Sponsored

Is my wife right that I'm nuts, or am I brilliant??? Please gut check me!!

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sooo I'm having a hard time waiting over here.... Scared I wont get my baby till 2023... And nothing to have fun with this summer with the family.

Let me start off by saying I lose nothing on taxes when switching cars per my state, and only pay the difference. So if I sell a 45k car and buy a 49k one I only pay the 4k difference and $50 licensing to the state. No biggie or I'm out only $50's in my opinion.

The situation:

I have a White WT on order with hard top/2.7/leather/High/Lux pkg and the 3.0 Hoss... Placed it 2/1/22, updated to Hoss 3.0 on 3/9. Yes I know you have been waiting longer & hope you get yours before I do!

However.... from my dealer I have been offered a new white Outerbanks (Hitting the ground in 2 weeks), soft/2.3/High pkg for only 3k over sticker. Mind you this is a sticker prior to the new price hikes... So I'm telling myself its really only $1,700 over sticker. Total $48,395 all in.

I plan on putting 35's and black wheels with a 2" lift. Nothing crazy, maybe an extra 3.5k, so $52,000 all in. Just get it to look like a proportioned Bronco.

Then when the WT Bronco on order comes in I'll sell the Outerbanks for say 53k-55k and put 1k-3k in my pocket.

Yes I know their selling for more, and maybe it does.... but not counting on it. Breaking even is a win for me!

My question for the group:

1) Is my wife right that I'm crazy and should calm the hell down and go mow the lawn and wait for my WT on order.
2) Is this brilliant and if you could you would do the exact same thing?
3) Is my math right on this, and if I sell at the time I get me WT I could at least break even? Or do you feel there would be a profit, and if so your thoughts on how much? (I will use these opinions in my case to her for doing this)

This seems like a no brainer, please gut check me :)
Wait for the Wildtrak. Why add time, blood, sweat and tears over the Outerbanks over the summer? You will just end up having the same conversation saying you are waiting for your WT, trying to enjoy the OB.

Spring is calling, yard work is here.... Good luck!
Sponsored

Reactions: Rpm

Ashlesophia

Wildtrak
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Cadillac CT5, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sooo I'm having a hard time waiting over here.... Scared I wont get my baby till 2023... And nothing to have fun with this summer with the family.

Let me start off by saying I lose nothing on taxes when switching cars per my state, and only pay the difference. So if I sell a 45k car and buy a 49k one I only pay the 4k difference and $50 licensing to the state. No biggie or I'm out only $50's in my opinion.

The situation:

I have a White WT on order with hard top/2.7/leather/High/Lux pkg and the 3.0 Hoss... Placed it 2/1/22, updated to Hoss 3.0 on 3/9. Yes I know you have been waiting longer & hope you get yours before I do!

However.... from my dealer I have been offered a new white Outerbanks (Hitting the ground in 2 weeks), soft/2.3/High pkg for only 3k over sticker. Mind you this is a sticker prior to the new price hikes... So I'm telling myself its really only $1,700 over sticker. Total $48,395 all in.

I plan on putting 35's and black wheels with a 2" lift. Nothing crazy, maybe an extra 3.5k, so $52,000 all in. Just get it to look like a proportioned Bronco.

Then when the WT Bronco on order comes in I'll sell the Outerbanks for say 53k-55k and put 1k-3k in my pocket.

Yes I know their selling for more, and maybe it does.... but not counting on it. Breaking even is a win for me!

1) Is my wife right that I'm crazy and should calm the hell down and go mow the lawn and wait for my WT on order.
3) Is my math right on this, and if I sell at the time I get me WT I could at least break even? Or do you feel there would be a profit, and if so your thoughts on how much? (I will use these opinions in my case to her for doing this)

lol Iā€™m siding with the wife on this one. Sit your butt in a corner somewhere because thereā€™s no telling what the market will do months from now. The pretty OBX wonā€™t fill the void for long. Not worth the risk of potentially going upside down.
And That WT with options will be over 60k since you ordered after prices had already gone up. šŸ˜¬

DrSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The longer you wait the more quality issues that will be ironed out. After having one, going through a front end blow out and having to return, Iā€™d wait.

Burnz442

Black Diamond
First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A,1969 442 W-30, 1986 CJ-7 2000 Firehwk
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I say go for it....!
You never know when your order will be here and by the looks of it probably will be MY23 for a lot of us. I was able to find a 2 DR. BD SAS 2.7 Demo 3 months ago and couldn't be happier paid MSRP. I'm getting to know what I like and don't like and have adjusted my order which is a BL SAS 2.7 LUX. its like leasing to me until my order comes in and even if I lose 1-2k when I sell its been well worth it these Broncos are a blast. By the way my wife gave the go ahead so I got that cleared right away although 32yrs of marriage I knew better not to ask. LOL.
Ive been offered more than what I paid and 2 doors are such a unicorn that going anywhere is fun meeting and talking with people.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So you ordered a hard top V6 with lux, and extra cost special suspension (presumably because it was really important to you), and... you don't see any conflict with accepting a soft top, standard suspension, weaker axle, no front locker, no A4 transfer case (by your numbers it was not optioned with it.), so no rear locker either. No trail turn assist, and some other off road goodies. This is something you want to pay ADM to keep for an undetermined amount of time and hope you don't lose too much money.

Just wait five minutes until a squirrel or something shiny catches your eye, you will forget all about the Bronco and want something else. These two broncos are about as different as can be, you are a flake for even considering the OBX on a temporary basis.
Ford Bronco Is my wife right that I'm nuts, or am I brilliant???  Please gut check me!! giphy-2

Sponsored

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If your wife is all in on finding someone to watch the kiddos and driving down to the dealership with you and signing the paperwork, it's a great idea. If she says mow the lawn silly boy, then mow the lawn. I almost succumbed to this idea when I saw one on a used non Ford lot, but never even pitched the idea, knowing better, and I don't even have a lawn.

Reactions: Cat
OP
OP

Ryan Feilner

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
lol Iā€™m siding with the wife on this one. Sit your butt in a corner somewhere because thereā€™s no telling what the market will do months from now. The pretty OBX wonā€™t fill the void for long. Not worth the risk of potentially going upside down.
And That WT with options will be over 60k since you ordered after prices had already gone up. šŸ˜¬
So I'm sitting in my corner typing this..... :(

I sat down with the wife and went through every ones thoughts... (Yes she loves it when you tell her she's right) I would say it was about a 70% recommended to wait for the WT and high probability of not breaking even.

Some of the points, or ideas that got me thinking a bit was.

1) Maybe check out some old jeeps that will definitely hold their value better to scratch the itch with.
2) If I was going to take the plunge and get froggy, maybe one that is a bit less $ and has a locker possibly...

For now, I'm done with the lawn (Looks great!) and will chew on all your thoughts.

First time actually writing on a forum and really appreciated the candor and positive energy!

So excited to be apart of the Bronco community going forward!

Ryan

UtahLars

First Edition
First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Ford Bronco First Edition. ā€˜21 Audi RS6 Avan
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Put the ADM in context for me. If you wait and take the one you ordered, will you get it for sticker? Or is that uncertain?

If you are sure you will get it for MSRP, I wouldn't pay the ADM on another Bronco to get it sooner. Can you tell them you'll take it but without the ADM?

If they won't go for that and they won't zero out the ADM, can you take the immediate outerbanks but keep your order in place? Even if you don't want 2 Broncos, at least that way, you'll have a shot at recovering any ADM you pay on the early Bronco by immediately flipping the new one before you put any miles on it. (Or you can sell the original if prices are attractive.)

Obviously you do take some market risk but if you have a deal for MSRP or better I would not give that up easily.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I'm sitting in my corner typing this..... :(

I sat down with the wife and went through every ones thoughts... (Yes she loves it when you tell her she's right) I would say it was about a 70% recommended to wait for the WT and high probability of not breaking even.

Some of the points, or ideas that got me thinking a bit was.

1) Maybe check out some old jeeps that will definitely hold their value better to scratch the itch with.
2) If I was going to take the plunge and get froggy, maybe one that is a bit less $ and has a locker possibly...

For now, I'm done with the lawn (Looks great!) and will chew on all your thoughts.

First time actually writing on a forum and really appreciated the candor and positive energy!

So excited to be apart of the Bronco community going forward!

Ryan
Buy a Bronco sport for under msrp....Put some cool stickers on it. Tell people it is a real Bronco, and then wait for the real thing!! Best idea ever!!!!

A lot of good points on just waiting it out...

r21free

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You many never get one! some people are still waiting from March of 2021...

Sponsored

Darren13

Big Bend
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Roush Mustang/ Fj Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I ordered one Feb 2nd with MIC so I know it will be a while. I found a BB at dealerships in Georgia for msrp. It was their demo. Had 2k miles and looks perfect. They even had added raptor style steps at no costs. Was looking to trade or sell when order comes in but my wife loves driving and really canā€™t wait for summer to take too and doors off. Really want to mod but donā€™t know if I should just wait on ordered one comes in. Did change out speakers with R. Fosgates which is a must.

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fine line between the two. If you can get it just above MSRP and put $3500 into I think youā€™ll get your money back and then some. Around my place ADMs are $15K. If you sell it anything above $5K your close enough And it is still a GOOD deal compared to paying the stupid high ADMs. Hell, with 35s you could probably put a lift on made out of blocks of wood and some young guy will buy it because it looks cools. Have fun with it and then get the one you want.

Plala

Big Bend
First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Happy wife=Happy lifeā€¦just sayinā€™ā€¦

Reactions: Cat

Grayeti

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do it... YOLO!

Keep it stock, it pretty cool as is. But whatever you do do not miss out on a year of fun with the family! I waited 18 months and 3 days, but it is so worth it. Once people truly understand what an awesome vehicle this thing is, demand is gonna be there. In the end you may lose a little value but think about all the great family adventures... those are priceless!

šŸ„³šŸ„³

Mdeamon

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai tucson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

The situation:

You are right,,,, buy it now ,,,,
Life is too short to not enjoy,,,,,
I almost die during covid in august last year and spend 4 days at the icu,,,,, i got my bronco in december,,,,,
Enjoy it now,,,,,,buy it asap 1700 is noting for over the stick with everything going on,,,,,, maybe when you get your wildtrack gas will be 12$/gallon and not be able to enjoy it as much,,,,,, maybe you will get sick with a new variant of covid,,,,,,,
Life too short ,,,,do wha5 make ypu happy if you can afford it,,,,,,
I got my bronco in dec. I already have 6k on it going to moab soon,,,, latee this year colorado ,,,
All the trail in my bucket list i am doing it this year

I hope that help
Sponsored