Sponsored

What have you heard? Will all current orders be built before the start of production of the 2023 model year?

Ben3

Wildtrak
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ordered in august 2021. Changed to a 2022 in November. Dealer called 2 weeks ago and said I had a build date the week of May 23rd. Ford e-mailed me today and said build date week of May 16th. Loaded Wildtrack. Hot Pepper Red.
Sponsored

Jtouliatos

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What I hate more than the delay is the long-con: Your bronco Is just around the corner.. I would much rather know that I will not get a bronco for 2 years than spend those 2 years expecting it any time.
Amen to that

Los

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Disco3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I called Ford marketing on Friday.
I placed my order on day 3. Yes - idiot me, was debating if I need a Bronco or not...
I have ordered in February 2021.
I was in my late 40's then. Now I am in my 50's. In the meanwhile I got a small SUV, a Maverick truck and ordered another truck (to come soon).

On Friday, Ford Marketing gave me the same story we all know too well: constraints (I have listed a bunch of them to the point that all my virtual Bronco is a constraint).

Now I'd be really excited to get any relevant info about my order.
Would I like the Bronco to show up on my dealer right now, Knowing it came straight from the dirt mountain, snow mountain, mud hole and all shady places? Maybe not...
I will definitely look for any sign of rust on it!

In the meanwhile I see 4-door Broncos w soft tops every day on the streets (S Florida).
I would still not change my order.
However...
IMPORTANT: from Ford Marketing I got the Price Protection number (for the '21 to '22 model)!
They recommend to give it to the dealer before engaging in needless talks!
What's the price protection number, I want it, as Ford told me that my price was protected.... whatever that means...

bek

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am curious to know what you have heard from FMC customer service, your dealer, or via any connections you might have. Will all current orders be built before the start of production of the 2023 model year?
I hope mine isn't. I want a 2023 model.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I really canā€™t wait till threads about order delays are as obsolete as threads discussing if Ford will produce the Bronco with a solid front axle. This will naturally mean I have mine. As far as the rest of us? Itā€™ll mean you get a Bronco, and you get a Bronco. . . Iā€™m a December 21 order, so Iā€™m not holding much hope.

Sponsored

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Will Ford get all existing MY22 Broncos built? No
Are they trying hard to get all MY22 Broncos Built? Yes
What is the BIGGEST issue leading to not all MY22 Broncos being built? Dealer Allocation

Until Ford and other automakers can get production up, the price of vehicles will continue to grow. Those worried about losing their price protection with an MY 2023 vehicle should take a look around at competitive vehicles today and their prices, and availability. Everything is costing more these days.

Azfordman

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 F150 Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am a July 2020 reservation. I put down $2,000 and ordered my Bronco in January 2021. My small town dealership has around 80 reservations/orders total and to date has only been allocated/sent a grand total of 15..... I would bet any amount of money that Ford is not going to miraculously send my dealership 65 Bronco's in the next 7 months........

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am a July 2020 reservation. I put down $2,000 and ordered my Bronco in January 2021. My small town dealership has around 80 reservations/orders total and to date has only been allocated/sent a grand total of 15..... I would bet any amount of money that Ford is not going to miraculously send my dealership 65 Bronco's in the next 7 months........
It comes down if Ford is willing to not take orders for any bronco from dealerships that have been fulfilled (i.e. not stocking orders) to let those dealerships with low allocations get customer orders built.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Employee pet peeve but FMC is widely used to represent Ford Motor Company actually.
One more letter and you can just type FORD instead of FMC. Dumb (not you, the FMCā€

Spidurfiji

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Will Ford get all existing MY22 Broncos built? No
Are they trying hard to get all MY22 Broncos Built? Yes
What is the BIGGEST issue leading to not all MY22 Broncos being built? Dealer Allocation

Until Ford and other automakers can get production up, the price of vehicles will continue to grow. Those worried about losing their price protection with an MY 2023 vehicle should take a look around at competitive vehicles today and their prices, and availability. Everything is costing more these days.
sorry for the coming rantā€¦.

I wish I had your optimism that Ford is trying to complete all MY 2022 orders. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of Broncos waiting on Ice Mountain from January or earlier and now April. There appears to be no priority placed on these vehicles 4 months or longer into the production process. There has been zero communication to customers regarding these trucks in purgatory. Ford has stated F150 is a priority, and one has to imagine Ford wants the Bronco Raptor rollout to go more smoothly. Guess where production priority is going to be placed? Not trucks sitting in a parking lot that have to be worked in a non-standard, off the production line build procedure.

Ford stated there were 53000 vehicles waiting for chips end of first quarter. 53000. You can commend Ford for supporting factory workers by keeping production lines open but theyve dug a huge hole for themselves. Ford has bitten off alot to chew with the Bronco and Lightning rollouts in the current environment. Ford has completely failed at setting expectations and transparent communication for the entire year. Sure there have been chip shortages but Ford has also built thousands of Bronco since January with no concern, including dealer stock deliveries. Kind of calls bullshit on the continued ā€œchip holdā€ excuse so many of us are being fed

To me itā€™s clear that Ford has chosen to maximize profit at the expense of satisfying order holders and those waiting for MY 2022 vehicles. Might be good for shareholders in the short term but itā€™s damaging relationships with loyal
customers. Likely the profits will have a larger positive impact to Ford than the negative of lost customers. Doesnt mean I have to like being left in the cold.

Anyway, I dont mean this as a personal attack on anyone and I truly hope Ford figures things out and comes through heroically. Just not holding my breath.

Sponsored

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
sorry for the coming rantā€¦.

I wish I had your optimism that Ford is trying to complete all MY 2022 orders. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of Broncos waiting on Ice Mountain from January or earlier and now April. There appears to be no priority placed on these vehicles 4 months or longer into the production process. There has been zero communication to customers regarding these trucks in purgatory. Ford has stated F150 is a priority, and one has to imagine Ford wants the Bronco Raptor rollout to go more smoothly. Guess where production priority is going to be placed? Not trucks sitting in a parking lot that have to be worked in a non-standard, off the production line build procedure.

Ford stated there were 53000 vehicles waiting for chips end of first quarter. 53000. You can commend Ford for supporting factory workers by keeping production lines open but theyve dug a huge hole for themselves. Ford has bitten off alot to chew with the Bronco and Lightning rollouts in the current environment. Ford has completely failed at setting expectations and transparent communication for the entire year. Sure there have been chip shortages but Ford has also built thousands of Bronco since January with no concern, including dealer stock deliveries. Kind of calls bullshit on the continued ā€œchip holdā€ excuse so many of us are being fed

To me itā€™s clear that Ford has chosen to maximize profit at the expense of satisfying order holders and those waiting for MY 2022 vehicles. Might be good for shareholders in the short term but itā€™s damaging relationships with loyal
customers. Likely the profits will have a larger positive impact to Ford than the negative of lost customers. Doesnt mean I have to like being left in the cold.

Anyway, I dont mean this as a personal attack on anyone and I truly hope Ford figures things out and comes through heroically. Just not holding my breath.
I doubt that shareholders are very pleased in the long or short term. Ford stock is down almost 50% this year, with no signs of that trend reversing.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
To me itā€™s clear that Ford has chosen to maximize profit at the expense of satisfying order holders and those waiting for MY 2022 vehicles.
I've worked with a number of manufacturers in the past and while I agree, that profit is a major motivating factor, I can tell you that within Ford there are just as many people fighting for the customer as those for the shareholder. This is because Ford is trying to be more customer-focused, they just aren't good at it. And it is their lack of communication that makes it clear.

I believe that the vehicles waiting for chips are actually still waiting for chips. And the chips they are waiting for are chips that Ford already engineered out of the current Bronco's being built. So that is why they are building and delivering because those trucks don't need chips that are in short supply. Those vehicles on the mountain need the chips.

Now it's possible they haven't put enough people to work on those vehicles on the mountain. That I don't know, but I can't imagine why they would delay those being delivered. The longer they hold them the more risk that something bad could happen and those undelivered and not quite produced vehicles can't be good for their financial bottom line.

Spidurfiji

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've worked with a number of manufacturers in the past and while I agree, that profit is a major motivating factor, I can tell you that within Ford there are just as many people fighting for the customer as those for the shareholder. This is because Ford is trying to be more customer-focused, they just aren't good at it. And it is their lack of communication that makes it clear.

I believe that the vehicles waiting for chips are actually still waiting for chips. And the chips they are waiting for are chips that Ford already engineered out of the current Bronco's being built. So that is why they are building and delivering because those trucks don't need chips that are in short supply. Those vehicles on the mountain need the chips.

Now it's possible they haven't put enough people to work on those vehicles on the mountain. That I don't know, but I can't imagine why they would delay those being delivered. The longer they hold them the more risk that something bad could happen and those undelivered and not quite produced vehicles can't be good for their financial bottom line.
I dont doubt the Ice Mountain Broncos need chips. Do

I have no doubt the trucks on Ice Mountain need chips. I just have lost faith that Ford has good control and plan to work through it all. The lack of communication paints the company as incompetent, unsympathetic or scared to deal with us, none of which is reassuring.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚ no.

In all seriousness, my dealer told me if I donā€™t want mine built, leave the order as is, as I am not giving on a few items. I am pretty much guaranteed to get a 2023 unless something drastically changes.
I have a ton of restricted items and Iā€™ve only been waiting a year. So, I fully expect to get a ā€˜23. I want the painted modular top anyway.

VV6667

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep-JK, Ford Lariat,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Depends how big Mud Mountain is. Can they fit 100k Broncos there? Although I guess those are considered "In Production", not "Built".

Zero chance all current orders are built before 2023 production starts. Based on what's happened this year, I'll expect that in 2023, some folks will get their '23 models before some get their chip hold '22.
just keep bending over and getting the boot placed in _____fill in the blank!
Sponsored