Sponsored

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let me start by saying that I really did not mind my Ford Factory softop. I worked fine. However, I really liked the look of the Bestop and middle construction. Living in the NC mountains with snow and high winds, I wanted to have a top that was stronger. When I had the factory softop I only put it all the way back two times. I have no problems with the middle position. Here are some tips and pros / cons from switching tops.

Pros:
- Looks much better (windows / back )
- Less air noise
-No bars in truck area (hated them)
-Back window opens completely (VERY EASY)

Cons:
-assemble can be very challenging. Make sure you take your time with the screws and line them up perfectly. Do not use wrong screws. Two person job (trust me)
-harder to bring back to middle position (Still, not a problem for me)
-Does not go all the way back (But blocks back window- Problem for me)
-$1,800 to go from soft top to Bestop (For me it is worth it- still might not be for others)

Overall:
- I love this top. The look and how sturdy feel is enough for me. No regrets!!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

Ford Bronco Bestop Trektop Slantback Soft Top (Replaced Factory Soft Top)- Great!! .. Love it!! .. but be careful.. Pros & Cons Review 8F79656E-362F-440F-979E-11E49565CDF2

Ford Bronco Bestop Trektop Slantback Soft Top (Replaced Factory Soft Top)- Great!! .. Love it!! .. but be careful.. Pros & Cons Review D0367858-5A3F-4722-86E4-70ECD05415D4

Ford Bronco Bestop Trektop Slantback Soft Top (Replaced Factory Soft Top)- Great!! .. Love it!! .. but be careful.. Pros & Cons Review 647FBF00-75CB-496A-A4A5-7E1D13D4DB40

C9C87D4B-57C8-480A-8236-AE196CAE0383.jpeg

Sponsored

Last edited:

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Let me start by saying that I really did not mind my Ford Factory softop. I worked fine. However, I really liked the look of the Bestop and middle construction. Living in the NC mountains with snow and high winds, I wanted to have a top that was stronger. When I had the factory softop I only put it all the way back two times. I have no problems with the middle position. Here are some tips and pros / cons from switching tops.

Pros:
- Looks much better (windows / back )
- Less air noise
-No bars in truck area (hated them)
-Back window opens completely (VERY EASY)

Cons:
-assemble can be very challenging. Make sure you take your time with the screws and line them up perfectly. Do not use wrong screws. Two person job (trust me)
-$1,800 to go from soft top to Bestop (For me it is worth it- still might not be for others)

Overall:
- I love this top. The look and how sturdy feel is enough for me. No regrets!!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

Ford Bronco Bestop Trektop Slantback Soft Top (Replaced Factory Soft Top)- Great!! .. Love it!! .. but be careful.. Pros & Cons Review C9C87D4B-57C8-480A-8236-AE196CAE0383

Ford Bronco Bestop Trektop Slantback Soft Top (Replaced Factory Soft Top)- Great!! .. Love it!! .. but be careful.. Pros & Cons Review C9C87D4B-57C8-480A-8236-AE196CAE0383

C9C87D4B-57C8-480A-8236-AE196CAE0383.jpeg

I have put many Bestops on Jeeps, including my TJ. I have had customers try to install themselves and end up not being able to and I can say this......

High quality, well made product. And YES, take your time they are like an adult erector set, LOTS of small parts and each have their place. Follow the directions.

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm 100% getting one for my 2 door.

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cons:
Can you expand on this? I've very seriously considering replacing my soft top too.

Are you saying that it's harder to just flip back than stock? I played with one on the demo in Moab and didn't notice that.

Are you saying that the Best Top blocks the rear window?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think because it is still new, it appears to be harder to lift. Still not really a problem. The Best top does not block the rear windows at all. Totally clear. Standard top blocks when placed completely down and two bars extend as well.
Can you expand on this? I've very seriously considering replacing my soft top too.

Are you saying that it's harder to just flip back than stock? I played with one on the demo in Moab and didn't notice that.

Are you saying that the Best Top blocks the rear window?

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2004 Volkswagen R32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My gas mileage improved over 1 MPG when I switched to the Bestop lol. I guess lower weight and slightly better pressure recovery with the fastback shape. Was getting 17ish before and now getting high 18s.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I really do love the3 fastback look, but I recently just put a JTops shade on my Bronco, and iirc from watching a previous video the Bestop uses the hard top bracket mount. This makes the 2 incompatible, and I'm not buying another shade just so I can switch to the Bestop...at least not right now, I got other stuff to buy! :D

Migs1313

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think because it is still new, it appears to be harder to lift. Still not really a problem. The Best top does not block the rear windows at all. Totally clear. Standard top blocks when placed completely down and two bars extend as well.
It could also be hard to move if you really tightened down the shouldered bolts connecting all the arms together try backing them off a 1/4 turn might help

OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It could also be hard to move if you really tightened down the shouldered bolts connecting all the arms together try backing them off a 1/4 turn might help
Much better!! Thanks for the recommendation buddy. In addition, I notice when I push from the middle, it is also much easier šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ˜Ž

Sponsored

Cfield90

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco/22 Escape/01 Softail/90 Bronco (former)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wonder how many suffering the factory soft top adhesive issue want this top ? Count me in!

Biz

Outer Banks
First Name
Biz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 OBX 2dr / 2019 Edge St / 2016 Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you wanted to remove the whole top how much work would it be? And then to re-install?
I love the look of my 2 door with no top so a Trektop is in the cards if it's easily removed for sunny warm days.

mikey_photo

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I recommend as wellā€¦ donā€™t have experience with the factory soft top (2dr) but I do love my Bestop!

I originally thought I wouldnā€™t like it sitting on top of the roll bar, but itā€™s actually great! In fact, itā€™s pretty much like having no top on. Itā€™s totally out of my field of view and non existent in the rearview.

Ford Bronco Bestop Trektop Slantback Soft Top (Replaced Factory Soft Top)- Great!! .. Love it!! .. but be careful.. Pros & Cons Review 5E90B50A-28E7-4B9D-B5AA-20D048717387
Sponsored