First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 Bronco 23 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It only took me a couple days and was still on 1st tank of gas when I got a stone chip... didn't even hit that hard...

Coastalcop

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Best on was a new xterra pro4x in Houston. 7 minutes and 5 miles down the road, huge rock chip

Docindahouze

Base
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2016 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lol I caught something on the windshield the day after I bought mine and left a nice big crack.

Sponsored

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It could always be worse my buddy bought a new Ford focus rs was driving ho.e and hit a deer totaled. 🦌

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In the last couple of weeks, they tar and chipped a lot of the roads around here. Some are pretty bad so you have to go out of the way to avoid no matter the vehicle. Luckily on my street they ran a sweeper a few days after which helped tremendously.

Acadist

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bought an extended warranty that includes windshield replacement for 7 years, I have a feeling I will get my money’s worth

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mine came in with chipped windshield. I’m just glad they released it to me, took 7 or 8 weeks for the new one to come in.

Sponsored

Cleveland-Native

Badlands
First Name
Fry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ford Ranger, 2009 VW Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got a chip and crack within first 100 miles. Also chip out of hood. I've put on a bug/rock deflector and it seems to have really helped.
Is that the thing that goes across the front of the hood above the grill? Just curious. Thanks

drmdwebb

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4-door Wildtrak in Hot Pepper Red
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Could be worse: one of my friends was driving home his brand new Audi Q4 (5? 8?), playing with his phone, hit a construction barricade on the highway, and totaled it. Within 20 minutes of buying it. So don't play with your phone while driving!

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Took delivery on Feb 10, 22. Replaced 1st windshield on Mar 3, 22 due to a rock hit on the 101 freeway in Scottsdale. They tried filling it, but the scar was right in my line of vision, so I had them put a new windshield in.

Took another good rock hit last Friday Aug 11 (also on the 101 freeway in Scottsdale), called insurance and they managed to fill it in decently yesterday - plus the other chip in the passenger side. This is not right in my field of vision, so I'll wait to accumulate a few more before another new windshield.

Lessons learned:
- $0 deductible glass coverage (required here in AZ) is awesome
- My insurance agent is totally cool to work with. A 5 min call with him is all it took as he took care of everything for me
- Going forward, will only replace the windshield when it cracks/chips in my line of vision
- Replacing the windshield is a PITA as you need to take it to the dealer afterward to re-calibrate electronics
- I should stay the Hell off the 101 freeway!
- The Aeroskin bug protector across the hood may help, but I just can't get past the fugliness of them (personal opinion).

Yeah - all the glass guys I've interacted with says there are like Jeeps, which also eat windshields due to it being so vertical.

fordbroncowildtrak2023

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is that the thing that goes across the front of the hood above the grill? Just curious. Thanks
Here is the bug deflector I put on.
Ford Bronco Believe the hype bug and rock deflector.JPG

Took delivery on Feb 10, 22. Replaced 1st windshield on Mar 3, 22 due to a rock hit on the 101 freeway in Scottsdale.
This is the same spot I got my first rock chip and subsequent crack.
Sponsored