Sponsored

Anybody else getting over the initial hype?

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think Fords slow play on the reveal/ordering will probably hurt them. Definitely seeing a lot of people less emotional and using the extra hours day after day to figure out what they need and how much they really want to spend. A good thing probably
Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Been about a month now and am considerably less enthusiastic. Its not that the truck isn't absolutely perfect for what it should have been, it really is. But I just am not sure that buying a 40k car in this type of uncertain economic times is the most rational thing to do. Kinda over it for now, but if the feeling passes and things become better maybe my mood will change.
Getting over the hype? Shit no!

In fact, my psychosis is only getting worse. If the Rona'ers doesn't get me, Bronco Fever most likely will.

FORD, I need my meds, ?I NEED MY MEDS!!!! ?

No, but really, I'm in this for real bud. Nothing trendy going on here, I'm sold. (Don't tell my dealer!)

NHCheef

Black Diamond
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW GTI, '13 VW Sportwagen TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm actually glad there's a prolonged wait. I'm a very practical/frugal person and typically very conscious of my financial decisions. I'd normally think buying a $40K vehicle is for rich or dumb people. But then I saw the Bronco. And put in a reservation. So the wait gives me time to save cash, AND it gives me, the extreme over-analyzer, plenty of time to think and re-think. So if after 12 months I'm STILL lusting after it, despite it being totally unnecessary, less practical, and more expensive than any car I've ever bought, then dammit I'm gonna YOLO and buy that MF.
Right there with you. The last car I purchased was $11k. The most expensive car I've ever purchased was our GTI and that was $28k. I felt like a crazy person when the wife and I signed the papers. Granted, that's her car, but we have a pooled account for payments so I have eyes on the monthly hit to the budget.

The expenses spreadsheet I have with the Bronco on there tells me this is doable if I can keep the out the door price around $45k, so this 10+ month wait is a positive for me from a budgetary standpoint.

That being said, I'm by no means over the hype. I've never been more excited about a vehicle.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nah. I'm in my early 40's now. We had kids young and they are starting to graduate and our nest will be steadily emptying over the next few years. I worked countless 50,60,70 hour weeks so my wife could stay home with them until they were all established in school. The Bronco is a present to myself of sorts. I'd like my 40's to be a chance to get back out into nature and get away from it all on occasion. Some trips by myself. Some with the family. The year wait is a little frustrating but it gives me plenty of time to map out trips and make sure I've got the gear I need when it does arrive.

Sponsored

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh yeah, but those adaptations take time with any new model and platform (to the extent the Ranger stuff doesn’t bleed over).

My greater point is that I think banking on that adaptability and banking on the long term reliability of a brand new vehicle in its first model year assumes a ton of risk. If you’re doing that to ameliorate risk and as a means of justifying the significant financial investment, then it might be best to at least wait a MY to see what gets sorted by the initial “beta testers.”

icavedin

Base
First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 4runner, '91 318iS, '07 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oh man I can definitely sympathize with a few of you dads (albeit I’m more of a daddy than a dad rn) on here echoing that their kids are looking forward to the Bronco more than themselves at this point.

I remember when vehicles used to launch in the early 2000s and me having to coerce my pops into getting them even though they made no logical sense to our family at the time. Now that I look back on it, he definitely pulled the trigger to satisfy my own feverish, childish impulse rather than his own.

You a G for that poppa! And all the rest of you dads on here.

RIP pops

jmtseven

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ever since I discovered rumors of a possible new Bronco, I started saving. I also paid off several loans and maintain zero credit card debt. By the time my Bronco will be finished, I will be able to pay full cash price.

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am in the process of refinancing my house. Bought it 2 years ago at 4.5% interest rate. Then when the rates dropped down to 3% I locked in to refinance.
I'll be saving 50k by refinancing as well as paying off my wifes 2019 Santa Fe Ultimate.
We'll be trading that in on the Bronco next summer...as long as the Santa Fe can hold its value that long. lol

We have already discussed sharing it for work commutes. Plus, I will be driving it on weekends when we go out so I am making out on the deal ?

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I understand what you are saying, but I am still all in. I've got two boys that are excited about cars like I was when I was a kid thanks to this release. Thanks to a little print work, they see it everyday in my home office.
E0B1C721-14DF-43AB-A1E6-6C4100E457CA.jpeg

where can i get that sweet laptop stand? ?

getting back to the OP's question, not ready to put a down payment in december. if ford contacted us lets say in the spring time, then possibly. need to see how the school season goes with our oldest starting school and covid, etc.

Sponsored

Moze

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Tesla Model S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just some of my thoughts (for my own internal debate)...

- It's not a practical car. It just isn't. You can do practical things with it, but that's not why we are looking at it. So I just need to come to terms with that. It's like buying a truck and a boat at the same time.
- As for long term value; I can't really buy this because I think it's a good investment. However, Jeeps hold their value incredibly well. It will be interesting to see if Bronco benefits from that or changes that.
- As for cost; if I plan to "make it mine" and customize it at any point, then I just need to be ok with the fact that I may not be able to do all of that day one. Don't kill myself, get as much as I can afford *knowing* that I will be able to do all the rest over time.
- Final thought; because this car in the new hotness, Ford isn't going to be wrapping this in a ton of incentives - BUT in this current economic climate, borrowing money will be as cheap as we are likely to see it in our lifetimes and the government is likely to have lots of programs to get us to buy stuff and get the economy rolling again, so you can probably buy higher than normal and get a payment you can handle.

vel23

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 340i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not at all. I'm more excited about this thing than how I was when I got my current vehicle. The long lead time gives me a ton of time to budget and learn about off road vehicles. I have only driven cars and only cared about horsepower admittedly. This has seemingly unlocked a new interest for me in the short term and I'm knee deep. The wife is excited as well so me being a little obsessive isn't off putting, which is always a plus. Once the price and build comes out, I think it'll kick things up a notch around here.

Moze

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Tesla Model S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Given all the tech, computers, and complicated systems, I'd be a bit surprised if many mass production cars make 20 years. Love the optimism though lol.
Not sure I'm all the way there... I get what you're saying, but those aircraft we *used* to fly on are about the most complete bits of machinery we encounter regularly. They statistically are incredibly reliable (greater than 90% dispatch reliability across all flights around the world), put on a ton of miles and are pretty old (20 years on average). Loaded with complex systems both mechanical and electronic - the avionics alone fly the plane and even land the plane (reasonably often if it's an Airbus), all electronically. Granted, they are pretty well maintained and cost a lot more than a Bronco - but I don't think electronics are automatically a negative. Hell... how many of us still have an old tube tv somewhere just chugging along? Not state of the art, but still working.
Sponsored