Sponsored

Anybody else getting over the initial hype?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am with you to some extent. Its easy (and fun) to think with emotion and dream. I am actually a little surprised the marketing folks haven't done more to keep things going. They have a captive audience who have plopped down money, seems like they would have engaged us at this point. Costs nothing to send an email.
In the end, that logical side of the brain has to prevail. Hopefully things work out for most of the dreamers and they get both what they want and what they need.
I agree with this. The lag period has been too long and that gives people time to notice other options. Ford may think seeing all of the Bronco sightings are building excitement. It's kind of been the opposite for me seeing how little it takes to turn them into a pile of trash.
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The possibility of waiting til 2022 is a drag and not sure if I will wait that long or not.
Once the build and price goes live I think it will rejuvenate me or maybe not.
I have a budget I want to stick by and if I can’t get the things I want because the options are priced too high I will walk.
Broncos are awesome, but I won’t break the bank for it...
Even those early in line will be close to introduction of some of the 22 models, so you're buying an almost 1 year old vehicle. I've had my eye on the Explorer as well and just saw the 21's will have sizable price drops. The ST will be about $2100 less and Platinum nearly $3800 less and a reduction to the 202A package. There's also word Ford is working on an off road version.

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let's also not forget either that commercial airplanes are designed to be flown by professional pilots.... Not Terry and Karen who slept through their driving training 4 decades ago.
Yup, which adds yet another variable undercutting predictable durability and reliability.

Again, I don't want to pile on the person--I absolutely get and appreciate the sentiment of spending a ton of money and expecting it to last for a while. I just think we're well beyond that with modern cars.

AngryIrishman

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I remain excited but realistic. If this truck is delayed well into 2022 or if negative (factually based) information comes to light about the truck I would still walk away. I'm really liking what I'm seeing and anticipate modding and using the shit out of this truck....hopefully next year.

qnet

Big Bend
First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2, Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm still excited about it. Since I've returned to work, circumstances has made it more than likely that I will be able to buy one.

This forum also keeps me excited about it. I'm just curious what things when look like when the build & price is available, and how long it will actually take for people to get their Broncos.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm actually glad there's a prolonged wait. I'm a very practical/frugal person and typically very conscious of my financial decisions. I'd normally think buying a $40K vehicle is for rich or dumb people. But then I saw the Bronco. And put in a reservation. So the wait gives me time to save cash, AND it gives me, the extreme over-analyzer, plenty of time to think and re-think. So if after 12 months I'm STILL lusting after it, despite it being totally unnecessary, less practical, and more expensive than any car I've ever bought, then dammit I'm gonna YOLO and buy that MF.
I think the prolonged wait will cost Ford a lot of sales. If it were available the day after reveal, they could have taken better advantage of the early excitement.

DrKennethNoisewater

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 razor scooter
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think the prolonged wait will cost Ford a lot of sales. If it were available the day after reveal, they could have taken better advantage of the early excitement.
Very possible. For me, I could definitely envision talking myself out of it after having about a year to go without car payments and a growing pile of down payment cash that I might rather deploy elsewhere. But if I go this whole 12-18 months still wanting it despite knowing how silly it would be...hoo boy, delivery day is gonna be borderline erotic.

Last edited:

Moze

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Tesla Model S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think commercial aircraft misses the mark because of the intended purposes of both. Commercial aircraft are intended and built for X amount of hours (airframe or otherwise) with specific usages. They are built so well (ignoring some recent history, of course) that there's a predictable consistency to their durability. That's arguably never been the case for cars and certainly not for modern vehicles, where there is such a wide variance in reliability and durability across even the same models from the same maker built in the same year. Just look at modern Toyota and see how different they are as cars got more and more complicated in the past 2 decades.

I just think it would be a fool's errand to buy something like this--with all of its computers, cameras, sensors, displays, radar, etc.--with the expectation that it will absolutely last 20 years when we literally have no prior evidence of anything like this lasting that long, at least within similar production and usage cases. Sitting here today, we simply have no idea what computer/tech systems are "mission critical" and, perhaps more importantly, how long Ford (or anyone else) will support those systems.
I'm clearly doing a crap job making a simple point: that more/less complex does not equal more/less durable and that electronic doesn't mean less durable than mechanical. That's all. I don't think any part of a Bronco is spec'd to cover 20 years of high cycles. But I do know that all the systems going through a ton of durability testing, including freezing, high heat, shaking, shocking etc.

But we are so far off the OP's topic and I'm doing such a piss poor job on a point that doesn't matter to the thread, I concede. ? ? You guys made great points.

Whydoors

First Name
Ok
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler jku
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Been about a month now and am considerably less enthusiastic. Its not that the truck isn't absolutely perfect for what it should have been, it really is. But I just am not sure that buying a 40k car in this type of uncertain economic times is the most rational thing to do. Kinda over it for now, but if the feeling passes and things become better maybe my mood will change.
I have an automatic 2016 wrangler JKU in blue color.. i love it. Im very proud of my Jeep.(on my second Jeep)

But the Jeep isn't mine yet.. it belongs to the bank.. i still have 22 months of payments more to go.. thats about $ 13k i still need to find to clear that debt so i can officially say i own a Jeep.

just like milions of people, the coronavirus situation has affected our finance too..
oh yea, i can still keep paying.. i should be able to keep paying the bank for another 8 months just fine.
but beyond that, i have no idea what's gona happen.
with this coronavirus crap.. i just want to stay home.

so in my case, i can not pre order anything. It would be unwise and irrational to buy a new vehicle right now.

i like the new bronco as much as i like the cybertruck.. but the logical part of your brain has to win.

if i can change my income situation, get a safer, better paying job , something chill and relaxing.. an easy job. Sure my logical brain will tell me something else. Probably something electric too.. i don't see myself getting into another 60 months for another gas vehicle (after the 22 months remaining).. my logical tells me that i should switch to electric..

so to answer your question.. you are not the only one with logical thoughts.. . Im not going to rob a bank for a Bronco and be on live tv chase...

Nova

Wildtrak
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
velar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm still excited! However I don't understand why Ford makes us wait for a simple build and pricing? I mean common already lets GO!! Give us something to play with in the meantime :)

Sponsored
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4, 1997 993 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have grown less excited the further from the launch we get. I’m also not in a rush as I don’t need to do anything soon.

The Bronco’s pricing has me cross shopping the new Defender though.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Having had a Bronco imma say no. Probably the best thing to come out of 2020 is the Bronco release

DadLife

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I hear you. Buying a new vehicle is never a purely logical choice. It's not necessarily a matter of whether you can afford it, but whether you should. The answer is purely personal. I'm still leaning yes, but the initial "gotta have it" has subsided for weighing wants vs needs.
Ur not alone on this. Most people who buy any new vehicle love it for a few months and then it just becomes ur car u see everyday in the driveway. This is prob where the saying came from where money doesn’t buy happiness.... but it can certainly give u a means to do things u enjoy and make u happy. So if having a vehicle that allows u to take the doors and top off to enjoy that summer weather is what makes u happy, and u won’t feel broke after getting into it, then do it..... if u want a vehicle that can take u where some others can’t and enjoy camping with family, etc... then, again, do it.
But I have been back and forth myself after months gone by, that it doesn’t get u as excited as it did in beginning. That’s just a matter of probably seeing it over and over and the newness will inevitably wear off.
Maybe look at it like a blessing to have an a opportunity to get one. That might help u ease ur mind. Otherwise, spend the money on something else u think u will enjoy more.

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ur not alone on this. Most people who buy any new vehicle love it for a few months and then it just becomes ur car u see everyday in the driveway. This is prob where the saying came from where money doesn’t buy happiness.... but it can certainly give u a means to do things u enjoy and make u happy. So if having a vehicle that allows u to take the doors and top off to enjoy that summer weather is what makes u happy, and u won’t feel broke after getting into it, then do it..... if u want a vehicle that can take u where some others can’t and enjoy camping with family, etc... then, again, do it.
But I have been back and forth myself after months gone by, that it doesn’t get u as excited as it did in beginning. That’s just a matter of probably seeing it over and over and the newness will inevitably wear off.
Maybe look at it like a blessing to have an a opportunity to get one. That might help u ease ur mind. Otherwise, spend the money on something else u think u will enjoy more.
Agree with all of this. On one hand I'm more stoked than ever after watching the KOH videos and now Moab but I am OVER the pre-order/back&forth with my dealer. When I get my Bronco my excitement will be through the roof and I'm eagerly looking to travel out west and get offroad for camping/photography/hiking

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Been about a month now and am considerably less enthusiastic. Its not that the truck isn't absolutely perfect for what it should have been, it really is. But I just am not sure that buying a 40k car in this type of uncertain economic times is the most rational thing to do. Kinda over it for now, but if the feeling passes and things become better maybe my mood will change.
Well I'd be spending more like 30k for a base. 10k is a lot of savings, if the cost is getting to you.

Also if buying for the utility usage value, the hype won't matter so much. I mean if this will be a tool getting where you want to go point A to B including off-road travel, then it's an easier decision. Plus you only have one other choice to do it open-top (Wrangler).

In year 2021, to offer a rugged open top/doors off 4x4 is fantastic and a home run given what the automotive industry provides. For me it's more about the timing. Meaning when Bronco is finally available to buy the normal way (see/test drive/buy), will it fit what's going on in my life.
Sponsored