Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I drove one on Saturday, the difference I had vs my Fusion was 1- I'm higher up again lol 2-Pulling all that weight of the bed I didn't notice how fast I was going.
Sponsored

RubyRuin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What exactly does the Ranger have in common with the Bronco? Different chassis, different suspension, different wheelbase, different length, different tires, etc..
Similar weight, aerodynamic profile and the same engine/transmission combination for those looking at the 2.3L/10 speed combo for their Broncos. This particular Ranger @TNcoupe drove had the same wheel and tire sizing as the Badlands trim, so at worst the Bronco would feel more responsive just because of the shorter differential gearing.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What exactly does the Ranger have in common with the Bronco? Different platform, different chassis, different suspension, different wheelbase, different length, different tires, etc.
Form the first post. It was a Ford test driver that said to go drive a 4dr Ranger if you want to know what it’s like to drive a Bronco. That’s why.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The 10 speed is a learning transmission, it gets better the more you drive it.
Can it come pre learned to hit it and get it like a manual? :ROFLMAO:

I like to shift hard and feel it. I will stay with the 2.3 MT

Sponsored

Jp215

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They also use the same frame and both have solid rear axle and ifs

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Deleted member 3063

Ford is listening. That said they will also look at the manual demand on the 2021 and crunch the numbers for 2022. Right now it looks like they will sell all they can make as is.
Is there even a manual available with a crawler gear? I'm sure the supplier is looking to upgrade it but it will take time.
Correct me if I'm wrong but Jeep only offers their manual with the base V6. So it could become a one up moment for Ford to act.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The A10 is bad ass I have one, yes there were earlier year issues, but new ones are great and the updated adaptive learning is find IMO.

Dubsilk

Badlands
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M240 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ride quality was fine. Handling is ok I guess, Ive driven hot hatches for 18 years so I dont really have a good comparison.....It doesnt carve corners like my Veloster N ?. They were Toyo Open Country or something. Looked like an AT.
Hilarious.

I told my wife that I was going to pair my new Bronco with a hot hatch for a DD, and she is trying to talk me out of it. Glad to know that I am not alone.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is there even a manual available with a crawler gear?
It's the 7MTI550, made by Getrag-Ford. It's new and the Bronco will be the first time we know of it being used in a vehicle.

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have the 10 speed in my 18 GT and my Platinum Supercrew with the FX4 package. I can confirm the transmissions both did an obnoxious amount of gear changes when new. With 15k miles on the Screw and 6700 on the Mustang, feel normal. When the Screw is in ECO mode, I can watch the ten speed shift 1, 3, 5 7,9 and 10. I assume this is for EPA ratings. My coworker has a 20 Ranger Supercab and he just towed his Tesla roadster out to Arizona and he said the Ranger was more enjoyable than his Tacoma and it towed like a dream.
Sponsored