Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now lets take a look at the March ratio of built to sold. Built: 14, 953 Sold: 9,757. Delay. Delay. Delay.
You can't sell a Bronco in March that was built on 3/31. As part of the 3/21 build week, there have not been lengthy delays through 3/28.
Sponsored

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Xterra; 04 Element; 06 Sentra; 10 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not my understanding.

If it already has been scheduled when it gets canceled, the Bronco "exists". It gets built and sent to the dealer, like you say.

If it hasn't already been scheduled when it gets canceled, the order disappears. Presumably that dealer's allocation remains the same, but whatever's next in the dealer's queue would get scheduled in lieu of the cancellation. [That's a slight simplification of how scheduling actually works, but for the purposes of this discussion it's enough.]

This doesn't count dealers that play games they aren't supposed to play, i.e. when you "cancel" they keep the Bronco on the books against your wishes, in order to get a lot Bronco to mark up.
This is exactly what happened to me. Nine days after placing my initial order, I formally in writing requested that the dealership cancel my order because I found better pricing another dealership. As of my last phone call to Ford, there was still a record of my first order in their system. It will end up being built and becoming dealer stock.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is exactly what happened to me. Nine days after placing my initial order, I formally in writing requested that the dealership cancel my order because I found better pricing another dealership. As of my last phone call to Ford, there was still a record of my first order in their system. It will end up being built and becoming dealer stock.
It's such an obvious way to generate a Bronco that can be marked up to high heaven that it's probably pretty common. Even a dim sales manager can see that they can potentially make more if buyers walk away.

It's not fair to you (whose name is probably still attached to the order in a database, against your will), Ford, or other Bronco orderers. The more scrupulous dealers aren't doing this, but it might be costing them $10-$20k ADM per vehicle to do so. Because of the name match rules, they can only get away with this so many times though.

The way Ford set up this reservation system is really miserable. So many bad incentives.

BenderSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So lifetime production of the Bronco is 90k units, lifetime sales, 58k. (Numbers from monthly Ford sales/production reports).

So Ford has 32k Broncos still corralled in the barn. Therefore for every 100 Broncos produced, Ford sells 65, that's a high, and expensive, inventory of units.

Bob L

Outer Banks
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

March Production 14,953
  • Bronco Production: 14,953 vehicles. Production (YTD): 36,353 vehicles.
    • March 2022 production represents a 76.7% increase from February 2022.
  • See March sales stats @ šŸ“ˆ Bronco March 2022 Sales: 9,757 Sold

- almost 15k in March ! !
- not bad - at this rate Ford could clear a lot of Reservations in '22
- w order bank closed, maybe less 'special favors' dealers, Ford employees, family, friends and so forth - maybe MAP can focus clearing early Reservations

March Production.jpg
Can anyone with direct knowledge say how many have shipped, also how many are still awaiting modules and are being held in a lot near the MAP? Production numbers are getting better and that is awesome as well as sales numbers! Keep it up all the hard working Americans at MAP!!!

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
You're assuming everybody that reserved has converted to order and everybody that converted to order never cancelled. I tried to argue this point with somebody yesterday. What I want to know is how many CURRENT orders are sitting and waiting at this time. 50k? I feel pretty good, 150k? not so much.
In April (2021) Ford had roughly 140,000 orders, out of 190,000 reservations.

Manufactured Broncos also include the FCTP Mannequins, test articles, and they have also built Broncos for walk in customers after they closed the reservation system. So, maybe 80-90,000 reservation holders left holding the bag.

Also, cancelling an Order doesn't cancel the Bronco. If the dealer has the order in, he's just going to take it for stock, and probably change the config to a more build-able unit.

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Subaru 77 Cutlass Supreme
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So roughly 91k Broncos total have already rolled down the production line. Figure there are probably about another 20k scheduled for April and May.

So if you don't have a VIN yet, Ford didn't consider you for one of the first 110k Broncos to be built.
Which is crazy considering there are probably a ton of 2020 rezi's that have yet to be converted yet. It's fully ridiculous.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's not quite that dire, as mannequins, review units, and other misc. Broncos never appear in the "sold" category, and thousands aren't held up at all, but going through their "normal" month in delivery time. We would expect production to be a month ahead of sales.
Mannequins count as SOLD, because Ford uses FCTP as a pass-through entity. Standard accounting shenanigans.

Are people so used to Amazon 2-day shipping that they forget that it takes weeks and weeks to ship cars? They still use choo-choo trains for heaven's sake.

My Dad just got word yesterday that the Explorer ST he orders was built. Should arrive at the dealership in 3-4 weeks, by train. He's even getting Rapid Red the bastard.

Bob L

Outer Banks
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

March Production 14,953
  • Bronco Production: 14,953 vehicles. Production (YTD): 36,353 vehicles.
    • March 2022 production represents a 76.7% increase from February 2022.
  • See March sales stats @ šŸ“ˆ Bronco March 2022 Sales: 9,757 Sold

- almost 15k in March ! !
- not bad - at this rate Ford could clear a lot of Reservations in '22
- w order bank closed, maybe less 'special favors' dealers, Ford employees, family, friends and so forth - maybe MAP can focus clearing early Reservations

March Production.jpg
Does anyone know how many Broncos were accepted in the MY22 order bank???

Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know how many Broncos were accepted in the MY22 order bank???
No. Ford isn't sharing.

In the summer, Ford announced 125k reservations had converted to orders. At the beginning of September (~1.5 mo. before the MY22 order book opened), they said the 125k had remained roughly steady, with new conversions and orders balancing out cancellations and sales. But that was before production truly ramped, and they said orders were tapering off.

If I had to guess, I'd say they went into MY22 about 100k strong? And we've had ~36k MY22s produced. There are some new orders but probably some new people bailing out too... I bet it roughly evens out.

If all that mattered for production was reservation timestamp, and they didn't hit any major shutdowns, they could finish up the backlog in MY22. But it's not going to work that way. The biggest danger to people with orders right now has to be the dreaded phrase "dealer stock", which has not been a big factor thus far, but may start causing some real rancor once allocations start outstripping orders at some dealers.

KPLOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

DUUUVAL95

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

so they can make 15000 new ones but there are still a S-ton (including mine) sitting on a lot waiting for parts?!
Where do you think all the ones they made are coming from? I had a 1/14 production date and it sat on Ice Mt. until 3/24 when it was ā€œBuiltā€
Still has not shipped though, lol.
I know that doesnā€™t help much, just pointing out how they ā€œbuiltā€ so many in March. April should be double that and hopefully yours will be included!!!
Fingers crossed, just please, whatever you do, donā€™t hold your breath!!!
Stay strong!!!

KPLOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Someone on this forum was posting the production trend vs number of orders and extrapolating the trend to predict when theoretically the average order would be built. Is that being updated? Anybody have a link? I couldnā€™t find it

Preacher

Big Bend
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford flex
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
so they can make 15000 new ones but there are still a S-ton (including mine) sitting on a lot waiting for parts?!
Does anyone know how many 21 is not delivered, and how many 22 orders there is?
Sponsored