Sponsored

For those that have their Broncos, what's your biggest complaint?

Richterman

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, Superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the placement of the headlight switch. My knee bumps it getting in and out.
Sponsored

IndyBD

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Variable wiper speeds or windshield angle (maybe both play a role). Anything more than a light sprinkle requires wipers to be full speed to see.

Edit: And towing capacity. Really wish it was at least 5000 lbs

Last edited:

kenkwap

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98, 99, 2000 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The fact that I have 7200 mi on it in 4mo and barely it for the last two months to hold the miles down! but the real issue is the mud flap issue with SAS Pkg and Step Bars/Rock Rails.

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love my vehicle. If I had to pick one thing, it’s the double-honk when exiting the Bronco w/the key fob.

i know Forscan can remove this, but it’s my understanding that the Russian War has impacted the ability to get a software license to do so. I just wish I didn’t need a software license to turn off this obnoxious feature.

im even cognizant of it, but I still accidentally set it off from time-to-time. Every time I do it, I get someone looking at me thinking I’m trying to get their attention.
This seems to have fixed the double honk crap on mine. Did it yesterday:
- Make sure Bronco is off and at rest
- Hold lock and unlock buttons down on the key fob 3 seconds until lights blink twice
- Release both buttons
- Press lock button

I tried it and no more stupid double honk!

Sponsored

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My biggest gripe is the settings amnesia it seems to suffer from. Won't remember any of the following from start to start:
  • Auto headlamp - the auto bright feature is downright comical if you live where there are only a few cars and lots of curvy roads and hills)
  • ASS - could you at least remember what my last ASS setting was?
  • Radio tune on the steering wheel - puts me back in FM if I tough it rather than tuning thru XM.
  • Goat mode - why even prompt me to return to the non-normal one when I restart?

Still loving it, but a little more thought into some basic programming techniques would have made it even more friendly.

Rm20148

Black Diamond
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Audio system is not good. $750 and about 10 hrs of tinkering fixed it.
Hi! Would love to get your input/selections for the speakers you chose. Not looking to do a full sound system upgrade, just better than the awful sound I get now!

BigBendGeo

Big Bend
First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
- Stock sound system is horrible, the stock sound system in the Honda Civic I came from was worlds better. Fix is in the works.
- Driver and passenger window rattling when it’s midway down.
- Interior lighting could be better.

Just to name a few, pretty minor no major complaints.

I promise you, you’ll love it regardless. I’ve had it since December and still feel a sense of pride driving it. It’s just a cool looking vehicle and a neck breather regardless of the color. All trims looks amazing.

jordan2303

Big Bend
First Name
Demond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep commander
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I got my build date today so I'm expecting to receive my Bronco in July, but I was wondering for those that already had theirs what your biggest issue with the Bronco is. I'm admittedly a filthy offroading casual (I got the BB/midpackage and it's really just going to be my daily driver with occasional offroading) but I was thinking about what mods (mostly interior) I wanted to go for
0417221131b_HDR.jpg

0417221131c_HDR.jpg

Sponsored

Ingrid

Outer Banks
First Name
Ingrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OB Sasquatch; 89 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Absolutely zero complaints. Loving the vehicle. Want one in every color.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi! Would love to get your input/selections for the speakers you chose. Not looking to do a full sound system upgrade, just better than the awful sound I get now!
I started with Infinity Refence 4" speakers. They are slight lower resistance and slightly more sensitive than most other brands in the 4" size and around the same $ (I think I paid $70 last summer for them), so they played a bit louder and were much clearer. I added 300hz bass blockers and that helped a bit more. That turned the stock system to "tolerable". I had one of the 4" voice coils go bad (intermittent buzzing) so while I was upgrading, I switched the front 4" and 6.75" to Kicker KS series (middle of their line?) based on good reviews and price vs. performance. Slight warmer sound and to my surprise, it improved the sound stage a bit. I would try either of the 4" (or something similar) and bass blockers to see if that makes it useable for you. The 6.75 in the kick panels are not critical and probably not worth an upgrade without an amp. I did get the Infinity speakers warrantied and will put them in the rear pods, picking up a bit more volume and clearer sound for the rear seat occupants.

fuhrius

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Mustang, Focus
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
the wind noise from the hardtop is absurd. everything else is pretty good.

6gtexanbronco

Raptor
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Raptor, '74 Wagoneer, '20 Navi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My biggest gripe is the power band kicks in right about the same time the speed limit does.

All kidding aside it’s a great vehicle. Only 2 gripes I have are the torque management off the line and inside storage.
Now I have a lot of rc crawlers and can appreciate the controlled power off the go for crawling but in the city I like to drive heavy footed off the line. So I accept the fact she’s not a race car.
Not to much room inside to hide things so you have to get creative with it. Which I love doing. Lots of after market support and great ideas on here for dyi and parts people made. Love it.
I guess they would be more of a peeve then a gripe.

that’s coming from a 2 door owner who uses it as a weekend/play toy.
You pretty much nailed my thoughts. Great power once you are rolling but not great off the line.
Storage is expected to be a challenge. I put phone on dash mount and a non-slip mat for glasses on dash to free up the charging pad in console for a little storage.

Only other complaint for me is rocks thrown up by those Sasquatch tires. Fixed that with Rock Slide Engineering steps.

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really only have 2 (and a 1/2) complaints

1. When it rains, water loves to come right off the top about 1/4 of the way back on the front door, right where my pants leg is getting in or my arm reaches at a drive through...

2. The lack of interior lighting.

2.5. The double honk when I get out with it running and the key in my pocket. (only half because I can turn it off with forscan at some point
Sponsored