First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Running the Ford B6G account is not a powerful position at the company. A customer service intern does not know anything about the 2.7L engine issue, and would be extremely far away from being authorized to speak about it even if she did. I understand harassing Levine, but pinging the Ford B6G account isn't going to do anything.

NHTSA complaints are the most likely way to wake up people at Ford who can actually say or do something. Second to that would be queries pouring in from dealers around North America. Those channels don't offer the catharsis of being able to complain directly to Ford, but those are how Ford determines that something needs to be done.
How could anyone monitoring the B6G account not know anything about the 2.7 issue? You assume that it's a customer service intern and that they are not allowed to comment? Who told them not to comment? Why hasn't someone higher up the food chain commented?

Get real, Ford is well aware of this thread and well aware of the issue. No, this is Ford intentionally not commenting... Furthermore, they erased threads about this on Bronco Nation, if I remember correctly. Now, I appreciate that you want to simp for Ford, but really, there's no excuse for not addressing the issue.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
what type of flat-tow setup did you go with? I'm planning to do the same thing when my rig get here. Thx
I went deluxe - Harbor Freight 5k tow bar $79. It's functional enough, towed it and it worked fine.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was in an accident with my other vehicle and have been waiting almost three months for the parts.

Once I get that back and the bronco is no longer my primary vehicle what can I do to expedite my valvesplosion?

I need my bronco to be reliable for a June vacation so I really want a new engine for then.

I’m half kidding.

xpathf1nderx

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

would like to read this 188 pages...but, wow...

1. Has anyone drawn oil samples for something like Blackstone labs to relate to imminent failure?
2. Is the 2.7L ecoboost the same block as other 2.7l (like in Edge ST)?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You could run the cheapest oil ever made, and it still wouldn't be an excuse for a brand new engine to blow up in the first 5k miles. I don't care how many times you start and stop it. I've had engines with neglected oil that come out like a thick syrup and they didn't blow. It takes a lot more than bad oil, oil change intervals, or start and stop technology, to cause a valve to drop.

I was watching a video about Jeeps 3.6, and rocker arm replacements. I'm not saying it's the same, but basically the rocker arms had a design flaw where the bearings would wear causing loose rods that would rattle. I would imagine the 2.7 engine has some sort of similar design flaw but they sound like have fixed.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a 22 with an AB engine label. Oil is up past the full line to the twist in the dipstick.
Well that sucks. I was really hoping for an address the stupid dipstick issue with the newer engine.

I still can't believe nothing from Ford in regards to the dipstick readings.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I still can't believe nothing from Ford in regards to the dipstick readings.
My guess is 99% of Ford's focus is on electrification; anyone with legacy ICE products can pound sand.

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How could anyone monitoring the B6G account not know anything about the 2.7 issue? You assume that it's a customer service intern and that they are not allowed to comment? Who told them not to comment? Why hasn't someone higher up the food chain commented?

Get real, Ford is well aware of this thread and well aware of the issue. No, this is Ford intentionally not commenting... Furthermore, they erased threads about this on Bronco Nation, if I remember correctly. Now, I appreciate that you want to simp for Ford, but really, there's no excuse for not addressing the issue.
The post by j_marinelli resonates with me with the point, FoMoCo should either stick to only reinforcing positive post with “nice ride” comments etc.,. and not asking for VIN’s to help with issues, OR they need to stop ignoring this thread. If @Ford Motor Company is going to help some Bronco owners here on Bronco6g.com and not others, their posts requesting VINs and DM’s should be deleted. Simply because they are being dishonest. It seems to me FoMoCo want to appear helpful to generate positive feelings towards the brand, but are really not at all interested in helping Bronco owners who have concerns about the reliability of their off-roaders. What we are all experiencing here is not customer service in any shape or form, but sycophancy toward a Brand.

Pretty despicable IMHO.

Last edited:

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 22 with an AB engine label. Oil is up past the full line to the twist in the dipstick.
My oil level is right in the middle of the two dots with the engine cold.

CHECKING THE ENGINE OIL LEVEL
1. Make sure that your vehicle is on level ground.
2. Check the oil level before starting the engine, or switch the engine off after warming up and wait 10 minutes for the oil to drain into the oil pan.
3. Remove the dipstick and wipe it with a clean, lint-free cloth.
4. Reinstall the dipstick and make sure it is fully seated.
5. Remove the dipstick again to check the oil level.
Note: If the oil level is between the maximum and minimum marks, the oil level is acceptable. Do not add oil.

Jon_MothaFkn_Adams

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST, 2021 BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Random thought and maybe my question has been answered but I do not see any recent discussion

How many, if any, of the 40 and counting
1. Changed their own oil prior to engine failure
2. Dealer changed oil prior to failure
3. First oil change never completed

Just an extra data point that would keep me awake if I changed my own at this point as despite all the fixityourself protections where Ford might deny coverage due to blaming it on the owner touching anything under the hood. Not saying they would get very far in court but that might not stop them from trying
I had the dealer change mine at 5k miles.

Sponsored

Jon_MothaFkn_Adams

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The post by j_marinelli resonates with me with the point, FoMoCo should either stick to only reinforcing positive post with “nice ride” comments etc.,. and not asking for VIN’s to help with issues, OR they need to stop ignoring this thread. If @Ford Motor Company is going to help some Bronco owners here on Bronco6g.com and not others, their posts requesting VINs and DM’s should be deleted. Simply because they are being dishonest. It seems to me FoMoCo want to appear helpful to generate positive feelings towards the brand, but are really not at all interested in helping Bronco owners who have concerns about the reliability of their off-roaders. What we are all experiencing here is not customer service in any shape or form, but sycophancy toward a Brand.

Pretty despicable IMHO.
They messaged me and called my dealer. Helped find a motor the next day. So, they have been very helpful. But, they need to be way more proactive.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My oil level is right in the middle of the two dots with the engine cold.

CHECKING THE ENGINE OIL LEVEL
1. Make sure that your vehicle is on level ground.
2. Check the oil level before starting the engine, or switch the engine off after warming up and wait 10 minutes for the oil to drain into the oil pan.
3. Remove the dipstick and wipe it with a clean, lint-free cloth.
4. Reinstall the dipstick and make sure it is fully seated.
5. Remove the dipstick again to check the oil level.
Note: If the oil level is between the maximum and minimum marks, the oil level is acceptable. Do not add oil.
You’re in the minority then. Most people report being well over the max mark (up the twist) while cold.

Jon_MothaFkn_Adams

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can anyone tell me if they heard ticking from what I believe is the exhaust area before failure? I just took a picture of my engine build it it does not bode well for me. Looks like I’m a 209. I have about 1300 miles and no issue yet besides the ticking noise.
A53DA0C3-6861-4488-B38C-39595C1A1070.jpeg
No.