castassoc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Showed up at Chula Vista Ford this morning to pick up my long-awaited Bronco, only to be received by the Sales and General Manager telling me that my now $46K MSRP was listed at $59.5 due to their added dealer markup and "accessories" which included a car alarm/theft deterrent, nitro in the tires, some code security etching in the window, etc. items that according to them go on EVERY vehicle they sell. Can't believe that after placing the order and a deposit on January 7, 2021, they had the gall to pull this one.

They said that they were doing me a "favor" by giving me a special price since these trucks are going for $15k over. After having to control myself with the belligerent Sales Manager, I walked out of the worst experience of customer service anyone could ever have. They indicated that the dealership was under new ownership and they had no previous letter or documentation that the vehicle was to be sold at MSRP, even though I had a copy of the order/spec sheet and a credit card voucher from the deposit. If Ford is allowing dealers to pull off things under their noses, it says a lot about their brand.
Sponsored

babraunagel

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you have a reservation, Ford will support you and help with the dealer.

If not, all bets are off, however they may help since you got it in writing from the dealership. It should not matter if it's under new management. The agreement is with the company, not the owner of rhe company

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Showed up at Chula Vista Ford this morning to pick up my long-awaited Bronco, only to be received by the Sales and General Manager telling me that my now $46K MSRP was listed at $59.5 due to their added dealer markup and "accessories" which included a car alarm/theft deterrent, nitro in the tires, some code security etching in the window, etc. items that according to them go on EVERY vehicle they sell. Can't believe that after placing the order and a deposit on January 7, 2021, they had the gall to pull this one.

They said that they were doing me a "favor" by giving me a special price since these trucks are going for $15k over. After having to control myself with the belligerent Sales Manager, I walked out of the worst experience of customer service anyone could ever have. They indicated that the dealership was under new ownership and they had no previous letter or documentation that the vehicle was to be sold at MSRP, even though I had a copy of the order/spec sheet and a credit card voucher from the deposit. If Ford is allowing dealers to pull off things under their noses, it says a lot about their brand.
Putting Nitro/CO2 in the tires of an off-road vehicle designed to be repeatedly aired down/aired up, and then having the gall to charge for it, is the height of idiocy and arrogance.

Sponsored

Taltyman

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Rubicon, Ford F350, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ouch. Reminds me of when we bought our FJ Cruiser when they first came back out (since discontinued). We live in Texas and every dealer in the Southeast zone did similar crap. Installed paint protection, pin stripe, etc and marked them way up. Via a forum we found a dealer in Minnesota that was selling at MSRP and my wife flew up there and drove it back and we saved a few thousand dollars even after the cost of the plane ticket. It was like they all were in it together in that zone. I guess Toyota was fine with it. Was a great ride until the engine blew in the middle of nowhere in New Mexico on a trip to Colorado.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Its the Ford Bronco way.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If the dealership required a deposit beyond the $100 reservation fee when you placed your order and you didn't agree to the "dealers added accessories" at the time you placed the order and gave them that deposit then get a lawyer.

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP, I am a bit confused by your postings, because your previous post on October 21 indicated that you already lost your reservation or your order. Is there more to the story?
"My POS dealer just sent me an email refunding my original $100 reservation slot hold. Turns out that my build/configuration and $1k deposit (from Jan 10, 2021) was never submitted and the dealership changed owners, and I am SOL. Getting pretty sick and tired with Ford, just may have to hold on..."

WTFitsBroncoJ

Black Diamond
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP, I am a bit confused by your postings, because your previous post on October 21 indicated that you already lost your reservation or your order. Is there more to the story?
"My POS dealer just sent me an email refunding my original $100 reservation slot hold. Turns out that my build/configuration and $1k deposit (from Jan 10, 2021) was never submitted and the dealership changed owners, and I am SOL. Getting pretty sick and tired with Ford, just may have to hold on..."
Ford Bronco Screwed over by Chula Vista Ford steve-urkel-detective

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As someone still waiting for mine to be built , these posts are awful to read.

It is such a crappy thing to happen to someone and it’s just awful. You are there staring at your long awaited Bronco and just want take it home.

Then realize you are driving home without new Bronco.

Its just awful .

Hope works out for you OP.

OP
OP
castassoc

castassoc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was just as confused as you, as they reimbursed the original $100 used to place a hold for a spot on the Ford website, not the $1k to the dealer when we submitted the order.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was just as confused as you, as they reimbursed the original $100 used to place a hold for a spot on the Ford website, not the $1k to the dealer when we submitted the order.
Will you find another dealer, or buy a different car?
Sponsored