First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeeeeah, I’m paying for a fully loaded bronco, I’ll wait until they can deliver a fully loaded bronco. Unless they’re knocking something off the price… not going to just casually throw away the time value of that money for undisclosed somethings they’re not giving me until some undisclosed later date.
To anyone who just wants their truck or who just wanted something without “bells and whistles” anyway, more power to ya. I hope this helps you get behind the wheel all the sooner.
But for me, bad deal, not interested. I’ll keep waiting.
I’m not being condescending…….just trying to understand your thought process. If it’s going to take a year for ford to get whatever module controls auto start/stop or a heated steering wheel…..with spring, summer, and early fall next up in the Season cycle, you’d rather not receive your Bronco at all?
Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Idk about that at all. 70% of the neon needed for making chips comes from Ukraine, and it’s a byproduct of Russian steel manufacturing. It’s already caused them to cut 50% of the world’s neon output. Russia also provides 1/3 of the worlds palladium, which is needed for making chips as well. A bunch of articles out there saying it’s going to get really rough.
Finally some else who gets it...the invasion of Ukraine is directly affecting our Broncos chips folks!

Tell me this...how is Ford able to transfer money to Russian companies that build parts (for the parts) that are needed in our trucks?
If you believe Elon can shut down the Teslas over there, then don't you also think that there is even a remote possibility of the opposition doing the same? Hello folks wake up but don't get WOKE.

Forscan? Developed in Russia!

Ford likes to outsource MANY parts from other countries!

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Meanwhile bronco production goes on 1500+ per week with 2000 chips each. Car chips are mostly made in Japan. IDK Never heard of those materials needed. Car chips are micro silicon chips. Please Explain where neon and palladium is used?
Ford has a supply for at least a while. Could be tight but a supply.
The neon is used exclusively in the Honky Tonk trim.

TheDoctor

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I feel the same... It would open ford for so much liabilities.. Like if someone gets in an accident and blames ford for not having a chip it should have had.... chaos...?
You might get into an accident because people in the rear seats of your Explorer cannot adjust the vehicle temperature?

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You might get into an accident because people in the rear seats of your Explorer cannot adjust the vehicle temperature?
There goes the warranty...

Sponsored

jcdrico

Outer Banks
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 ford explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
But isn’t this news is what unscheduled bronco6g peeps want? No more dirt mountain right?
Well they will still sit for safety related chips but they will sit less. Mine is currently in icemountain eta of May now ill see if this speeds things up. Just hope I'm missing auto star and not the radio hate to go a year without.

Deltamav

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel the same... It would open ford for so much liabilities.. Like if someone gets in an accident and blames ford for not having a chip it should have had.... chaos...?
Ford wouldn't go this route if it could expose them to future liability in situations like you describe. Say what you want about companies negligently designing vehicles in ways that cause or contribute to accidents, but this is a far different situation, and I just don't see a sophisticated company like Ford taking steps to expose themselves to liability in this way. That would go way beyond negligence and may even constitute the kind of behavior for which punitive damages could be available. I'm sorry, I just don't think your concerns are valid.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
1. If you don't accept your bronco you forfeit it to the dealer, back of the line for you. If you aren't going to pay for it then there are others that will.
2. This is for immediate ROI and smart business. Best option for uncertain times
3. This is not something new

Last edited:

Romano

Badlands
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lets look at Tesla, A person engages auto pilot then gets into passenger seat and takes a nap cause theres more leg room and gets in an accident and sues telsa.... there are really stupid people out there that hold everyone else accountable rather than themselves.

Sponsored

MyFirstBronco01

Big Bend
First Name
Elena
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Idk why people dont like auto start stop. I think in most situations for traffic and such its a good feature. Saves some gas, saves you $$$. Now the Auto Hold feature I hate lol it aint in the broncos but still🤪

Plala

Big Bend
First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I could see this getting ugly as the selling dealer may not be same as the servicing dealer.
It's going to take coordination to get the parts to right dealers.
Dealers that didn't sell the vehicle may not want to do the service.
Actually that’s incorrect. Dealers make most of their money in service and when something is under warranty or owed to a customer by Ford, the dealership that installs it gets the money from Ford. It’s literally money in the dealership who does the repairs’ pocket.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Idk why people dont like auto start stop. I think in most situations for traffic and such its a good feature. Saves some gas, saves you $$$. Now the Auto Hold feature I hate lol it aint in the broncos but still🤪
Just wait till you get to replace your starter AND ring gear on your steed just after the precious warranty expires! You get to pull the engine or drop the trans (and most likely get a new ring gear as well) to fix all the unnecessary wear!

not to mention leaving you stranded when it fails!

Remember extended cranking wears out the electric internals of the starter motor by overheating, BUT thousands of starts causes extreme wear to the ring gear, and starter gear INSTEAD!

Hahaha this far exceeds a fuel savings you thought you were getting with your favorite eco gimmick!

How stupid of a design! The least the manufacturer could do is bathe the starter nose and ring gear in oil!

Last edited:

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've never driven a vehicle with auto start stop. But I had a 2008 mariner hybrid that lagged really bad when the gas pedal was hit at light change. If it causes a lag then I'm never using it.

bek

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I could see this getting ugly as the selling dealer may not be same as the servicing dealer.
It's going to take coordination to get the parts to right dealers.
Dealers that didn't sell the vehicle may not want to do the service.
THIS is what worries me. I am buying from a non-local dealer, and my local dealer kind of blows overall anyway.

Plala

Big Bend
First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You live in Alabama, right? Why does it matter if you don't have heated seats as winter is ending and spring is starting?
I’m in Vegas so I don’t care if I get my heated seat chip until next Thanksgiving lol
Sponsored