Sponsored

Is my wife right that I'm nuts, or am I brilliant??? Please gut check me!!

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Welcome to the Forum...great place to learn about Broncos and "meet" folks.

Last week I took delivery of a WildTrak and it was very gratifying after a 609 day wait. A dominating thought when I gaze at it is, "I am glad I held out for what I wanted".

Instant gratification isnt always what it's cracked up to be.

However you decide to take delivery (instant or wait), be sure to use the Owners Checklist for Delivery (OCD).

OCD Link: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...cd-version-for-expectant-bronco-owners.29870/

Ford Bronco Is my wife right that I'm nuts, or am I brilliant???  Please gut check me!! 20220318_093656
Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Your gamble is that the used market will remain hot and you will be able to recoup your investment. For me it would be a no go. Inflation is soring, fuel prices are ridiculous, and the Ukraine situation isn't helping anyone's confidence.

WCS67

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sooo I'm having a hard time waiting over here.... Scared I wont get my baby till 2023... And nothing to have fun with this summer with the family.

Let me start off by saying I lose nothing on taxes when switching cars per my state, and only pay the difference. So if I sell a 45k car and buy a 49k one I only pay the 4k difference and $50 licensing to the state. No biggie or I'm out only $50's in my opinion.

The situation:

I have a White WT on order with hard top/2.7/leather/High/Lux pkg and the 3.0 Hoss... Placed it 2/1/22, updated to Hoss 3.0 on 3/9. Yes I know you have been waiting longer & hope you get yours before I do!

However.... from my dealer I have been offered a new white Outerbanks (Hitting the ground in 2 weeks), soft/2.3/High pkg for only 3k over sticker. Mind you this is a sticker prior to the new price hikes... So I'm telling myself its really only $1,700 over sticker. Total $48,395 all in.

I plan on putting 35's and black wheels with a 2" lift. Nothing crazy, maybe an extra 3.5k, so $52,000 all in. Just get it to look like a proportioned Bronco.

Then when the WT Bronco on order comes in I'll sell the Outerbanks for say 53k-55k and put 1k-3k in my pocket.

Yes I know their selling for more, and maybe it does.... but not counting on it. Breaking even is a win for me!

My question for the group:

1) Is my wife right that I'm crazy and should calm the hell down and go mow the lawn and wait for my WT on order.
2) Is this brilliant and if you could you would do the exact same thing?
3) Is my math right on this, and if I sell at the time I get me WT I could at least break even? Or do you feel there would be a profit, and if so your thoughts on how much? (I will use these opinions in my case to her for doing this)

This seems like a no brainer, please gut check me :)
Listen to the wife!

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
And nothing to have fun with this summer with the family.
This sounds a little sad, to be honest but if you want the vehicle, and your financial situation allows, go for it.

Sponsored

bikearch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sooo I'm having a hard time waiting over here.... Scared I wont get my baby till 2023... And nothing to have fun with this summer with the family.

Let me start off by saying I lose nothing on taxes when switching cars per my state, and only pay the difference. So if I sell a 45k car and buy a 49k one I only pay the 4k difference and $50 licensing to the state. No biggie or I'm out only $50's in my opinion.

The situation:

I have a White WT on order with hard top/2.7/leather/High/Lux pkg and the 3.0 Hoss... Placed it 2/1/22, updated to Hoss 3.0 on 3/9. Yes I know you have been waiting longer & hope you get yours before I do!

However.... from my dealer I have been offered a new white Outerbanks (Hitting the ground in 2 weeks), soft/2.3/High pkg for only 3k over sticker. Mind you this is a sticker prior to the new price hikes... So I'm telling myself its really only $1,700 over sticker. Total $48,395 all in.

I plan on putting 35's and black wheels with a 2" lift. Nothing crazy, maybe an extra 3.5k, so $52,000 all in. Just get it to look like a proportioned Bronco.

Then when the WT Bronco on order comes in I'll sell the Outerbanks for say 53k-55k and put 1k-3k in my pocket.

Yes I know their selling for more, and maybe it does.... but not counting on it. Breaking even is a win for me!

1) Is my wife right that I'm crazy and should calm the hell down and go mow the lawn and wait for my WT on order.
3) Is my math right on this, and if I sell at the time I get me WT I could at least break even? Or do you feel there would be a profit, and if so your thoughts on how much? (I will use these opinions in my case to her for doing this)

Brillant!!! and tell your wife I told you so!!!!

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

in my mind wifes are always wrong lol just do it if it makes u happy the wait was killing me

Maine Explorer

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here's the gut check. You are married, if you agree with her you're brilliant if you don't your nuts.

Not gender specific here or anything but if the person you love is already willing to let you drop 50k on a toy (*that's also a good vehicle but still a crazy fun one)... don't push your luck

Also you don't want to spend this summer trying not to get sand in or scratches on the bronco you don't plan on keeping. You'd have to tiptoe around in your own rig and that just doesn't sound fun. Get YOUR bronco and ding it up, worth the wait.

At the same time, your money so if you do get the other bronco just for this summer I hope you enjoy the hell out of it.

Missy_Fussy

Black Diamond
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Bertbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Everyone says they’re selling high but I see the same ones sitting on the dealer lots for 2-3 months. I’m not believing it. Ask as high a price as you want but I think you’ll be making two payments while you wait and wait. I wouldn’t pay high.

Sponsored

Hot Pepper Diamond

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here's my advice, don't get advice from strangers on the internet... do whammies sense for you.

It's your life!

Ultralisk

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The situation:

I don't think they should be adding ADM, but that aside, only do this if losing 10K in value on the Outer Banks would be an acceptable outcome because you can't really be sure what the value of it will be by the time you're able to get your WT. I wouldn't assume breaking even is the most likely outcome a year+ from now. Its possible you break even, and even possible you still make a profit. But its also possible that you get your truck late 2023 and year old Outer Banks are getting high 30's for trade, and low 40s for private party. Especially since I would guess that Outer Banks are going to depreciate more than other models (no lockers, luxury stuff that seems to depreciate more rapidly). Cheaper models are such good values they'll probably hold it decently, and all the off-road models have the tech that off-road drivers will be looking for in a used purchase.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base

The situation:

Its your decision, but if you want a Bronco anytime soon go for it. I know everyone says get what you want, but a Bronco is a Bronco, and that Outerbanks isn't exactly a Base (and I Love my Base!). For what its worth, the 2.3L is a great motor plenty of power, and unlike the 2.7 has a spin on oil filter and aluminum oil pan, both pluses in my opinion.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Take all of the future money out of the equation. If you can afford it and want it, buy it. Deal with the next one when it comes in. Anticipate that it is a typical automobile transaction with typical depreciation and you won't be disappointed.
Sponsored