Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ve been reading comments on this thread and many similar threads for over an hour. Please forgive me if it’s already mentioned and I missed it.

Has anyone determined at what frequency the base head units rolls off bass, or what/how the head is limiting in stock configuration? For example, if the head unit cuts bass at 300hz and someone “JBL flashes” the head to get a flat response but puts 300hz caps in line with upgraded speakers, doesn’t that defeat the purpose of the re-flash?
Sponsored

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

great video. Just subscribed via youtube.
Any idea if the B&O audio system retained the same stock 4 inch speakers? I thought they did, so I imagine this upgrade would work for the B&O system also.

OP
OP
BudgetBronco

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

great video. Just subscribed via youtube.
Any idea if the B&O audio system retained the same stock 4 inch speakers? I thought they did, so I imagine this upgrade would work for the B&O system also.
Thanks! I don't know about the B&O but somebody here will. I would be shocked if the upgraded system used the same crappy speakers.

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thanks! I don't know about the B&O but somebody here will. I would be shocked if the upgraded system used the same crappy speakers.
Thanks. I did just notice on a Bronco Nation Video that the B&O system only uses the stock door 6' speakers. The 4' are upgraded.

Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve been reading comments on this thread and many similar threads for over an hour. Please forgive me if it’s already mentioned and I missed it.

Has anyone determined at what frequency the base head units rolls off bass, or what/how the head is limiting in stock configuration? For example, if the head unit cuts bass at 300hz and someone “JBL flashes” the head to get a flat response but puts 300hz caps in line with upgraded speakers, doesn’t that defeat the purpose of the re-flash?
i don’t think anyone actually measured it. It appears to be way higher than 300hz though. I have 300hz blockers in the rear and am still satisfied with the improvement. I might remove them and see what happens.

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I used a 4 pack of 4 in speakers from Amazon and ordered the bronco wiring harness pack from Saleen took about 10 minutes for each speaker and they sound phenomenal compared to the factory setup
Links to speakers and Saleen kit?

xmod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, Toyo 4Runner TRD, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm looking at doing the Alpine S-S40's in the front and rear, but now I'm wondering if I should add an amp and was considering the Kicker 47KEY200.4 - but do I really need it?

Djd7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I did the dash/roll bar speakers and happy with result.

Not happy with the kick panel output - swapped Kickers in and they are muted/underpowered. Dynamated the lining and used a boom mat. Did a L/R compare with Kicker vs. OEM and the head unit is clearly tuned for OEM.. wonder if it is a power issue?

Posting for a heads up to others diving into the kick panel upgrade or has an idea to try to fix.. been reading pages on DSP etc. but haven't tried much else yet

Mario3241

Base
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Links to speakers and Saleen kit?
That Saleen kit is overpriced. This works for the Bronco dash and rearpod speakers. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product...f=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

this should work for the kicker speakers, but I haven’t done it yet.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B016YIFQ7I/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I ordered the same speakers a few weeks ago and they are great. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B8TKWS1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sponsored

ingalsbeans

Black Diamond
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had the JBL Flash done in my Bronco. Had Kicker CS 4”s in the rear. The JBL and speaker combo was on 30% of the “get better sound” equation. Lining the rear pods every where on the inside I could was the secret. They sound soooooo much better now. I waited to do the dynamat until after the new speakers were in and the flash was done so I could tell if there was a difference. There was big time!
320A0A01-204E-4926-85AA-DB2345DD6964.jpeg
23A2C011-A0EF-45CC-9B4E-3461358604A1.jpeg
Just did my four 4 inch speakers over the weekend as well, polk DB+ and i stuffed SO much poly fill in the rear pods. Huge empty space. Sounds great now. The front right speaker has a maybe foot long cylindrical channel under the speaker that goes to the space behind the glove box for some reason? so i stuffed some poly fill in there too, what a terrible place to put a gaping hole right behind a speaker haha

ingalsbeans

Black Diamond
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So if I put in a low pass crossover set at 80hz for my subwoofer setup I will have no bass? I doubt the stock head unit will not play a sub 80hz frequency if you use the kick panel line level inputs. Obviously the rear line level would not because it has a high pass from the factory head unit. Any cheap head unit will be able to reproduce the entire frequency range so I’m pretty sure the factory head unit will. Anyone running a sub set up with crossover set at 80hz? Do you have bass?
In two weeks i'll have an answer for you when my rockford fosgate punch 12 inch goes in.

Shacky4

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Great video. Gave me the confidence to do it. Looks pretty easy. I have everything ordered. It's worth $25 to me to not cut the wires in my new $40k Bronco so I ordered adapters. The seller on ebay seems to be sold out but they have these on Amazon. The only thing I'm hesitant on is the Forscan edit. I'm not afraid to do it, but having a 2.7L in the date range of failures, I don't want to give Ford a reason to invalidate my warranty. Am I being paranoid?

MMJ

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
I used a 4 pack of 4 in speakers from Amazon and ordered the bronco wiring harness pack from Saleen took about 10 minutes for each speaker and they sound phenomenal compared to the factory setup
Did you splice in bass blockers?

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands