Sponsored

For those that have their Broncos, what's your biggest complaint?

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My biggest complaint from the beginning, and still is, the ridiculous limitations on interior color options by model. Why the hell can’t I order a black interior on an OBX when Ford clearly designed that model to be their “luxury” model? Everything is built on the same line. It makes no sense to not just offer all four interior colors (or whatever it is) on all models and then just reserve the leather seating options on higher end models if that’s something they want to do. Not being able to get a basic black interior on every model is dumb.
Sponsored

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My biggest complaint is the terrible gauge cluster, several items.
  • With the placement of the speedometer, your hand blocks the view of it. It is even worse in the winter when you are wearing a big coat or gloves. It should be on the right hand side of the cluster.
  • The speedometer has either miles or kilometres, instead of both.
  • The digital speedometer takes up too much space and really isn't necessary at all. Combined with the dial speedometer, you have 60% or more of the gauge cluster dedicated to the speedometer.
  • The tachometer is dumb and way too small. It should be a regular dial on the left hand side like every other Ford has been for decades.
  • Changing the units of the gauges only changes the digital speedometer, nothing else. It should also change he odometer, fuel economy, range , etc.
  • The My View or whatever it is called should be able to scroll through all options, not just seven of them.
  • The gauge cluster screen should be more configurable.
  • Auto dimming is terribly clunky and even when shut off still changes the brightness when you drive in and out of long shadows.
  • The brightness and colour of the gauge screen and the radio screen should be able to be adjusted separately.
Other complaints:
  • The inability of Ford to put power seats in the two door is beyond belief, especially considering that the cost of the leather seats is the same for a two door as it is for a four door. Two door cars have had power seats since like 1953. Even the previous version of the Bronco had power seats available.
  • Lumbar support does not extend far enough.
  • Expensive leather seats have limited adjustability.
  • The placement of the steering wheel volume controls on the left is nonsensical. Every other media control on the steering wheel is on the right. They should also be up and down buttons, not side to side.
  • The window and mirror controls in the centre console are poorly placed and awkward to reach. There is no reason for this placement.

Last edited:

Rm20148

Black Diamond
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I started with Infinity Refence 4" speakers. They are slight lower resistance and slightly more sensitive than most other brands in the 4" size and around the same $ (I think I paid $70 last summer for them), so they played a bit louder and were much clearer. I added 300hz bass blockers and that helped a bit more. That turned the stock system to "tolerable". I had one of the 4" voice coils go bad (intermittent buzzing) so while I was upgrading, I switched the front 4" and 6.75" to Kicker KS series (middle of their line?) based on good reviews and price vs. performance. Slight warmer sound and to my surprise, it improved the sound stage a bit. I would try either of the 4" (or something similar) and bass blockers to see if that makes it useable for you. The 6.75 in the kick panels are not critical and probably not worth an upgrade without an amp. I did get the Infinity speakers warrantied and will put them in the rear pods, picking up a bit more volume and clearer sound for the rear seat occupants.
Thank you! I have heard good things about the Kicker speakers and have also been looking at the Focal. I just need them to be better than the basic speakers in my old minivan! Thanks again for helping steer me here!

gerby151

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22Bronco Badlands (Honcho) '09 Harley Davidson
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That I can’t get a washout floor for my OBX. I think ford should offer it across the board. Or as an accessory. Not much else I can complain about I’ve put about 1000 miles on and dang it drives nice.
EDIT* I found a complaint! That all the doors don’t have the passive entry handles. It happened again today I want to open the rear door but it’s locked so I have to grab the front handle to unlock the rear doors.
Yeah you would have thought that a "beach inspired" Bronco would have had washout floors. Evidently they have never been to the beach!

Pal Force

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra, Macan, Bullitt, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2 dr, black diamond, hardtop, squatch. Love the truck. Peeves: dashboard display, stoplight on/off switch, stress crack in windshield.

Sponsored

BillieB

Outer Banks
First Name
Billie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler & F350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

First, I love my Bronco with every fiber of my being. With that being said- The wind noise of the hardtop was surprising. I originally had a hardtop Jeep so I'm no stranger to the style, but my Bronco is a lot louder. Secondly, Seat position memory. That's it, that's the list.

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's an SUV and there are no cup holders in the back. Seats 5 holds drinks for 2. Unless you get an upgraded trim? Since when is getting cup holders in the backseat an option??

acroweak

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Only major complaint is I wish the second row seats folded completely flat with the rear cargo area

Xcmtbrcr

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, 16 Toyota LC and jag epace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That I can’t get a washout floor for my OBX. I think ford should offer it across the board. Or as an accessory. Not much else I can complain about I’ve put about 1000 miles on and dang it drives nice.
EDIT* I found a complaint! That all the doors don’t have the passive entry handles. It happened again today I want to open the rear door but it’s locked so I have to grab the front handle to unlock the rear doors.
My tailgate and passenger doors have proximity working. It maybe that the connection is partially seated. Easy to access behind the panel and confirm wiring?!

Xcmtbrcr

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, 16 Toyota LC and jag epace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
First, I love my Bronco with every fiber of my being. With that being said- The wind noise of the hardtop was surprising. I originally had a hardtop Jeep so I'm no stranger to the style, but my Bronco is a lot louder. Secondly, Seat position memory. That's it, that's the list.
Agree on hardtop. Many jeeps and none as loud as that plastic top. I pulled the carpet from roof panels and main top and applied 2mm thick spectrum second skin and then reglued the carpet to the roof. Improved things drastically- soooo quiet. Also pulled aluminum can thick rear fenders and all wheel wells with the same treatment. 3 days for the whole production. Doors with dynamat.

Sponsored

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's an SUV and there are no cup holders in the back. Seats 5 holds drinks for 2. Unless you get an upgraded trim? Since when is getting cup holders in the backseat an option??
I noticed recently on Ford’s build page they changed the cloth interior to all include the fold down back seat middle armrest with the cup holders without having to get the MGV upgrade. But I’m unsure when this transition happened. Not sure I’ll get them with mylate January build.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you! I have heard good things about the Kicker speakers and have also been looking at the Focal. I just need them to be better than the basic speakers in my old minivan! Thanks again for helping steer me here!
I heard the Focals in a Bronco recently. They are nice, but they maybe be a little less efficient, they would be better with an amp IMO.

Bigmatt

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Still waiting on my to find a truck and drive 2hrs but my issue from order/reservation was the fact on my trim I was unable to get dual zone hvac and heated seats with a manual transmission in something that was below a badlands. I come from driving old jeeps (pre JK) so I don’t need a lot but my wife’s atlas has those things and I would’ve gotten them so I guess tough shit to ford for loosing out on some more money from me, I’d rather have the manual trans!

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I noticed recently on Ford’s build page they changed the cloth interior to all include the fold down back seat middle armrest with the cup holders without having to get the MGV upgrade. But I’m unsure when this transition happened. Not sure I’ll get them with mylate January build.
That's awesome that have updated that. It's a pain for me, because I use this as a family car and my children don't have cupholders. So I had to find something on Amazon haha.

CaptFett

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lx470
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agree on hardtop. Many jeeps and none as loud as that plastic top. I pulled the carpet from roof panels and main top and applied 2mm thick spectrum second skin and then reglued the carpet to the roof. Improved things drastically- soooo quiet. Also pulled aluminum can thick rear fenders and all wheel wells with the same treatment. 3 days for the whole production. Doors with dynamat.
Like the work done! Did you detail the process on the sound improvement process?
Sponsored