hoss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Oh, must have missed that in the product guides, my bad.
Earlier IPMAs had a bit where you could adjust the sensitivity. I don't know if that's still true. I can agree that the effectiveness is hit or miss, sometimes it'll kick on as I'm passing a semi and I'm sure they don't enjoy the brights in their forward-mounted mirror.

At least on earlier models, you can quickly disable them by putting the headlamp switch on On instead of Auto -- there's a stretch of highway by me with a center barrier *just* the right height that my car can't see their headlights, but my highbeam blinds truckers. I'll switch my headlamp switch to On for that stretch, then back to Auto when i exit into the country
The problem I have is that the auto high beams aren't active until you reach a certain speed. It would be nice for them to work inside of a dark neighborhood driving under 25 mph.

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It would be nice for them to work inside of a dark neighborhood driving under 25 mph.
YEEESSSSSS!!! I wish they would work at low speed. I do not understand why this is an issue. Maybe the technology does not work effectively at lower speeds. I added ditch lights and a light bar to remedy this in my neighborhood. I do not want to a ticket for running them somewhere else.
I like auto dimming, start/stop, and many other features. I am less distracted while driving. I do not have to take my hands off the wheel.

Sal Gallo

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yea just tried the double honk. Doesnā€™t work.
Me either - I can get the lights to blink then nothing. Wonder what I did change now?

Sponsored

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Cactus Grey Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When you press the front camera button it goes OFF as you pick up speed .... I think its 5 MPH or something like that. Its really handy when crawling.

is there a hack to increase that speed break off point .... would like to set it to at least 15 MPH
I agree that'd be cool.

When you are in Baja mode it's on. But be nice to have it stay on a little longer when in 2W drive

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I read about a really good mod for disabling the double honk. First, disconnect the horn. Then drive. Hahaha. Seriously though, don't do this. ForScan is your friend.

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Seven pages in and I still canā€™t disable double honk šŸ˜¤
My FIL purchased a OBD plug-in dongle that disabled it in our Navigator and two company F250s. Didn't need to stay in, just once in and it never double-honked again. Need to ask him where he got it, will be near the top of the to-buy list when the Bronco comes in.

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let's see... reasons I've done this in the past:

- Hopping out to open the gate before driving through, then hopping back out to close the gate
- Checking trailer lights before driving off after connecting the trailer
- Pulling up, hopping out to check the mailbox before pulling the rest of the way into the driveway
- Getting out to assist at an accident scene or to assist a disabled motorist
- Realized after starting the vehicle that I'd left something in the house and running back inside to get it
- Running inside a restaurant to grab a to go order real quick while others wait in the vehicle
- Hopping out to remove an obstacle in the way on a trail
- Getting out to double check a line when "self spotting" off road

I could go on.
Hopping out at the store in 100 Ā°F weather with the wife and kids in the vehicle.

Probably the first thing I will remove when I get mine.

Fordhammer

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hopping out at the store in 100 Ā°F weather with the wife and kids in the vehicle.

Probably the first thing I will remove when I get mine.
Not a fix but if you only close the door to the first latch, not fully closed, it will not honk

Sponsored

SilverSurfer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond 4dr MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Disable the double honk when exiting with the engine running

• Make sure Bronco is off and at rest
  • Hold lock and unlock buttons down on the key fob 3 seconds until lights blink twice
  • Release both buttons
  • Press lock button

No more stupid double honk!

Update on the double honk. It still does do it when I close the door. I could have sworn that I tested that the other day. I guess this goes forscan bin šŸ˜¬
I fixed it by taking doors off. :)

PorkchopExpress

Outer Banks
First Name
Rafa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco,Toyota Supra LE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Disable the double honk when exiting with the engine running

• Make sure Bronco is off and at rest
  • Hold lock and unlock buttons down on the key fob 3 seconds until lights blink twice
  • Release both buttons
  • Press lock button

No more stupid double honk!

Update on the double honk. It still does do it when I close the door. I could have sworn that I tested that the other day. I guess this goes forscan bin šŸ˜¬
This is with Forscan right?

brentallan4421

Outer Banks
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Have any other soft top owners lost the retaining clip for the top prop? 25$ to replace the
Ford Bronco Easy Bronco Settings/Hacks (I'm talking to you seatbelt chime & double honk when engine running) 20220502_132550
Ford Bronco Easy Bronco Settings/Hacks (I'm talking to you seatbelt chime & double honk when engine running) 20220502_132550
Ford Bronco Easy Bronco Settings/Hacks (I'm talking to you seatbelt chime & double honk when engine running) 20220502_132602
Ford Bronco Easy Bronco Settings/Hacks (I'm talking to you seatbelt chime & double honk when engine running) 20220502_132613
tiny piece of plastic. Pay attention when lowering the prop, it probably got spun 90Ā° and fell out, it was just missing and nowhere to be found. Working on another solution will post if I come up with one.

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree that'd be cool.

When you are in Baja mode it's on. But be nice to have it stay on a little longer when in 2W drive
Here is a little tip... you can go to Baja mode and then change it to 2H... =Sport mode with the front camera

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Me either - I can get the lights to blink then nothing. Wonder what I did change now?
Iā€™ll tell you what it changed on mine. When the doors are locked and I grab the driverā€™s door, then all the doors unlock simultaneously.
Sponsored