Sponsored

Bronco White Tops, Multiple Vinyl Interior Colors & More Confirmed at Ford Employee Event

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Door handles ordered through parts always come primed. The body shop paints them per vehicle VIN.
I have bought OEM non primed handles before
Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Makes sense if the OB and WT are advertised as carpeted flooring as a creature comfort. Peel them back and you’re back to the rubberized floor with active drain plugs. Ford does refer to the rubberized flooring as “sparse” interior. However, it is a different stamping, which makes sense that it is only found in OB and above.. So, just a theory, OB and WT simply have carpet on top if we believe the Ford employee who said All trims starting with OB have drain plugs.
Perhaps there’s a “ carpet delete” checkbox lurking under the configurator carpet - yeahhh
Ford rep at last Q&A said BD and BL get active drains with the rubberized floor and every other trim gets passive drains (presumably under the carpet like a Jeep).

Wolfsburg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F-150, 1968 Ford Mustang California Special, 1969 Ford Mustang coupe, 1963 Volkswagen Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
7. Per one of the knowledgeable reps... white door handles will not be an option... but he did say painted white hard top will be an option, I even clarified 2 times
Woohoo!!!

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm wondering if the 3 pc top above that is the same as Bronco MIC top? Almost double the price to get the nicer painted top.
Yeah, the $1295 top on the Jeep will be most in line with the MIC Jeep top

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For everyone worried about pulling carpets and whatnot, in the Wranglers it is stupid easy. These will probably be the same. They aren't even glued in on Jeeps and I used to pull mine early spring every year and put them back in when fall came around and the hardtop went back on. I have since gotten lazy, but I still have them and they will go back in when I sell the Jeep.

Also there is no way they make any of these without drain plugs of some sort. For those who have ignored or missed it already stated in this thread, Ford confirmed drain plugs on all models. I would expect the active drains to be an option for OB and above if they're even an option at all. It might just be something you can only get with rubberized floors.

I also wouldn't count on Ford rubberizing the floors and then throwing carpet on top. The body colored painted floors on my jeep have held up beautifully for years without any coatings. I do, however, still leave the rubber floor mats on them, but that's mostly to make it easier to clear some debris. It just doesn't make sense to me for Ford to put the money into two floorings in one Bronco. If people want to pull their carpets they can do it how I did, or do what many others have done and Line-X the floors after.

I would like to be proven wrong on both carpet and rubberized floors being in one Bronco, but I just don't see it happening. I also don't care for carpets and the lack thereof with the floors coated from the factory was a huge pro to me for the Badlands.

Sponsored

zconner1

Badlands
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is excellent news in a a week filled with bad news. Awesome job with everything!!!

Mcfly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For everyone worried about pulling carpets and whatnot, in the Wranglers it is stupid easy. These will probably be the same. They aren't even glued in on Jeeps and I used to pull mine early spring every year and put them back in when fall came around and the hardtop went back on. I have since gotten lazy, but I still have them and they will go back in when I sell the Jeep.

Also there is no way they make any of these without drain plugs of some sort. For those who have ignored or missed it already stated in this thread, Ford confirmed drain plugs on all models. I would expect the active drains to be an option for OB and above if they're even an option at all. It might just be something you can only get with rubberized floors.

I also wouldn't count on Ford rubberizing the floors and then throwing carpet on top. The body colored painted floors on my jeep have held up beautifully for years without any coatings. I do, however, still leave the rubber floor mats on them, but that's mostly to make it easier to clear some debris. It just doesn't make sense to me for Ford to put the money into two floorings in one Bronco. If people want to pull their carpets they can do it how I did, or do what many others have done and Line-X the floors after.

I would like to be proven wrong on both carpet and rubberized floors being in one Bronco, but I just don't see it happening. I also don't care for carpets and the lack thereof with the floors coated from the factory was a huge pro to me for the Badlands.
I know, but trying to square up (3) with what we think we know.

3. Trims starting at the Outerbanks and above level will have floor plugs, just under the carpet if you don't get rubber floors.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

WOW - interactive garage shows the below when you select white hard top. When you select black top the message below just says "see associate". So maybe this is a good 500-1000 premium over standard top, if true that its 2,499

Ford Accessories - Factory Hard Top - White
Product # FordFactoryHardTopwhite_TBD

$2,499.99
Is that maybe the 4 door price where you are going from soft to premium painted top?
Ford Bronco Bronco White Tops, Multiple Vinyl Interior Colors & More Confirmed at Ford Employee Event D9A581EE-3CC1-41DC-AA54-399670BF9057

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great news, now we can move to finding out if we can get a white grill option. Not looking likely unfortunately.

Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did we just have 10 pages about a white top? Ford, please confirm without a shadow of a doubt that they can have a white top, so we can have our forum back.
For the people excited for it, awesome. I'm glad they may be able to spec them or at least have an easy path to getting them. All the chatter about white tops and trim pieces has turned me off to them personally. Same happened with Cactus Gray and Area 51. Almost there on Cyber Orange except as maybe utilized as a stripe or accent of some kind.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can you comment on the hue of cactus grey? Does it have a noticable green tone? Is it mint?

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
****UPDATE****

So after attending here is my recap...

Vehicles on display: 2 Bronco Sport Badlands (one Rapid Red and one Cyber Orange), the Catcus Gray 4 door Bronco "20 footer", a black 2 Door Badlands trail equipped concept from earlier event, and the Rapid Red Outbanks 4 door fishing concept.

The vehicles there were nothing new and nothing anyone hasn't seen, so no major updates. Pics from the Employee Round Up thread are representative and better than mine as I realized I did not take that many. The Cactus Gray and 2 Door Badlands were sasquatch packages, the Rapid Red fishing concept was Outer Banks, and the two Bronco Sports were Badlands.

As I expected the majority of the people working the event did not have deep knowledge, just basic info and there to direct people. There were a couple guys there with deeper knowledge but their time was limited with our group.

And no Jerry can paint swatches :(

Some takeaways and answers... all info is per the reps onsite

1. Overall size, height of sasquatched Broncos is not bad. Being 6'5" it shouldn't be an issue getting in. The height of the Outbanks fishing concept was shorter than expected, kind of surprised me. I would say getting in and out would not be vastly different than say an Explorer.

2. Marine grade vinyl will come with a "few color options"

3. Trims starting at the Outerbanks and above level will have floor plugs, just under the carpet if you don't get rubber floors.

4. Trail control will allow you to set "cruise" between 3-20 mph so you can watch other areas of vehicle while on the trail... so you don't have to focus on looking out the windshield

5. Trial cam recording... probably not going to be available onboard, suggestion was use a GoPro

6. General location of front trail cam (couldn't confirm where exactly) appears it would be covered by the winch they had on the black 2 door

7. Per one of the knowledgeable reps... white door handles will not be an option... but he did say painted white hard top will be an option, I even clarified 2 times

8. Per same rep from #7... this one I found interesting... he said wherever there is a screw stamped with "Bronco", that location was built with the intent to accommodate accessories/aftermarket pieces.

Other than those things, nothing really new... I had limited time and realized when my group was done I hadn't asked more questions or took more pics... I think I was too excited to finally see them in person.

Overall all of them will be great vehicles and we all will have a great time customizing and making them our own!
So no more news on the manual-squatch potential... I know I'm not the only one that is pissed that you can't get the manual with the Sasquatch package or the 2.7. It would be great if we could put more pressure on Ford at these events. Thanks for you work though... Some great Intel.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did we just have 10 pages about a white top? Ford, please confirm without a shadow of a doubt that they can have a white top, so we can have our forum back.
Unless you’re calling the OP a liar, it’s been confirmed.
Sponsored