difference really does change the equation for me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CashOfLegend

CashOfLegend

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2009 Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Both have, in my opinion, sufficient leg room in the rear seats. The difference is in the cargo area and the ease of entry into the rear seats.

I much prefer the two door, but with trail gear, two Labradors, and the occasional rider the 4 door is pretty tempting.
Bronco pup pics!!!

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The rear passenger space about the same. But the two door has more front space due to the pillar placement in the more door. Heard a lot of complaints from larger folks about this. May even block side visibility? Search this site.
I don’t know about you but I feel it’s much more important to have the driver comfortable. Driving down the highway I rarely see more than two folks in any vehicle. Or maybe you want your kids more comfortable than you.

Two door all day…

Last edited:

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My kid has the grace of a hippo and I forgot to factor that in. It's pretty roomy for him once he's in but it's an event getting to that point.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
At this point I am pondering benefits: convenience of the 4 door and rear storage vs the fun and maneuverability of the 2 door. The rear seat not having much leg room difference really does change the equation for me.
Oh, I get it now. 🤦🏻‍♂️

I thought you were asking if a 2-door would be roomy enough for a family of very tall people compared to a 4-door. But what you were really saying was, I really want to get a 2-door, so would some of the obsessed 2-door fanboys please help me justify my plan. Ha ha, silly me. Carry on, then. Enjoy your new 2-door.

Chris Tyacke

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep liberty
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco Does the 4 doors even matter for passenger space? 125AE32B-CE28-4718-9E2B-1DA28D98F42F

After looking at the 2022 Tech sheet provided in the Everglades post I noticed something about the back seat of the Bronco. The 4 door only gets 0.6" more leg room than the 2 door. After looking at the Hip Room it seems the wheel base on the 4 door was about giving a wider seat with no more leg room.

This is a curious decision by Ford. This means all the extra possible passenger space goes to the storage area instead of to the passengers. With this information, other than those needing easier entrance and egress, would you still pony up for the 4 door? Further more, would you swap in a 2 door back seat into a 4 door giving you more second row legroom?

Thoughts to ponder.
I have a two door sitting at ice mountain, if I had a family to haul around I would get the four door. Lucky for me it's just the wife and I. The two door is the true Bronco.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Forget looking at it on paper. You need to sit in them to really understand how tiny and non practical the 2 door is for your situation.

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Leg room is fine in both. But the boys will feel like they are sharing a king chair instead of a sofa in the 2 door. And that’s if they can manage to get in.

Sponsored

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You need to sit in both to appreciate the difference. No matter what the numbers say sitting the back of the 2-door is like sitting in the back of a Pinto. I agree with everyone who says the 2-door looks better, it does, but the 2-door is a two passenger vehicle.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

personally I'd not even be here if it only came in 2 door, had several 2 doors, always annoying to let people into the back or even just load stuff in the back, just a no go for me. Plus I'm one of the odd ones that likes the look of the 4 door much better.

I also need the cargo space for at least 4 carry on bags, camera bag and assorted other things, none of which would fit in a 2 door with 4 people.

I also find it plenty nimble, turn radius is better than my 4 door Taco. And I simply was not gonna deal with flip forward seats ever again, just a personal preference. With the size of your kids, I can't imagine they'd love having to climb into the back all that much. Maybe you can find one at a dealer to look at in person? I saw my first 2 door this week, nice but not for me, just would not work for most things I do. Not a fan of folding down seats all the time for extra cargo either, I doubt I could get one supermarket run into the back of a 2door.

Best really would be to look at them with your family, at a dealer or maybe somebody that has one locally would let you check it out?

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have sat in both and driven both. In the beginning, I was planning on buying one of each with my daughter ending up with the four door that I could borrow, take hunting and sleep in. Then later buy a two door that would be for daily driving. After owning the four door and driving both, I just can't find a use for the 2 door. I can't think of any practical reason to buy it, I want to....but can't. There isn't anything a two door can do that a four can't do and probably do better. I guess you could argue break over angle for the .0001% of that time that matters. Turning radius is muted by the rear tire lock. I know there are some people out there that think the two door looks "better" but I think real world sales numbers disprove that. You could quit making the two door today and not many would notice. 🤷‍♂️ You can even see that in the aftermarket. After owning a 4 door since last October my plans of buying two door have kind fallin' by the wayside, probably going to get another 4 door as it is just useful.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, the two-door is a Bronco and the four-door is a Jeep clone. If it only came in a two-door, then availability would be much better. I'm not sure why "fanboy" was used to describe the purists, but it seems four-door buyers would be the Bronco/Ford fanboys that just buy a vehicle because they're fans of the badging.

This discussion has been beaten to death on here by all of us fanboys many times. I don't think your family will enjoy riding around in a Bronco or a four-door. They'd probably be happier in an F150 crew cab if you drive around as a family often. If you don't care if they complain or you don't all drive around in the same car often, then get a Ford Bronco.

It is what it is and it ain't what it ain't.

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Both have, in my opinion, sufficient leg room in the rear seats. The difference is in the cargo area and the ease of entry into the rear seats.

I much prefer the two door, but with trail gear, two Labradors, and the occasional rider the 4 door is pretty tempting.
My first Bronco is a four door, but I've got a Basesquatch 2 door on order now. I'm a bit worried about not having enough space in the back as I have two large and one small dog. But I'm thinking I'll keep the seats down and have a platform built. That ought to do it. I'm still wavering and may switch to the four door if I downgrade from the 2.7 to the 2.3. Anyone else in the same boat?
Sponsored