KhoiPhish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I guess I will email them. My thought was to wrap the strut body with sound dampening material. It worked in the past for a few other things on different vehicles.
Shouldn't have to do a janky solution. They sent me strut replacements, I'll try to get to it this weekend.
Sponsored

JFelty

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Shouldn't have to do a janky solution. They sent me strut replacements, I'll try to get to it this weekend.
Let me know how the new ones do after installation.

JFelty

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@KhoiPhish I reached out to IAG again regarding my tube rattle and they sent me a set of new tubes. I installed them over the long weekend and no more rattles from the tubes :) I also fixed the rattle coming from the vent on the tailgate. On to finding the next source of noise :)

@IAG Performance thank you for the great customer service!

KhoiPhish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

@KhoiPhish I reached out to IAG again regarding my tube rattle and they sent me a set of new tubes. I installed them over the long weekend and no more rattles from the tubes :) I also fixed the rattle coming from the vent on the tailgate. On to finding the next source of noise :)

I still haven’t done mine, but I will today! Glad it fixed and glad they were good to you as well.

KhoiPhish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

H

How’d you fix the tailgate rattle?

Sidenote replaced it, fixed the rattle. It was SO easy to replace, I have no clue why I kept putting it off lol.

Sponsored

JFelty

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
H

How’d you fix the tailgate rattle?

Sidenote replaced it, fixed the rattle. It was SO easy to replace, I have no clue why I kept putting it off lol.
I used foam gasket material with adhesive on one side of it. Cut out a rectangle stuck it to the backside of plastic vent and put it back. No more rattle :)

KhoiPhish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I used foam gasket material with adhesive on one side of it. Cut out a rectangle stuck it to the backside of plastic vent and put it back. No more rattle :)
Any chance you can attach a picture of where?

JFelty

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Any chance you can attach a picture of where?
I used this from Scamazon: Yotache Thin Weather Stripping 2 Strips Total 65 Feet Long 1/16 Inch Thick x (.25) 1/4 Inch Wide, 1.5mm Foam Gasket Seal Tape for Window, Sliding Door Jamb, Speaker, Dashboard, 2 X 33 Ft Each https://a.co/d/8YubNGZ

I popped the vent out starting on the side closet to the outer edge. Be careful there are some clips on the other side that could break off. I placed the gasket material close to the edge and stuck it back on the tailgate.

KhoiPhish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I used this from Scamazon: Yotache Thin Weather Stripping 2 Strips Total 65 Feet Long 1/16 Inch Thick x (.25) 1/4 Inch Wide, 1.5mm Foam Gasket Seal Tape for Window, Sliding Door Jamb, Speaker, Dashboard, 2 X 33 Ft Each https://a.co/d/8YubNGZ

I popped the vent out starting on the side closet to the outer edge. Be careful there are some clips on the other side that could break off. I placed the gasket material close to the edge and stuck it back on the tailgate.
The long thin vent or the big chunky one on the hump?

JFelty

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The long thin vent or the big chunky one on the hump?
Big chunky one. I forgot the other one was there it's hidden by my sub box.
Ford Bronco IAG EZ-Lift Soft Top Assist 1674102654150

Sponsored

MudMonsterRacin

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Installed the top assist on the wife's bronco today. Fast shipping and great product. Only issue I'm having is that the top is hard to close after I open the rear and get the struts raise it. I saw someone said you can adjust the latches by the tailgate? Maybe I missed what I need to adjust but if someone could help I'd appreciate it. The wife's not gonna like how hard I have to slam the rear to close it. Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Installed the top assist on the wife's bronco today. Fast shipping and great product. Only issue I'm having is that the top is hard to close after I open the rear and get the struts raise it. I saw someone said you can adjust the latches by the tailgate? Maybe I missed what I need to adjust but if someone could help I'd appreciate it. The wife's not gonna like how hard I have to slam the rear to close it. Thanks in advance.
There are two nuts on each of the latches on each side. Simply loosen them slightly. You likely need to slide them in toward the middle just a little bit. We aren't talking much here. Start with 1/16" increments. It should take some force, but no more than closing any strut-assisted trunk or hood you are used to closing.

MudMonsterRacin

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There are two nuts on each of the latches on each side. Simply loosen them slightly. You likely need to slide them in toward the middle just a little bit. We aren't talking much here. Start with 1/16" increments. It should take some force, but no more than closing any strut-assisted trunk or hood you are used to closing.
I figured that was what I needed to edjust but I didn't wanna make it worse. Thanks!!!!

Smitty1979

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 F-100, 2016 F150, 2021 Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I messaged you as well, I'm having the same rattle coming from the shock tube as the guy above did.

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I messaged you as well, I'm having the same rattle coming from the shock tube as the guy above did.
Mine has become worse. I messaged but never heard back and forget about it until I go for a ride. I may just pull them out at this point.
Sponsored