cltshadow

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well dang. I’ve had my set for a week or so in the box still and been meaning to finally install them this weekend, but will hold off until OP gets this resolved with IAG. Thanks for the heads up, @jalawson and please keep us posted!
Sponsored

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Still waiting on bronco..so have not installed yet.
Curious if I can wrap or insulate the strut with some sort of rubber or insulator ..soft tops are too flexible for this not to happen.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oof. Wtf. That disclaimer is alarming. I need to go check mine and see if it’s okay.
Actually it is a positive thing generally. The cost of any warranty is built in to the price of an item. If they had unlimited liability, the price would be...unlimited. It keeps the purchase price lower by transferring some of the risk to the buyer. It is a fair trade and one that the OP accepted by agreeing to the terms. (whether they bothered to read and understand those terms is on them).

Was it installed correctly? Was the top mechanism damaged in some way that should have been repaired before installation? Who knows. If the product was defective in some way, they limit the amount of damages to the cost of the item, essentially the warranty is for the cost (to them) of the unit and their profit. Without that disclaimer on just about everything, your choices on things to purchase would be... limited in the extreme. (Consider products that have an express limit of say $10000, like a fancy surge protection unit for tv and stereo. The cost of those surge protectors seems unreasonably high compared to an amazon basic power strip. The lions share of the difference is not in the parts or labor, but in that $10000 warranty. If they end up paying a failure rate of 1% of that full amount, it is $100 per unit extra in cost, the consumer pays up front just in case they are one of the unlucky ones.)

lostinva

Outer Banks
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4 (2019)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Actually it is a positive thing generally. The cost of any warranty is built in to the price of an item. If they had unlimited liability, the price would be...unlimited. It keeps the purchase price lower by transferring some of the risk to the buyer. It is a fair trade and one that the OP accepted by agreeing to the terms. (whether they bothered to read and understand those terms is on them).

Was it installed correctly? Was the top mechanism damaged in some way that should have been repaired before installation? Who knows. If the product was defective in some way, they limit the amount of damages to the cost of the item, essentially the warranty is for the cost (to them) of the unit and their profit. Without that disclaimer on just about everything, your choices on things to purchase would be... limited in the extreme. (Consider products that have an express limit of say $10000, like a fancy surge protection unit for tv and stereo. The cost of those surge protectors seems unreasonably high compared to an amazon basic power strip. The lions share of the difference is not in the parts or labor, but in that $10000 warranty. If they end up paying a failure rate of 1% of that full amount, it is $100 per unit extra in cost, the consumer pays up front just in case they are one of the unlucky ones.)
Yes but there is also part where the manufacturer should do testing of their product before it is released to market. Did IAG test for a day, a week, a month? Or did they spec design it knowing they were putting material in a low clearance area then rush it to market to recoup their development costs? Cause that stuff happens too, and now someone’s 40k-60k ride is scuffed up. That it happened in such a short amount of time to multiple people doesn’t pass the sniff test. Poorly designed gear used to take years to come to light now it takes minutes. Thanks for posting @jalawson

mpdnj

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just checked mine and it's doing the same. Clearance is fine in the up position but in the down position the strut is rubbing against the bottom of the roll bar. It's only on the passenger side. Drivers side seems to be OK.
Probably a little dramatic for people to be complaining about the "damage" it caused - just needs some touch up but definitely needs to be addressed. Maybe some more felt on the roll bar?

20220319_083302.jpg

20220319_083414.jpg

Sponsored

Hyfly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Will be interesting to see what iag offers here as a solution.

Dubsesd

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford F-150, 06 Roush Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just checked mine and it's doing the same. Clearance is fine in the up position but in the down position the strut is rubbing against the bottom of the roll bar. It's only on the passenger side. Drivers side seems to be OK.
Probably a little dramatic for people to be complaining about the "damage" it caused - just needs some touch up but definitely needs to be addressed. Maybe some more felt on the roll bar?

20220319_083302.jpg

20220319_083414.jpg
Yes I agree a little dramatic. Things happen. Worse things have happened. Not the end of the world I’m sure everything will get resolved

RClark82

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150, 2008 F150, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just checked mine. I had scuffing in the same spot. I have only put the top in the full back position once since installing the kit. I heard a rattle but thought it was a latch.

I will rarely have the top full back and not completely removed, however would like the option. I mostly purchased the kit for a proprod bypass. Overall I'm happy with it.

Looking forward to @IAG Performance comments on a fix.

OP
OP
jalawson

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco, ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will be interesting to see what iag offers here as a solution.
So far the recommendation is loosening 3 soft top attachment bolts on the side there is clearance and tightening the 3 bolts on the side that runs to try and move the soft top in that direction. I will be taking measurements and trying this when I get home this morning.

OP
OP
jalawson

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco, ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes but there is also part where the manufacturer should do testing of their product before it is released to market. Did IAG test for a day, a week, a month? Or did they spec design it knowing they were putting material in a low clearance area then rush it to market to recoup their development costs? Cause that stuff happens too, and now someone’s 40k-60k ride is scuffed up. That it happened in such a short amount of time to multiple people doesn’t pass the sniff test. Poorly designed gear used to take years to come to light now it takes minutes. Thanks for posting @jalawson
You’re welcome. I’ll continue to update with how IAG handles it.

Sponsored

ByrdDogX

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had them in my cart, but holding off at this point. Yes, it might be minor - but so is a rock chip. I'm not going to go out and purposely fling a rock at my Bronco knowing it might cause damage, just like I'm not going to install something that appears to have a trending problem.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So you bitched to the entire Bronco6g world first. What is your agenda? Sympathy? Group-hate directed at a vendor? A rally?
Or notifying others of a potential issue? Of which several others have now discovered they have as well????

JDHNRV

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks OP. Got my set of struts this week as well and was going to install this morning. I’ll hold off until we hear something definitive from you or IAG.

JDHNRV

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So you bitched to the entire Bronco6g world first. What is your agenda? Sympathy? Group-hate directed at a vendor? A rally?
I’m going to assume he did it to see if others are having the same problem to see if it is an issue with his set or a design flaw. Based on the majority of responses here, I’d say most feel the same way.

I’d question the point of your post, though. Standing up for a vendor on a message board or just being a dick?

TCC

Wildtrak
First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX -> WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m still waiting on my truck 🤞 but these are on my list. Perhaps adjusting the top will help but these tops have a lot of lateral flexing when not locked. I’m thinking an easy fix would be to get a length of rubber hose that will tightly slip it over the cylinders.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.