Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

21169 here, 1800 miles. Been following this thread very closely since the beginning and honestly a little nervous. On my way home from work this evening and the radio shut off and a pretty loud alarm sound started. I was not in a great part of D.C. and thought oh great, this is going to be interesting. Well, dumbass me forgot I set an alarm on my phone to stop for dog food. Just thought you guys would enjoy a mild panic attack story about a (so far) healthy 2.7
Sponsored

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

21169 here, 1800 miles. Been following this thread very closely since the beginning and honestly a little nervous. On my way home from work this evening and the radio shut off and a pretty loud alarm sound started. I was not in a great part of D.C. and thought oh great, this is going to be interesting. Well, dumbass me forgot I set an alarm on my phone to stop for dog food. Just thought you guys would enjoy a mild panic attack story about a (so far) healthy 2.7
Traveling for work years ago and didn’t understand the quadrant thing. Didn’t find the Marriot in the not so great part of DC😆

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sitting at about 2600 miles with a June vacation to the outer banks planned. The idea is to drive the bronco from Pittsburgh to outer banks with the family and then all over the beaches. Ugh!

cclkramer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 ford f350 diesel dually
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Good on you!

Candidly, it's shocking that so many owners with bad engines are unwilling to file a report with NHTSA. While I understand their "immediate" problem is resolved because they're getting a new engine, how about doing the rest of us 2021 2.7L owners a service and taking the 10 minutes to file a NHTSA complaint.
This whole engine fiasco is F@#$ $# Scared your engine is going to blow up on your new truck and FORD ! Found On Road Dead does nothing ! 🤮🤮🤮🤮

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Update for ya’ll…got my Bronco back last week. Check out the photos of the new engine date. The Oil spout is much lower than the original and the sticker is black and to the side making it a little harder to get a picture for everyone. It is an AB and built in 22’.

I forgot to ask very important question. Is the first 2022 engine I've seen. Where does the oil measure on your dipstick????

Sponsored

fltechpilot

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Audi S3 1984 Porsche 928S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I forgot to ask very important question. Is the first 2022 engine I've seen. Where does the oil measure on your dipstick????
I have a 22 with an AB engine label. Oil is up past the full line to the twist in the dipstick.

Reactions: Cat

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In the 21211 gang, 6100 miles.

I'm convinced certain days got certain heads with good/normal valves. Other days, not so lucky...21224 is a bad day. It's still possible some heads on 21224 we're good, just not all.
I hope this is the case, but I won't be convinced of anything unless there is a candid communication from Ford. We previously thought that this failure occurs around 3000 miles and beyond that you would be in the clear. Now we're seeing failures near 7k miles.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Man…you guys are brutal.
Have to be, although my white sticker is still going strong, I do not plan on having the sticker replaced.

But exactly what individual item is the root cause of failures? I thought it was valve keepers, allowing valves to overextended into contact with piston, or have we all know determined that the valves themselves are escapingbtheitlr designated positions due to their misdesign or soft material where the keepers hold them against spring plates? Has anyone ruled out soft valve guides wearing out too fast, allowing sloppy valve movement
The motor trend article calculated the average mileage of 2,491 miles, so any moment.
Motor Trend articles are at least 9 billion light years old like the colluding black holes the news media thinks is just happening now

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine is about the same coolant level as the photo. I was not concerned but will keep a closer eye on it, and will stop by the dealership to buy 50/50 yellow antifreeze today.

UPDATE: I stopped by the dealer and talked to a mechanic. He gave me a bottle of yellow coolant, and the service manager gave me a bottle of windshield washer fluid since I asked to see their PDI Check list. My washer fluid cap was open and the washer fluid level was down about 3/4 of bottle when I picked it up. I think am going to be happy with this dealership. Especially since the mechanic was a Scotsman, and I have a deep respect for Scottish mechanics after working in the North Sea. I plan top off the coolant after it sits over night, 10F will be the low tonight, and plan to keep an eye on it.

Point of mention. This mechanic said they received an engineering bulletin or some other communication from Ford about the 2.3 L EcoBoost dropping valves. I suspect he had confused it with reports of the 2.7 dropping valves. I'll check with him the next time I visit. They have not had any issues here, possibly because Canada didn't receive many Broncos until late 2021.
It's the metric conversion, eh. 2.7 in the states is 2.3 in Canada

Lol

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Random thought and maybe my question has been answered but I do not see any recent discussion

How many, if any, of the 40 and counting
1. Changed their own oil prior to engine failure
2. Dealer changed oil prior to failure
3. First oil change never completed

Just an extra data point that would keep me awake if I changed my own at this point as despite all the fixityourself protections where Ford might deny coverage due to blaming it on the owner touching anything under the hood. Not saying they would get very far in court but that might not stop them from trying

JollyFolly

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not sure on the oil level. According to my invoice/work order…they did an oil change with the replacement. I think talking to OP, this is the first 22’ we have seen.

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ironic that we're sitting in a new vehicle forum bragging to each other that we've made it 2-3K miles. People who are not in this position can't comprehend just how badly Ford Motor Company sucks.
I hope those bragging have a lot of wood to knock on.

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19F-59,16-E350, 65C10,05TJ, 67RSCamaro, 65malibuSS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am curious to know is how many of the 40 engine failures used the ASS (auto stop start feature) and how many never used it (by passed it, turned it off etc.) as I have installed the ASS eliminator on mine and will never turn it on because I hate the way it sounds, acts, and am a strong believer that you sound not turn a hot engine off and then restart it every time you stop in traffic and especially when off roading!
Sponsored